Dewsbury Town Hall

Guest mysticwendy

Guest mysticwendy

Just got back from the first event at Dewsbury town hall , not bad for a first one......expected less people there being the last sat of the month... a cpl of self indulgent djs playing to a empty dance floor a lot........but some good tunes all in all.......will deffo go again!wish the bar sold draft lager tho' and you didn't have to use plastic beakers , the town hall does smell mouldy but other than that an excellent slippy dance floor , no talc needed!

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

We tried Dewsbury town hall last night.The venue is top notch with a great floor and we enjoyed the night and will deffo come again.Only advice from me would be to ditch the rare room and be brave enough to play some underplayed uptempo stuff in the main room,think the crowd can take it lots of hard core soulies were in with only a few handbaggers that would dance to anything anyway.All in all a welcome addition to the Yorkshire soul scene hope it stays the course

Good advice from both. Thanks to all who turned up

For the next one we will ditch the rare room as a separate room and make it across the board in the main room.

Given all that was on elsewhere it was a good turnout. I won't know exact numers until next week when the council give the sales figures but I was very pleased overall

Cheers

Phil

Good advice from both. Thanks to all who turned up

For the next one we will ditch the rare room as a separate room and make it across the board in the main room.

Given all that was on elsewhere it was a good turnout. I won't know exact numers until next week when the council give the sales figures but I was very pleased overall

Cheers

Phil

I"ll tell you what though Phil that floor was well slippy no need for talc as i almost slipped just walking acrross the room,yes deffo loose the rare room and stick with your next plan all in all had a good nite would like to hear some 70"s and crossover stuff next time and really mix it up in the main room as you do.

Thanks again

Malc

I"ll tell you what though Phil that floor was well slippy no need for talc as i almost slipped just walking acrross the room,yes deffo loose the rare room and stick with your next plan all in all had a good nite would like to hear some 70"s and crossover stuff next time and really mix it up in the main room as you do.

Thanks again

Malc

Yep. All taken on board and a few tweaks for next time.

Cheers

Phil

Guest mysticwendy

Yep. All taken on board and a few tweaks for next time.

Cheers

Phil

Would deffo like some 70's and crossover ( and I hope you wasn't classing me has an handbagger( although I don't see what is wrong with them... we can't all like the same or we would be all bah-ing)........soul is soul.......my friend wanted some motown has promised too......... I agree loose the upstairs room with the plastic table cloth acting as a dance floor... will be more next time , because I have told all my friends.......is it once a month now??

Guest sarahleen

this is one to watch .

fantastic venue , great music , particulally liked gibbys spot .

just one little thing . great dancefloor but spotlights under balconey at the back were little bit bright .

well recomended deffo coming back :thumbup:

this is one to watch .

fantastic venue , great music , particulally liked gibbys spot .

just one little thing . great dancefloor but spotlights under balconey at the back were little bit bright .

well recomended deffo coming back thumbup.gif

Next tiome we'll take out two of the bulbs, so it won't be a problem thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Phil

Source Advert