Barbara Long - We Call It Love

soulmac

Anyone know the going rate for a copy of Barbara Long - "We Call It Love" on Jet Set. Manships guide says £250 but I read an article about Shrine / Jet Set in an old Record Collector and it said there were only about a dozen copies in the UK.

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

And I bought it..............chooooooooon, not sure of current price tho'

Cheers Russ

BTW any one seen stock copies of this ???

Russ

I've got a stock copy which I bought after hearing it on one of your tapes (soul pushin) a few years back.

I was asking about the price as I'm thinking of selling a few 45's and didn't have a clue how much it's worth.

I paid £300 but that was about four years ago.

If there are about twelve copies in the Uk as the record collector states how many are demos and how many aare issues ?

Demo or stock copy would it make any difference to the value ?

The "B" side "Take It From Me" aint bad either.

Soulmac.

Social source share

I can recall only ever seeing one stock copy of any single on Jet Set; "Fabulous New York/Charge!" by Strings n'Things.  Everything else I've ever seen on the label seems to only turn up as a demo.

Gene

I had a stock copy of Jimmy Castor - It's OK!

Social source share

Isn't the Jimmy Castor 45 going for big money as well?  I think Martin Thomson is playing it at Soul In The City and These Old Shoes.

Have seen for anything between $40 and £75 over the last year and think as high as £150. Old Guy and Butch cover up, Ritchie Adams if remember rightly. I bought Guys I think still covered and hammered it every chance I got, great record IMO.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!