Bill Lucas On Dionn

I know I've read about these 45s before but whats the score with those orange label styrene copies of "Cause you're mine"? Its often touted that they're 2nd presses/70s bootlegs/whatever? Anybody got a definate answer?

Help?

derek

'The oldest trick in the book' department - DP asks an interesting question to cover up the fact he's completely forgotten the info which he's been told/read about many times before oops

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I know I've read about these 45s before but whats the score with those orange label styrene copies of "Cause you're mine"? Its often touted that they're 2nd presses/70s bootlegs/whatever? Anybody got a definate answer?

Help?

derek

'The oldest trick in the book' department - DP asks an interesting question to cover up the fact he's completely forgotten the info which he's been told/read about many times before oops

link

They were definately legit represses, I remember Pete Lawson buying them direct from Jamie/Guyden.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Right finally got 'round to posting up scans of both 45s and here's the info on the run out grooves from both discs as well for all you obsessives out there hehe....

Bill Lucas "Cause I know your mine/I don't wanna ever love again" Dionn 502

White Dionn vinyl "Cause" D-DLU-1 919 studios

Orange Dionn styrene "Cause" D-DLU-1-RE MR stamp delta no 102092

Speaking to Tim Ashibende about this recently he actually mentioned that the orange copies have RE after the matrix number, sort of implying they were reissues. The label scans also show the matrix numbers if you look carefully.

To estimate the date release of Dionn 502 we need to investigate the Billboard R&B charts. Brenda & theTabulations scored with Dionn 501 "Stay together young lovers" in June 1967 and later with "Just once in a lifetime" on Dionn 503 in September of the same year. The delta number on the orange ones would positively date its release.

None of this information really clears the water as to what the orange copies really are, though the general consensus seems to reckon that they are legitimate 2nd issues by the company released a few years after the white ones. Infact has anybody got an issue copy in the label style of the white demo if that makes any sense?

phew its all good fun innit,

derek

post-1224-1122408000_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest livelikeasailor

Help?

derek

link

You still doing magazine? If your rght bloke that is! K.T

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!