Eddie Holman I Surrender/the Litter

Sheldonsoul

My mate had a copy of a record on abc probe by the litter back in the early 80s great tune , remember taking it to i think it was nottingham palis soul sam was on the decks showed him the record and he actually played it there and then he had never heard it before and it went down quite well so much sam offered to purchuse the record from my mate a few years later the eddie holman i surrender became well know but is the exact same record as the one sam played except on my mates copy the artists were a group called the litter!. never to this day have found any info on this mystery was my mates copy a misprinted label or something,is there a link between the litter and eddie holman any info please:chinstroke:

Edited by sheldonsoul
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

is there a link between the litter and eddie holman any info please:chinstroke:

The Litter was a garage rock / psych band (most famous for the magnificent "Action Woman":

, in fact their entire "Distortions" LP is fantastic).

They released a bunch of 45s and LPs on the ABC distributed PROBE label in 1968 and 1969.

Eddie Holman's "I Surrender" on ABC is from 1968, so perhaps there was some kind of mix-up at the pressing plant at the point of printing the labels?

It would surprise me if The Litter and Eddie Holman had anything else in common than being signed to the same family of labels.

Social source share

The Litter was a garage rock / psych band (most famous for the magnificent "Action Woman":

, in fact their entire "Distortions" LP is fantastic).

They released a bunch of 45s and LPs on the ABC distributed PROBE label in 1968 and 1969.

Eddie Holman's "I Surrender" on ABC is from 1968, so perhaps there was some kind of mix-up at the pressing plant at the point of printing the labels?

It would surprise me if The Litter and Eddie Holman had anything else in common than being signed to the same family of labels.

still found it strange that sam or anybody else had never heard of it back then when did i surrender emerge on the scene ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!