Riversidesoul (Gloucester) 26Th September

Mike E

With so much going on everywhere We were amazed at the turnout with numbers well up on the last couple of Soul nights. Lots of new faces and old ones re-appearing as well as the loyal faithful crowd. :thumbup:

The notion of the residents playing 2 sets worked well IMO, with Sue , Des and I able to play some of the more underplayed stuff early doors. Seans set was , as usual, top drawer. Jo Jama, Elipsis, Pyramid, Rita and the Tiarias to name many. Thanks Des for Lenny Williams to which I am now the proud owner. Dance floor busy and lots of foot tappers which is IMO as much satisfying from the decks.:thumbup:

Thanks to the faithful for continuing to support us and hope to see the many new faces back for the next one on November 14th.

Mike

Edited by Mike E
  • Replies 6
  • Views 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Tamlasue

Not sure where everyone turned up from but it made for a great nightthumbup.gif

Photos from the night will be sent over to Mike shortly to be put on the website for all to see with a big thanks to those that had birthdays last night and chose to celebrate them at the club

Great tunes played throughout the night by all

Sue

Not sure where everyone turned up from but it made for a great night:thumbup:

Photos from the night will be sent over to Mike shortly to be put on the website for all to see with a big thanks to those that had birthdays last night and chose to celebrate them at the club

Great tunes played throughout the night by all

Sue

You right Sue, amazing about the sudden surge 10'ish.By all accounts a well known soulie in the area had decided to run a soul nite at a local rugby club , literally across the road from Riverside and which was kept from the likes of us. As they say, facts speak for themselves. Great sets by the way from your good self. Thanks for your support and Martins too. :thumbup:

Edited by Mike E

Considering how a lot of very credible venues are suffering with numbers at the moment, I was peasantly surprised by the excellent turnout, and "buzzing" atmosphere on Saturday night. Excellent, well thought out & exciting Northern, all night!!!!!

Des Parker

I agree Des and considering that we not pound the sites with trivia, very credible turn out indeed. thumbup.gif

glare.gif Not doing a playlist but here are a few tunes I played

Partnership Not for love Nor Money. MGM

Fabulous Four If i knew. Peak

Marvin Gaye. Hanging on. Unissed acetape

The Four Pros Everybodys got soul. Carla

Buddy Lamp My Tears. Double L

Calvin Arnold. Lovely way to go. Venture

The masked man and the Agents. Iwould'nt come back. Dynamo.

Georgie Fame. Daylight. Island 12" Demo.

Rest were such tracks as Satisfactions, Virgil Henry, Garland Green, Carstairs, Four Tracks, hank Jacobs, Lorraine Chandler(what can I do),T.J. Williams, Bonnie Herman, King Soloman, Harvey plus more

Des beat me to Joe Hinton