New Sounds - Don't Take Your Love

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 29
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I know I use them for a lot of unreleased stuff. They're fab and turnover is superb ph34r.gif .....but as it ain't unreleased I won't settle until I've got it on P-Vine or Turbo I'm afraid.....

link

If you did not know already there`s a Version on the Lp of,

"Sweet Memories" as "Robert Tanner" was one of the lead singers of

"The New Sound" group :rolleyes:

Dave f............

Social source share

If you did not know already there`s a Version on the Lp of,

"Sweet Memories" as "Robert Tanner" was one of the lead singers of

"The New Sound" group

Your Joking, so thats the same as Sweet Memories - Robert Tanner / Megaton??

Wow..I was looking to hear that track and now I know why..you live and learn..

Have both Billy, but the P-Vine copy is in the Uk, I'm in sydney.. If you can wait till Nov I'd sell it..The Turbo copy I'd never sell..

Mal.C. :ohmy:

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Robert Tanner does indeed sing lead on the New Sound LP version of "Sweet Memories", another guy on "Don't Take Your Love" though. P-Vine is a resiiue or boot. I don't think Andy Dyson has the album anymore, seem to recall he said he sold it. May be wrong though. He plays "Don't Take Your Love" from a dubplate or something. The Turbo LP is hardly playable out in aclub anyway due to the extremely high low bass and messed up mastering. Just forget the LP and buy something else is my advice. The New Sound apparently never called themselves the New Sound, that was a name George Kerr came up with.

Social source share

The group recorded all the songs themselves, gave tapes to George Kerr but no deal was ever struck. Despite of this George Kerr made a deal with All Platinum/Turbo behind their backs and the LP was pressed up, but was never officially released by all accounts. The group never got any money from anyone. George Kerr apparently added his own name to all the songs with BMI too. This is according to an interview Greg Tormo did with someone from the band and that was published in Shades Of Soul. The groups was known as The Jivers at one point.

Social source share

The track is on a compilation I did called "Flying High- The Modern End Of Northern Soul" after being turned on to it by Mr Fonzues. The version on that CD was cleaned up considerably in the studio from original vinyl (no tapes) and I think its the best quality you'll get. So if the P-Vine is a boot (I dunno) the only legal copies are the Turbo album and the CD.

There was a plan to release it legally on a 45, but the company that issued the CD decided not to because the consultants didn't think it would sell.

Edited by Simon White
Social source share

Guest indiana45s

The group recorded all the songs themselves, gave tapes to George Kerr but no deal was ever struck. Despite of this George Kerr made a deal with All Platinum/Turbo behind their backs and the LP was pressed up, but was never officially released by all accounts. The group never got any money from anyone. George Kerr apparently added his own name to all the songs with BMI too. This is according to an interview Greg Tormo did with someone from the band and that was published in Shades Of Soul. The groups was known as The Jivers at one point.

link

I bought this album recently and really like it a lot but I have no idea what it is worth... Anyone want to help me? What does this album sell for in the UK?

Social source share

The track is on a compilation I did called "Flying High- The Modern End Of Northern Soul" after being turned on to it by Mr Fonzues. The version on that CD was cleaned up considerably in the studio from original vinyl (no tapes) and I think its the best quality you'll get. So if the P-Vine is a boot (I dunno) the only legal copies are the Turbo album and the CD.

There was a plan to release it legally on a 45, but the company that issued the CD decided not to because the consultants didn't think it would sell.

link

"Mr Fonzeus" got it from me, he recorded my original album.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

link

I have a remixed copy of the track on CD, always wondered about cutting it as it sounds better than the LP but somehow didn't think it was right thing to do (perversely I would probably feel alright about it if I had the LP, did that with another LP track, OV Wright, forget the track title, as that needed the bass bringing up, luckily someone else had already done that and lent me his remix). Interesting moral quandry, but think I'll leave it.

Isn't P-Vine a legit Japanese reissue label from the same family as Ace?

Social source share

link

The one used for the CD came from the P Vine album. I first heard it via Sebastian. There was a plan to reissue it on a 45-they didn't want to but I was going to do it - legally- myself but thefinancial risk is something I didn't want to sustain personally. Anyone got a spare grand ? :shades:

Social source share

Robert Tanner does indeed sing lead on the New Sound LP version of "Sweet Memories", another guy on "Don't Take Your Love" though. P-Vine is a resiiue or boot. I don't think Andy Dyson has the album anymore, seem to recall he said he sold it. May be wrong though. He plays "Don't Take Your Love" from a dubplate or something. The Turbo LP is hardly playable out in aclub anyway due to the extremely high low bass and messed up mastering. Just forget the LP and buy something else is my advice. The New Sound apparently never called themselves the New Sound, that was a name George Kerr came up with.

link

when i first played the " don't " track some 20 years ago it was of a 7" dub for 2 reasons firstly the sound quality and 2 i don't play albums ,i still got the turbo lp and some p vines and the dub i got cut at the time, covered it up as darrell banks at the time dearlove,browny jan barker,goucher none of the premier knowledges on soul music had a clue what it was , infact i put them out of their misery on the night if me memory serves me right - have played it on and off ever since. still sounds as fresh and truly premier division to this day in my unproffesional opinion....

Social source share

when i first played the " don't " track some 20 years ago it was of a 7" dub for 2 reasons firstly the sound quality and 2 i don't play albums ,i still got the turbo lp and some p vines and the dub i got cut at the time, covered it up as darrell banks at the time dearlove,browny jan barker,goucher none of the premier knowledges on soul music had a clue what it was , infact i put them out of their misery on the night if me memory serves me right - have played it on and off ever since. still  sounds as fresh and truly premier division to this day in my unproffesional opinion....

link

Hi Andy,

Andy Mann here mate, i remember you playing this at the hoist suite in doncaster, back in the day early 90's, remember thinking bloody hell what a voice, great record that has never really took off,apart from a few little dos hear and there, going back to those short lived dos in doncaster they were great and still miss them i know jim does also, used to love travelling up and having a laugh having a few to drink and listening to great soul records, remember you playing herman hitson "its better to have loved" the better side to "yes you did" imho also brownie playing steeplechase first time i ever heard that.

Anyway Andy hope your keeping well mate hope to see you soon somewhere.

best andy

:)

Social source share

Hi Andy,

Andy Mann here mate, i remember you playing this at the hoist suite in doncaster, back in the day early 90's, remember thinking bloody hell what a voice, great record that has never really took off,apart from a few little dos hear and there, going back to those short lived dos in doncaster they were great and still miss them i know jim does also, used to love travelling up and having a laugh having a few to drink and listening to great soul records, remember you playing herman hitson "its better to have loved" the better side to "yes you did" imho also brownie playing steeplechase first time i ever heard that.

best andy

link

Social source share

Andy thanks for that and your support all those years ago - it was always appreciated ,in those days people would travel to the ends of the earth for the right music ,we even had dave godin on dj'ing ! joseph websters down to deep ballads were played , many things that probably haven't been played since !

send my best to jim one of the unsung heroes of soul music - see ya soon andy.

Social source share

Hi Andy,

best andy

link

That Steeplechase is brilliant on your CD Andy , Dean Parrish on lead isn't it ? Best Wishes ,Eddie .

Social source share

That Steeplechase is brilliant on your CD Andy , Dean Parrish on lead isn't it ? Best Wishes ,Eddie .

link

Hi Eddie,

Yes your right Dean Parrish is on lead vocals, had this on a 45 demo on polydor and then got a issue of it and is a slightly different mix to the demo, don't know if it's the same mix to the lp or not, anyway great record.

soulfully yours

andy :)

Social source share