Guest BigBill

• Replies 39
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi bill, the way i understand this one is there should be a BELL SOUND & NASHVILLE MATRIX-STAMPED INTO THE RUN OUT GROOVE, there is a boot as the same design as your pictures but as i say i think they should have the above STAMPED in the run out groove if original-:good:

Boot of same design has "Delta number 10031" in dead wax, trouble with record is theres that many different Original designs,I know of about 5 & thats not including Boots, have seen the rare ones with straight black plain writing across the record go for as little as £125, it's a minefield out there.

Spot.shades

Social source share

Hi bill, the way i understand this one is there should be a BELL SOUND & NASHVILLE MATRIX-STAMPED INTO THE RUN OUT GROOVE, there is a boot as the same design as your pictures but as i say i think they should have the above STAMPED in the run out groove if original-good.gif

As Harry states these are the Matrix Stamps "Archive Sample Photo" below.

Bell_Sound.jpg--------Nashville_Matrix-1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your copy has the DELTA # 10031 - Then Unfortunately it would be a boot, as already mentioned by Spot.

Boot ofsame design has "Delta number 10031" in dead wax, trouble with recordis theres that many different Original designs,I know of about 5 &thats not including Boots, have seen the rare ones with straight blackplain writing across the record go for as little as £125, it's aminefield out there.

Spot.:shades:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

As Harry states these are the Matrix Stamps "Archive Sample Photo" below.

Bell_Sound.jpg--------Nashville_Matrix-1.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your copy has the DELTA # 10031 - Then Unfortunately it would be a boot, as already mentioned by Spot.

It has a stamp mark in the run out , best way to describe it is a circle with what seems to be either the initials IR or NR, but scratched into the b/side is 10031, so looks like it might be a boot, if so what would it be worth, Thanks again for all of your help, Bill

Social source share

It has a stamp mark in the run out , best way to describe it is a circle with what seems to be either the initials IR or NR, but scratched into the b/side is 10031, so looks like it might be a boot, if so what would it be worth, Thanks again for all of your help, Bill

Here is the Matrix

Archive Sample Photo

Monarch_Matrix.jpg

Followed by a DELTA (Triangle) & then NUMBER in this case 10031 ("-X" Denotes B'Side)

This Matrix Stamp is the Monarch Matrix which has a very accurate date system.

A grid for 60's releases can be found at >>> ANORAK'S CORNER <<<

10031 makes it a 70's Press.

1. I must STRESS at this point that many Original Records carry a Monarch Stamp.
  2. Monarch just happened to be used to press certain BOOTS in the 70's.
  3. Fortunately Monarch DATE System Helps in this regard.
Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Here is the Matrix

Archive Sample Photo

Monarch_Matrix.jpg

Followed by a DELTA (Triangle) & then NUMBER in this case 10031

This Matrix Stamp is the Monarch Matrix which has a very accurate date system.

A grid for 60's releases can be found at >>> ANORAK'S CORNER <<<

10031 makes it a 70's Press.

Yes its the same matrix followed by a triangle 10031, just as you have described it, cheers, so will it still be worth anything, thanks Billthumbup.gif

Social source share

Im sure some time ago having a conversation with Tim Ashibendi and had or had seen 11 different designs mind you i might be having a senior moment here

The Satins - Nothing Can Compare To You -

[R]24389[/R]

Hi Ted

I have seen a few different Original designs & heard of others.

General_American_GA-006a.jpg---One Of The Original DESIGNS.

VINYL - Has both Matrix Stamps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General_American_GA-006a_DJ_B.jpg---One of the Many Counterfiet / BOOT Copies- VINYL

This one caught me out back in the 70's

Paid good money for it at the time.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Yes its the same matrix followed by a triangle 10031, just as you have described it, cheers, so will it still be worth anything, thanks Billthumbup.gif

As it isn't an Original, Not sure on what this may be worth.

Sometimes seen copies on ebay, described as "2nd Issue" which is a debate all it's own.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

As it isn't an Original, Not sure on what this may be worth.

Sometimes seen copies on ebay, described as "2nd Issue"

Thanks very much, you have helped me greatly and opened my eyes to this world of boots and copies, I hope that I will be able to repeat the favour in the future, as long as it's not about spotting reissues etc rolleyes.gif

Cheers for all your help.......Billthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Thanks very much, you have helped me greatly and opened my eyes to this world of boots and copies, I hope that I will be able to repeat the favour in the future, as long as it's not about spotting reissues etc rolleyes.gif

Cheers for all your help.......Billthumbsup.gif

Hi Bill

Never a problem, it's what this forum is all about.

Main thing is to Enjoy the Music, but to be sure what you have in your collection it always pays to ask.

Don't assume just because one record is a BOOT, that they all are.

Help to Identify is always available here. Sharing Information from many collectors.

Further reading, a Thread from >>> MAY 2007 <<<

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 3 months later...

Ok you have sorted that out

How's this for some anorak stuff

This was posted on my You tube site about the Velvet Satins some time ago

"I'm the singer on this song. I can't believe someone put it on youtube" Bobby Cruz

"Hi Bobby, this is Phil Tano i sang with the velvet Satains with you and Artie, i wrote Cherry that we recorded, and we had an Angle like you, those were the days, i'm still singing i had two hits one in 64 and one in 68, check out my u-tube joey dale and the gigolos."

Nice to know if you didn't already

Soulfull Yours

Jonathan

Social source share

Ok you have sorted that out

How's this for some anorak stuff

This was posted on my You tube site about the Velvet Satins some time ago

"I'm the singer on this song. I can't believe someone put it on youtube" Bobby Cruz

"Hi Bobby, this is Phil Tano i sang with the velvet Satains with you and Artie, i wrote Cherry that we recorded, and we had an Angle like you, those were the days, i'm still singing i had two hits one in 64 and one in 68, check out my u-tube joey dale and the gigolos."

Nice to know if you didn't already

Soulfull Yours

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

Amazing how we can reach the Artists through You Tube & forums such as Soul Source & Hitsville Soul Club.

I am at work shortly but will be looking through all the comments tomorrow, Many Thanks for passing on this news.

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=Vh1W29eHKHM

>>> THE VELVET SATINS - YOU TUBE + COMMENTS = ALL <<<

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Im sure some time ago having a conversation with Tim Ashibendi and had or had seen 11 different designs mind you i might be having a senior moment here

I remember an article some years ago in one of the fanzines or perhaps even Manifesto some years back in which Tim talked about his favourite records. I seem to recall Danny Monday was up there for him but he also talked about an obsession with wanting the Velvet Satins in every format possible - all the original label designs plus all the pressings, boots etc.

Social source share

I remember an article some years ago in one of the fanzines or perhaps even Manifesto some years back in which Tim talked about his favourite records. I seem to recall Danny Monday was up there for him but he also talked about an obsession with wanting the Velvet Satins in every format possible - all the original label designs plus all the pressings, boots etc.

Reading through these posts at the many different designs and label

varations quoted by some,i thought it might be fun if between the

members/collectors on here we could get all the releases of this 45

in it`s various forms up as scans,i`ll kick off with the copy i have,

it`s Bell Sound and Monarch stamped,scratched in ZXSE 12304,

Delta # 56769.

Dave f..........

post-2848-12633110473416_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Reading through these posts at the many different designs and label

varations quoted by some,i thought it might be fun if between the

members/collectors on here we could get all the releases of this 45

in it`s various forms up as scans,i`ll kick off with the copy i have,

it`s Bell Sound and Monarch stamped,scratched in ZXSE 12304,

Delta # 56769.

Dave f..........

Here's My copy Dave

Vinyl "Bell Sound" stamped,scratched in ZXSE 12304 - RE 1D "Nashville Matrix" stamped & scratched in 5

General_American_GA-006b_DJ.gif

Social source share

My original 'red swirl' Bell Sound stamped promo, and the plain 'block' design WD (which I found recently and is for sale!)

Looking forward to seeing a scan of an original yellow label stock copy!

:wicked:

Many Thanks, I Love This Label & Sleeve.

All The Versions Would Be Welcome In Most Collections.

I Have To Give The Label Designer A Mention For That Swirl, On The Label.

(Although Only Suggested On My Copy By Nature Of Where The Writing Is Placed)

Plus The Colour Choice For The Stock Copy, Beautiful.

The Whole Thing When Placed In The Sleeve, Just Awesome.

Not All Designers Took The Same Amount Of Trouble With Their Creation.

The Sleeve, Again Eye Catching Making It A Thing Of Beauty.

When You Look At The Plain Block Design DEMO,

It Is Set Out With Thought Regarding The Impact Of The Credits.

Almost Like The Credits From A Film (Star Wars) IMPACT Visually.

Someone Knew Their Trade Extremely Well In My Opinion.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 3 years later...

:hatsoff2: HI ALL.....THIS IS A GOOD THREAD, However it does not mention the prices of each of the different copies, I am aware it can never be right but a gen idea of cost would be fine.

I have a proper Demo that I got from the person who discovered it in the states in the early 7ts, I wonder who?....yep Mick Smith.

:shhh: DAVE K

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Ah ha... Could explain why Tim was keen to take the block printed version off my hands at a bargain price one Cleethorpes many moons ago. Pottsy's is the business and I've never seen one of these before. Actually got the red swirl variant and oddly enough, it could be bigger than 7 inches as it is a real effort to get it out of the white cardboard sleeve it lives in.

Social source share

• 3 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!