• Replies 25
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Tim,

Chess did release this (SV001) but it had The Dells on the B side. So it looks like it a matter of hunting a copy down my friend. Good luck

Stebbo

thumbsup.gif

Hi Stebbo

Thanks for the info, but do you mean 'Sweeter Than The Day Before' or 'Lets Get Together'? That SV001 seems a strange number, is it a 60's issue and do you know what Dells track is was?

Apologies for all the questions.

TTM

Social source share

Hi Stebbo

Thanks for the info, but do you mean 'Sweeter Than The Day Before' or 'Lets Get Together'? That SV001 seems a strange number, is it a 60's issue and do you know what Dells track is was?

Apologies for all the questions.

TTM

Ah found it!

CHESS SV001

THE VALENTINOS - SWEETER THAN THE DAY BEFORE

THE DELLS - THINKIN ABOUT YOU

£8.99

Unfortunately not the Valentinos track I what so I'll have to play it from the '84 reissue lp until I can afford it!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

No, it's the the original flipside to "Sweeter Than The Day Before" called "Let's Get Together" that is wanted. A pounding uptempo tune that is begging for some spins, but probably gets over shadowed by its popular A-side.

Well said Sebastian

I mentioned this record to a dj who was playing the "sweeter " side ,he'd owned the record for 20+ yrs and never knew the class flip side :ohmy:

And to this day i have never heard it played out in a venue yet:no:

Absolutely fantastic dancer ,and i mean in the big room venues:wink:

Just wonder how many dj's sold thier copies because sweeter became an overplayed oldie :chinstroke:

Social source share

chess did do a few one sided demos for some things though

Did they produce both Single Sided & Double Sided for the same release number.

I have a one Sided CHESS 1967

Chess_1967a_DJ-1.gif

I had it a while before noticing the For Promotional Use Only Not For Sale D J Copies Hidden,

almost like a Silver Watermark through the whole of the White Paper Label.

Chess_1967a_DJ_800.gif

I have checked my other CHESS White DEMO's and this is the only one with the Watermark. I have had a Look on Popsike.com Yet another Single Sided White DEMO CHESS 1976 with the Watermark (Albeit Upside Down)

Popsike.com

4749987808.jpg

Chess 1976 (one-sided DJ copy), JOHNNY WILLIAMS, "My Baby's Good".

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Well said Sebastian

I mentioned this record to a dj who was playing the "sweeter " side ,he'd owned the record for 20+ yrs and never knew the class flip side ohmy.gif

And to this day i have never heard it played out in a venue yetno.gif

Absolutely fantastic dancer ,and i mean in the big room venueswink.gif

Just wonder how many dj's sold thier copies because sweeter became an overplayed oldie g.gif

It got played out at the French weekender last Friday night good.gif

Social source share

No, it's the the original flipside to "Sweeter Than The Day Before" called "Let's Get Together" that is wanted. A pounding uptempo tune that is begging for some spins, but probably gets over shadowed by its popular A-side.

This side, "Let's Get Together", is a real nice tune with a deep southern feel to it with great horns and a driving beat. Seems to me to be the kind of record that would appeal at the moment with it's funkier edge.

Taken the liberty of posting up your refo clip from a couple of years back Sebastian!

Valentinos - Let's Get Together -

Social source share

This side, "Let's Get Together", is a real nice tune with a deep southern feel to it with great horns and a driving beat. Seems to me to be the kind of record that would appeal at the moment with it's funkier edge.

Taken the liberty of posting up your refo clip from a couple of years back Sebastian!

Valentinos - Let's Get Together -

Thanks, saved me digging my copy out.

To be honest (not rude!) I thought it sounded like Van Morrison with a half decent backing track.

Maybe it will grow on me!

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

• 10 years later...
19 hours ago, Athleticsdad said:

Has anyone seen this label variation before? I just bought it and expected to see the normal layout but this ticks all the boxes as an original but a new one on me.  Can anyone shed any light?

Cheers

Rod

88F804FF-BBA0-4D71-8CFF-DC393787CE08.jpeg

That's a rare variation. Looks like a Monarch pressed (vinyl?) west coast variant. Does it have a delta matrix number in the run-out grooves?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!