ady croasdell

Charley Wynn Or Jimmy Jules On Jim Gem

The Charley Wynn on Jim Gem has an awesome Northern side to it - 'Action time'...harmonies, brass and key changes reminiscent of a cross between 'Jeanette' meets 'Man Oh Man' in places! Would sound great at a nighter for sure! (The flip, 'Its you I love' is a Deep Soul ballad.)

good.gif

Thanks Lars, they both sound good. Jimmy actually mentioned a different 60s 45 of his on the label, I'll post up the titles when i find my notes. Any chance of scans and the flips too?

Jimmy did have another 45 on Jim Gem but i think it's another 70s recording. He also did an album on the same label as 'Jimmy Jules and the Nuclear Soul System' the b-side of that album is made up of tracks by a girl called Jackie Spencer.

Jimmy did have another 45 on Jim Gem but i think it's another 70s recording. He also did an album on the same label as 'Jimmy Jules and the Nuclear Soul System' the b-side of that album is made up of tracks by a girl called Jackie Spencer.

Thanks, if you know anyone who's got it or the album I'd like to hear them. He lead a group who did a Polydor LP too.

Thanks, if you know anyone who's got it or the album I'd like to hear them. He lead a group who did a Polydor LP too.

I've got a recording of the other 45 on MP3 somewhere, if no one posts it up on here i'll try and find it tonight as it's not on this computer. I'm not set up to do recordings at the moment but if Jimmy needs it i could ask a friend to record the album.

post-1823-12537053608042_thumb.jpg

Hi Ady

There's an excellent Jimmy Jules 45 on a yellow Jim Gem label: "The Same Things That Make You Laugh Will Make You Cry". I don't have a copy but I'm sure someone here will. It's exceptional Northern in the Southern style if that makes any sense.

Hi Ady

There's an excellent Jimmy Jules 45 on a yellow Jim Gem label: "The Same Things That Make You Laugh Will Make You Cry". I don't have a copy but I'm sure someone here will. It's exceptional Northern in the Southern style if that makes any sense.

That's the one he told me about, yes somebody help me out please.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

• 1 posts
    • 180 reads
    • Chris de luen
    • 15 Oct 2017
    • 3 posts
    • 724 reads
    • fourmintsover
    • 14 Mar 2017
    • 1 posts
    • 552 reads
    • Dennisoul
    • 23 Dec 2016
    • 1 posts
    • 757 reads
    • Dennisoul
    • 20 Dec 2016
    • 1 posts
    • 445 reads
    • markw
    • 23 Oct 2016
    • 1 posts
    • 516 reads
    • Bento
    • 25 Jul 2016
    • 4 posts
    • 496 reads
    • corbett80
    • 28 Jun 2016

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.