Northern Soul, Birmingham 24Th October

NORTHERN SOUL @ The Coach Hotel

150 High Street

Coleshill

Birmingham B46 3BG (5 mins from Junction 4 off the M6)

PLAYING NORTHERN & RARE SOUL FROM THE 60's & 70's

SATURDAY 24th OCTOBER, 7.30 - 12.30am, 3.50 Entrance.

THIS MONTHS GUEST D.J : MARTYN BRADLEY

WITH SUPPORT FROM CARL, TAF, ADE, JANE & TRACE.

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME.

Edited by shaunthesheep
  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SoulRenaissance

Here's 2 pics of the venue.

nice size dance floor, plenty of seating and it is a seperate building behind the Hotel.

post-9258-1254757109342_thumb.jpg

post-9258-12547571330457_thumb.jpg

Looks like a decent room, fitting for a rare soul night.

Guest SoulRenaissance

Looks like a decent room, fitting for a rare soul night.

Should be a crackin' weekend in the second city, what with Sunflower on Friday, and Coleshill on Saturday. Roll on!

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

I went to school in coleshill, talk about a souless town!I was the only soul lover for miles. the coach is a great venue , count me and sandra in.

Nearest abiding memory of Coleshill soulwise, (apart from passing through on many occasions, and working there). Was one night when me and Kev Spittle returning from a do in Northampton late at night. Low on fuel, we were looking for a petrol station and ended driving all round the town. We headed towards Brum. Just as we were crossing the bridge between the two, and conked out. I remember Kev walked for miles while i watched the car.

All ended well, but a lesson not to break down miles from anywhere.

Make sure the tanks filled.

Martyn

Nearest abiding memory of Coleshill soulwise, (apart from passing through on many occasions, and working there). Was one night when me and Kev Spittle returning from a do in Northampton late at night. Low on fuel, we were looking for a petrol station and ended driving all round the town. We headed towards Brum. Just as we were crossing the bridge between the two, and conked out. I remember Kev walked for miles while i watched the car.

All ended well, but a lesson not to break down miles from anywhere.

Make sure the tanks filled.

Martyn

Bloody Hell, you make it sound like its on the dark side of the moon! Its very easy to find and about 10 minutes from Brum city centre.

Taf.

Guest SoulRenaissance

It was that night, no fuel and not a friend in sight. Although a squad car arrived later and kindly asked if they could help, by this time though Kev had returned with some fuel. But hey, found Coleshill to be a very nice place with excellent views across fields and the like when i was working there.

By the time of the 24th i think that'll all be forgotten, with the potential for having a good time the main concern.

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

NORTHERN SOUL @ The Coach House

150 High Street

Coleshill

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME.

Two weeks to go now. Should be a good warm up for anyone going to any niters on, for getting them in the mood.

Guest SoulRenaissance

Sounds like a good day out,

Lunchtime at Molineux thrashing the Dingles tongue.gif and soul in the evening!

I'll be there!

Tim

As the Wolves are due a win, and the Villa played pretty well against City the other night, could be anybody's game Tim.

Martyn

I'm hoping Wolves win next week instead, don't want to spoil my day!biggrin.gif

I'll take a draw if it's a great night out!

Atb Tim

Hello Tim,

Glad you've found us again. Looking forward to seeing you, it's been a while.

Are you travelling back home after the game? if not, your welcome to come to ours first.

See you in 2 weeksthumbup.gif

Jane

Guest SoulRenaissance

I'm hoping Wolves win next week instead, don't want to spoil my day!biggrin.gif

I'll take a draw if it's a great night out!

Atb Tim

Someone said somewhere along the line, that they look at each soul event as though it were their last. Go with an open mind, and make of it what you will.

After years on the scene, on a personal level i feel it's important to stay chilled about the whole thing, but at the same time enjoy the moment.

Savour it for what it is, than what you think it's gonna be.

Confused?

Nah, really looking forward to the weekend in question.

Guest SoulRenaissance

150 High Street

Coleshill

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME.

With no other event on in the West Midlands on this night, and only niters at Crewe and Stoke. Who's coming to this?

With no other event on in the West Midlands on this night, and only niters at Crewe and Stoke. Who's coming to this?

Just about recovered from the weekend, great oldies night at Nuneaton Co-op. Spoke to Carl and i know he's having trouble with his computer but he told me he's well "UP FOR IT" on the 24th. Like you said Martyn theres not much else on in the W/Mids so we're hoping to get a few in. Whatever happens, i know we'll have a good timethumbup.gif . By the way Carl, if you are reading this, have you finnished that pizza yet?tongue.gif

Taf

Guest SoulRenaissance

Just about recovered from the weekend, great oldies night at Nuneaton Co-op. Spoke to Carl and i know he's having trouble with his computer but he told me he's well "UP FOR IT" on the 24th. Like you said Martyn theres not much else on in the W/Mids so we're hoping to get a few in. Whatever happens, i know we'll have a good timethumbup.gif . By the way Carl, if you are reading this, have you finnished that pizza yet?tongue.gif

Taf

Heard it was a good night at the Co-op according to all reports.

Guest SoulRenaissance

Taf

Looks like pushing the boat out musically here: some you know, some you don't seems to work well for me. But we'll have to wait and see?

I'm getting a bit nervous now, have you ever gone through your records and thought "Bugger, i haven't any decent records!!!!"huh.gif

Taf.

Due to unforseen circumstances, Ade & Trace cant make it on the 24thsad.gif so we will be getting another d.j. to fill in for them. Other than that slight hiccup everything else is hunkey dorey and its looking like its gonna be a good nightthumbup.gif

Taf

150 High Street

Coleshill

RECORD DEALERS WELCOME.

Only 1 week to go now folks.thumbup.gif

Okay I'm back!!! computer trouble now sorted (for awhile anyway) only 5 days to go till me,taf an jayne are back behind the decks @ the Coach House in Coleshill. Can't wait, looks to be a cracking nite with lots of regulars on the scene joining us on our debut nite at this new venue. Wot a line-up we've got, our 1st guest Mr Martyn Bradley and a added bonus Larry from Bishops Wood steppin in to help out. so see you all on saturday ATB carl

Okay I'm back!!! computer trouble now sorted (for awhile anyway) only 5 days to go till me,taf an jayne are back behind the decks @ the Coach House in Coleshill. Can't wait, looks to be a cracking nite with lots of regulars on the scene joining us on our debut nite at this new venue. Wot a line-up we've got, our 1st guest Mr Martyn Bradley and a added bonus Larry from Bishops Wood steppin in to help out. so see you all on saturday ATB carl

Thats great news Carl, 2 top d.j's on our opening night and all for only £3.50 entrancethumbup.gif (shameless plug).

Taf

Looking forward to this and glad you have found another venue after Minworth. Seen the pics and the place looks good with nice dance floor, well worth a travel over and for £3.50 entrance fee should be a excellent first night.

Hello Larry,thumbup.gif

It's a great place, seperate from the hotel good size dance floor, and what more can we ask for. Sorting records out to play and sell. Records dealers are very welcome.

So only 2 days to go for our 1st night at coleshill.

See you all very soon

Jane xyes.gif

Good luck for tonight guys sorry we can't make it down this time but I know your in good hands with Martyn dj'ing.

See you all soon.

Sharon & Kev

Thanks Sharon & Kev,

We're really looking forward to hear what Martyn has got in his box and our other guest Larry MC.

Have a good'un.thumbup.gif

Jane & Taf

Edited by shaunthesheep