Mike

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Mike,

Front part of site??home page??,its probably me having a senior moment but i can't find the submit news/front page link, can you help???i've been trying to post the Greatstone on front page news for the past week, i have managed to do it in the past, with the help of John May, but he can't help me on this one, all the info is in the calender, but i can't move it.Please advise....many thanks

P.S.I hope you can make the Greatstone real soon.....

regards Tony

Edited by Tony Jackson
Social source share

Hi Guys,

Front part of site??home page??,its probably me having a senior moment but i can't find the submit news/front page link, can you help???i've been trying to post the Greatstone on front page news for the past week, i have managed to do it in the past, with the help of John May, but he can't help me on this one, all the info is in the calender, but i can't move it.Please advise....many thanks

regards Tony

link

Tony

Its the new system,

If goto front page and look on right hand side

if you see username and the password box

it means not logged into the main part - and so can't submit

try loging in with your normal soul source name and password there

and all being well when the page reloads there should be a dirty great "submit news" link

hit that and away you go ..... hopefully :yes:

it is a bit more complex at moment - but work is ongoing to improve this

hope helps

if no joy, drop us a email

mike

Social source share

Hi Mike,

I think i have managed to put in the post, by cutting and pasting from the calender, i'm not sure if i save it right at the end though, it kept asking to select an image, which i did, but then what should i have done?, how long does it take to appear on the event news page?.....sorry to be a pain in the a£$%!!!, i definitelty owe you a beer when i see you......Thanks..... Tony

Tony

Its the new system,

If goto front page and look on right hand side

if you see username and the password box

it means not logged into the main part - and so can't submit

try loging in with your normal soul source name and password there

and all being well when the page reloads there should be a dirty great "submit news" link

hit that and away you go ..... hopefully :yes:

it is a bit more complex at moment - but work is ongoing to improve this

hope helps

if no joy, drop us a email

mike

link

Edited by Tony Jackson
Social source share

you got it up and at them Tony

forgot to mention it wont appear instantly!

sorry about that :yes:

its a security sort of measure

anyway good to see it works ok

quick one -

have had people asking about " Frontpage Soul Source News and Articles" feature on front of site and how it works

Basically idea is to spotlight on all the content in news/articles that cover whole spectrum of site

Time allowing will change/rotate regularly to offer a quick look at latest and worthwhile stuff both news and articles wise

Of course for stuff to be featured it has to be submitted, and while site does add stuff, the time factor comes into play at times

Anyway, still some work outstanding on this feature but do ask if do have any questions/queries on this or any part of soul source just shout them up via forum (or pm if prefer) and site be more than happy to answer

ta

mike

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

just a reminder that if want stuff featured on the front page you must use the link on front page

this section is just for comments on the Front Page articles

any fresh posts that are not comments on front page articles will be moved to correct section

ta

mike

Social source share

just a reminder that if want stuff featured on the front page you must use the link on front page

this section is just for comments on the Front Page articles

any fresh posts that are not comments on  front page articles will be moved to correct section

ta

mike

link

moved all recent fresh posts here to correct sections

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert