Joe Matthews On Kool Kat

Can any of you kind folks tell me how to tell an original copy from a bootleg?

Picked up a copy today the lable is slightly glossy with black lettering on a white background. The catalogue number in etched into the run out not stamped.

Thanks in advance

Derek

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Picked up a copy today the lable is slightly glossy with black lettering on a white background. The catalogue number in etched into the run out not stamped.

Thanks in advance

Derek

link

Original white copies are demos and it should say so on the lable. Issues are red both the issue and the demo are stamped. Sounds like a boot to me sorry :huh:

Social source share

Thanks in advance

Derek

link

original is styrene. Boot is vinyl.

Social source share

original is styrene.  Boot is vinyl.

link

Really Chalky I'm sure mine is (was) on vinyl has it been booted on a red lable with stamped matrix number then?

May not matter I've been looking for mine on and off for a month now can't find the bugger. Wanted to play it out for Steve McWilliams found the 'She's My Beauty Queen' but not the 'Ain't Nothing You Can Do'

Social source share

Really Chalky I'm sure mine is (was) on vinyl has it been booted on a red lable with stamped matrix number then?

May not matter I've been looking for mine on and off for a month now can't find the bugger. Wanted to play it out for Steve McWilliams found the 'She's My Beauty Queen' but not the 'Ain't Nothing You Can Do'

link

Pretty sure although I stand to be corrected. Boots are white demos too I think.

Social source share

The original White demos are extremely rare but because it was booted as a w/d the issues seem to be more desirable. the original red issue is on styrene and has the ZTSC stamped in the run out grooves. me and Glenn Griffin went to masnships when he was in King street and both of us bought red issues for £20 each those were the days

Social source share

Pretty sure although I stand to be corrected.  Boots are white demos too I think.

link

My one doesn't mention it being a demo or dj copy.

Derek

Social source share

The boots don't mate. If it's vinyl and looks like this it's a pretty good bet it's a boot.

post-1918-1121551938_thumb.jpg

On the plus side they sound ace and will do till you get a real 'un.

Godz

link

Yep it's one of them more than happy with it at £1.50. B*gger getting a real one! Lots more records out there to be had mate :huh:

Derek

Social source share

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon with this posting but does anyone have an orgiinal copy of this tune to sell? PM me or tel me on 07838 181 375. I would appreciate it if you give me a price and not ask me to 'give you an offer'

Ta

Warren Boogaloo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!