Trev Thomas

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest BrandySistaShirl

i would like to apologise to alex simms for my comments on the manefesto lookbacks thread, my post was over the top & i make no excuses, i was out of order

trev

Realy good of you to say so.

You should get to no Alex better he is a smashing young man.

I would be proud to call him my son and as ive said before his knowledge of music 4 his years is brill.

shirl

Social source share

Soulman 1964, it takes a big man/woman to apologise.thumbsup.gif

Just read the thread and I wish I had of been there! :thumbup:

I am definitely coming to the next one, not for the bun fight but for a music policy that sounds as if it dares to break away from the same record box that is shared by most DJ's up and down the manor, I can't wait, hope its not just another soul night? :unsure:

Our Barney started a thread called "what do we have DJ's for?", not a bad read and one that poses some of the clich problems a small venue has, do they play safe and fill the venue to the rafters with Soulies singing and clapping along to all of their favorites they had just listened to via the CD player on the journey in? Or do they try to select a few DJ's who can give some thing a bit different to the norm, who knows these may become the next big thing? :good:

Yorkshire has always had a mega interest in Northernsoul but this play safe attitude of a beer and a dance is quite new and the play safe soul night is far away from the original concept of rare soul music in the north of England, I think we all need to decide what we want. I kinda suspect that some of the punters are expecting a Derby and Joan type experience rather that the original concept of hearing new music, please please please remember that the hallowed halls of the former glory days served up new and exiting music and any thing that entered into the norm was dropped like a hot potato. :yes:

I am looking forward to this venue because I support Northernsoul in my beloved county, I hope I aint gonna walk into a place with a load of puddings sat with faces like slapped arses waiting for the "Snake". :chinstroke:

Here's a tip, before you go out say to your self that you are going to hear one or two well known's but you are going out there on a Northernsoul adventure to discover new sounds and to have a dance to new and hopefully exiting music, who knows the ear worm may take root and the unknown to you may well become your next bestest ever ever ever fave.

Right can some one sling up the details of the venues location please, I will be coming with out lass from Penniston way, any one want any mutton? Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh :good:

Social source share

Soulman 1964, it takes a big man/woman to apologise.thumbsup.gif

Just read the thread and I wish I had of been there! :thumbup:

I am definitely coming to the next one, not for the bun fight but for a music policy that sounds as if it dares to break away from the same record box that is shared by most DJ's up and down the manor, I can't wait, hope its not just another soul night? :unsure:

Our Barney started a thread called "what do we have DJ's for?", not a bad read and one that poses some of the clich problems a small venue has, do they play safe and fill the venue to the rafters with Soulies singing and clapping along to all of their favorites they had just listened to via the CD player on the journey in? Or do they try to select a few DJ's who can give some thing a bit different to the norm, who knows these may become the next big thing? :good:

Yorkshire has always had a mega interest in Northernsoul but this play safe attitude of a beer and a dance is quite new and the play safe soul night is far away from the original concept of rare soul music in the north of England, I think we all need to decide what we want. I kinda suspect that some of the punters are expecting a Derby and Joan type experience rather that the original concept of hearing new music, please please please remember that the hallowed halls of the former glory days served up new and exiting music and any thing that entered into the norm was dropped like a hot potato. :yes:

I am looking forward to this venue because I support Northernsoul in my beloved county, I hope I aint gonna walk into a place with a load of puddings sat with faces like slapped arses waiting for the "Snake". :chinstroke:

Here's a tip, before you go out say to your self that you are going to hear one or two well known's but you are going out there on a Northernsoul adventure to discover new sounds and to have a dance to new and hopefully exiting music, who knows the ear worm may take root and the unknown to you may well become your next bestest ever ever ever fave.

Right can some one sling up the details of the venues location please, I will be coming with out lass from Penniston way, any one want any mutton? Bahhhhhhhhhhhhh :good:

here you are https://www.freewebs.com/manifestosoulclub/ .

Recon you'd also like York Soul Club www.yorksoulclub.com thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!