soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest stonedsoul

you'll have better luck tracking down a copy on paula, if your looking for an original pressing i believe the record first came out on mjc, the forte pressing seems to be pretty scarce, i don't believe quantity of this tune ever surfaced with the rest of the forte stock, anyway good luck

Social source share

Cheers.

This is the only 45 I'm missing from the Forte catalog. I actually had the original on MJC, but it was pretty rough, so I sold it on (about $75 even though it was battered).

I know Manship had the Forte 45 a few months ago, but when I went to check, someone had bought it.

Oh well, I'll keep looking!

Many thanks.

Social source share

Cheers.

This is the only 45 I'm missing from the Forte catalog. I actually had the original on MJC, but it was pretty rough, so I sold it on (about $75 even though it was battered).

I know Manship had the Forte 45 a few months ago, but when I went to check, someone had bought it.

Oh well, I'll keep looking!

Many thanks.

Looks like there's another on Manship's site https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/134757/CHACHERE,_L.

Social source share

Does anyone have a Forte discography? I used to have one years ago, but the link is dead.

Thank you!

Partly from here:

https://www.raresoulforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=8200

And partly form the R&B Indies:

105/ 6 The Rayons "Baby Be Good/ You Confuse Me Baby"

107/ 8 Lee Harris "Skate Boogaloo And Karate Too/ I've Got To Have Somebody's Love"

1001 Full Flavor - A love song/Meet me in Chicago

2021 Aardvarks - Let's move together/Cherrie, can't you tell

3563 Gene Williams "Whatever You Do (Do It Good) live/ Don't Let Your Love Fade Away"

5015 Marva W. Taylor "Hey you and you and you and/ Nothing I'd Rather Be (Than Your Weakness)"

700 Louis Chachere "The Hen/ Pt. 2"

1105 The Four Darlings "Give Me Love/ Baby Your Love Is Amazing"

1106 Tony Ashley and the Delicates "All Along I've Loved You/ I'll Never Be Satisfied"

1107 Fabulous Rhythm Makers "Ya Gotta Be Doing It/ Mini Mini Afro Twist"

1108 The Fantasticks "Live And Let Live/ Cry Night And Day" (pink label)

1108 The Fantasticks "Live And Let Live/ Cry Night And Day" (red label, alternate mix)

1110 Lee Harris "I'm Gonna Get Your Thing/ Don't Let Your Love Fade Away"

1111 Gene Williams "Whatever You Do (Do It Good)/ Don't Let Your Love Fade Away"

1114 Lee Harris "Everybody Groove With A New Bag/ I've Got To Have Somebody"

1114/ 5 Marva Whitney "Daddy Don't Know About Sugar Bear/ We Need More (But Somebody Gotta Sacrifice)"

1115 Marva W. Taylor "I've Lived The Life/ Nothing I'd Rather Be (Than Your Weakness)"

1117 Marva and Melvin "All Alone I've Loved You/ (Get Ready For) The Changes"

12962 Everyday People "Everyday People/ Super Black"

6045 MWT Express feat. Marva Taylor "I've Lived The Life/ Nothing I'd Rather Be (Than Your Weakness)"

2001 Sharon Revoal "Run Between The Raindrops/ Reaching For Our Star" 1980

2100 James Whitney "With Fun In My Life/ I Still Love You The Same Way" 1980

3001 Frederick - Red pier/Five o'clock traffic

Social source share

Guest stonedsoul

that aardvarks and full flavor is a different forte label, never heard of frederick either, that could possibly be a different forte label as well

Social source share

Guest laplanetesauvage

that aardvarks and full flavor is a different forte label, never heard of frederick either, that could possibly be a different forte label as well

aadvarks and the frederic are both psych / garage so could be on the samew (but different from this) forte label. Red FORTE label on the FREDERIC 45 atleast

Social source share

aadvarks and the frederic are both psych / garage so could be on the samew (but different from this) forte label. Red FORTE label on the FREDERIC 45 atleast

The Forte label for the Frederick and Aardvarks 45s is from central/western Michigan. NOT the KC Forte label. The MI Forte label is related to the famous Fenton label and Great Lakes Recording in Grand Rapids. Of the posted disography, these two are the only ones I recognize as being from MI, but there may be others.

Social source share