Northern Soul Films

Steve G

What's happened with this or these?

Last year there was a thread about a NS film, dancers went off to film in Stoke etc.

Winstanley was involved as I recall as the slightly shady pot bellied 50 something DJ at this trendy 70s allnighter, and some people were slagging it off before they saw even it etc etc.

Did the film ever come out? Did Russ ever get involved in another film or did I just dream that?

Not trying to start another war :unsure: just curious as to what happened?

Anyone know?

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was thinking the same a few weeks ago.

According to the website it's still in production and the title is now SoulBoy.

https://www.ipsofactofilms.com/films/soulboy.html

Last year there was a thread about a NS film, dancers went off to film in Stoke etc.

Winstanley was involved as I recall as the slightly shady pot bellied 50 something DJ at this trendy 70s allnighter, and some people were slagging it off before they saw even it etc etc.

Did the film ever come out? Did Russ ever get involved in another film or did I just dream that?

Not trying to start another war shades.gif just curious as to what happened?

Anyone know?

Social source share

Anyone know?

Russ didnt get involved in the end, in any way shape or form.

A few peeps from the scene were involved as extras - some more than others, and DJ's like Dave Evison were contacted for advisory info etc.

Not sure on progress on the film im afraid but there has been test screenings. I went to one in Manchester.

Keeping strictly to to the thread (as there was one recently which went off topic and turned into 'another war'), that's all i know for now Steve i'm afraid.

Sorry, just realised that was meaningless info!!

Arron

Social source share

Russ didnt get involved in the end, in any way shape or form.

A few peeps from the scene were involved as extras - some more than others, and DJ's like Dave Evison were contacted for advisory info etc.

Not sure on progress on the film im afraid but there has been test screenings. I went to one in Manchester.

Keeping strictly to to the thread (as there was one recently which went off topic and turned into 'another war'), that's all i know for now Steve i'm afraid.

Sorry, just realised that was meaningless info!!

Arron

was the film any good arron?
Social source share

Anyone know?

Social source share

Anyone know?

i believe its gone back to the drawing board,taking lots of people comments seriously,spring 2010 might come to mind maybe,Billy.

Social source share

:boxing: I SHOT 3 SPOOLS OF SUPER 8, ON THE NIGHT THEY DID THE GRANADA "ENGALAND" STUF,I NO ITS AN OLD STORY BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT AS THE FILM AND CAMARA BELONG TO TOM H. A GOOD MATE OF TAFFY AND ALL THE NORTH HEATS BEDFORD AND CAMBRIDGE PEOPLE, WHY DOES HE NOT CASH IN ON IT ALL THESE YEARS LATER AS ITS EXCLUSIVE.

:ph34r: DAVE THE DIRECTOR

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!