Ady Croasdell

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Thanks Lars, they both sound good. Jimmy actually mentioned a different 60s 45 of his on the label, I'll post up the titles when i find my notes. Any chance of scans and the flips too?

Jimmy did have another 45 on Jim Gem but i think it's another 70s recording. He also did an album on the same label as 'Jimmy Jules and the Nuclear Soul System' the b-side of that album is made up of tracks by a girl called Jackie Spencer.

Social source share

Jimmy did have another 45 on Jim Gem but i think it's another 70s recording. He also did an album on the same label as 'Jimmy Jules and the Nuclear Soul System' the b-side of that album is made up of tracks by a girl called Jackie Spencer.

Thanks, if you know anyone who's got it or the album I'd like to hear them. He lead a group who did a Polydor LP too.

Social source share

Thanks, if you know anyone who's got it or the album I'd like to hear them. He lead a group who did a Polydor LP too.

I've got a recording of the other 45 on MP3 somewhere, if no one posts it up on here i'll try and find it tonight as it's not on this computer. I'm not set up to do recordings at the moment but if Jimmy needs it i could ask a friend to record the album.

post-1823-12537053608042_thumb.jpg

Social source share

John Ridley's notes on Charley Wynn are here, plus a soundfile of the excellent deep side of his Jim Gem 45. He seems to think that Charley isn't Jimmy:

https://www.sirshambl...harley_wynn.htm

He's right, different geezer but it could well have been cut in Colorado as Jimmy had his whole NOrleans band living and working up there.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!