• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

West Coast issue?

or later in the decade reissue?

Probably £15 tops then.

Does it exist on an orange label MINIT issue?

The only orange copies I've seen of this have been reissues on the BANDY label.

The black label copies of "Fortune Teller" is the original issue as far as I know, but this 45 was pressed at several different plants at the same time. Here are two of them:

270277159361.jpg

Benny%2BSpellman%2B-%2BFortune%2BTeller.jpg

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Does it exist on an orange label MINIT issue?

The only orange copies I've seen of this have been reissues on the BANDY label.

The black label copies of "Fortune Teller" is the original issue as far as I know, but this 45 was pressed at several different plants at the same time.

I *think* my copy is on an orange Minit label, but I don't know where it is...

Always assumed it was the first press.

Think I've got an Aaron Neville on the orange label as well, but again don't have it in front of me to confirm.

Definately not the Bandy label though....

Social source share

Never new it was reissued my self, just thought it was a common 45, the description states it on vinyl if that helps, not sure what mines on without digging it out think mines vinyl, so how many times was it released ?

Social source share

Reissued on Bandy for sure, but also think it was reissued on the Black label.

Imperial, who issued the early Minit 45s put some real oddball reissues out in the mid-late 60s, most of which are probably rarer than the original 45s.

boxing.gifHI ORIG MINIT £75+ YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE ORANGE ON BANDY REISSUE£10, UK STOCK COPY NOW HARD TO GET £80 to £100+ UK DEMO £130+thumbup.gif IT IS A GREAT RECORD FROM THE WHEEL CLUBpost-13241-12546937319622_thumb.jpgph34r.gif DAVE KIL

post-13241-12546937319622_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Word of warning when buying the Bandy "reissue". There are two different presses:

1. BANDY in script typeface, small title lettering: One of the double-track vocals is missing, and there is a split-second distortion about 20 secs before the end.

2. BANDY in block typeface: Pressed at the wrong speed, as if it's playing at +2.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!