Few Mp3s

Guest rachel

Guest rachel

Does anyone have mp3s of...

... a couple I've seen on a list, just curious what they're like as don't think I know them - Veltones - I Wanna Know, and the Soul Controllers - I Ain't Lyin'

... Jimmy Ricks - Oh What A Feeling... got this on CD but can't get it to rip to mp3 :wicked: Would be a nice addition to the mp3 player for the long days I'm going to be spending on trains in the near future!! :sleep3:

Thanks,

Rachel

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not really much help Rachel but the Jimmy Ricks track is on Soulclub.org - there is a track by the Veltones on there too 'I Do' - may give you an idea of what they sound like? I've been trying to burn a few tracks from soulclub muself onto cd top takwe on holiday but having problems doing it if anyone has any tips - although most of them are pretty poor sound quality - was told I would need a Soundblaster Live card to download?

Grant

Social source share

Guest rachel

Thanks Grant, it tells you on a topic on here somewhere how to save the Soulclub files, never actually tried it myself.

Social source share

go to the page where the soundfile is

right click and "save the link" to somewhere on your PC you can find it.

Go to the place on your PC where the link is, right click, select "open with" then select "notepad".

A page will open with a URL, copy and paste this URL into your browser hit go and the complete audio file should download to your PC, usually temp folder or if you use firefox whatever folder you have in your settings.

Social source share

Does anyone have mp3s of...

... a couple I've seen on a list, just curious what they're like as don't think I know them - Veltones - I Wanna Know, and the Soul Controllers - I Ain't Lyin'

... Jimmy Ricks - Oh What A Feeling... got this on CD but can't get it to rip to mp3  :D Would be a nice addition to the mp3 player for the long days I'm going to be spending on trains in the near future!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Rachel

link

Hi Rachel,

Jimmy Ricks

Can't help with the other two.

Cheers

Nick

Social source share

Guest rachel

Hi Rachel,

Jimmy Ricks

Can't help with the other two.

Cheers

Nick

link

Thanks Nick... :yes: Just curious about the other two as they're reasonably expensive but fairly sure I've never heard of them :yes:

Social source share

go to the page where the soundfile is

right click and "save the link" to somewhere on your PC you can find it.

Go to the place on your PC where the link is, right click, select "open with" then select "notepad". 

A page will open with a URL, copy and paste this URL into your browser hit go and the complete audio file should download to your PC, usually temp folder or if you use firefox whatever folder you have in your settings.

link

...or just right click the file on soulclub and click 'copy shortcut' :yes: then find temporary internet files and there will be a wav file, ra, wm, mp3, presentation file and probably more. Easy peasy :yes:

Social source share

...or just right click the file on soulclub and click 'copy shortcut' :yes: then find temporary internet files and there will be a wav file, ra, wm, mp3, presentation file and probably more. Easy peasy :yes:

link

not on my PC...just a link. There's no full audio file in temporary internet folder till I copy and paste the Url I got when I opened the link with notepad.

You can also use a program like HIDownload or just simply record it while it's playing.

Social source share

not on my PC...just a link.  There's no full audio file in temporary internet folder till I copy and paste the Url I got when I opened the link with notepad.

You can also use a program like HIDownload or just simply record it while it's playing.

link

chalky, where can one post the URL in order for the right click to with 'notepad' to work? It's no good in word etc and it won't post into Windows Explorer?

Thanks

TTM

Social source share

chalky, where can one post the URL in order for the right click to with 'notepad' to work?  It's no good in word etc and it won't post into Windows Explorer?

Thanks

TTM

link

once the link to the file is on your PC, right click the link and open with notepad. A notepad page should open with the URL. Copy and paste the URL into your web browser address toolbar and then hit go.

Social source share

Can confirm that Chalky's instructions are correct. The first right click on the Soul Club soundfile and "Save Target As" will just download a file of a few bytes. This will be a 'ram' file. It's possible to have this download to the location of your choice on your computer. After you have selected "Save Target As", you will be able to choose where the file goes by fiddling about with the address which you will notice on "Save in".

After you now right click on this file and select "Open With" notebook, and then copy and paste this 'url' into the address bar of your browser and click 'go' , you will end up with the full soundfile of several hundred kilobytes. This will be a 'rm' file.

The 'url' that you paste into your browser address bar will look like this one.

https://the.soulclub.org/sounds/Fantastic_P..._-_Come_Back.rm

If you left click on this right NOW - as if it were in your browser - the Fantastic Puzzles will download to your computer.

Edited by Billy Freemantle
Social source share

Guest uroffal

Thanks Nick...  :huh: Just curious about the other two as they're reasonably expensive but fairly sure I've never heard of them  :huh:

link

There's a real audio file of The Soul Controllers - I Ain't Lyin' on Funk45.com at this URL: https://www.funk45.com/Index.asp?funk=music...rch=1207&cat=id

Can't help with The Veltones, but I'm guessing you get the same mailing list as me.

Social source share

There's a real audio file of The Soul Controllers - I Ain't Lyin' on Funk45.com at this URL: https://www.funk45.com/Index.asp?funk=music...rch=1207&cat=id

Can't help with The Veltones, but I'm guessing you get the same mailing list as me.

link

I'm speculating here, but am I think it could possibly be the same/similar as Sugar Pie DeSanto on Veltone. Would make sense, though am waiting for someone to prove me wrong. the Sugarpie side is great and about £10.

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I'm speculating here, but am I think it could possibly be the same/similar as Sugar Pie DeSanto on Veltone. Would make sense, though am waiting for someone to prove me wrong. the Sugarpie side is great and about £10.

link

If it helps the writing credit on The Veltones is: Charles A. Jones.

Social source share

Guest rachel

link

link

Thanks for the info... Soul Controllers is, well, should be described as funk not soul :ohmy:

Will have a look for the Sugar Pie song Matt :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!