Archie Bell & The Drells-Rare Issue

jazzyjas

Hey Soul Sourcers,

Here's something I've NEVER EVER seen! It's Tighten Up on the same catalog number as always but with the Ovide B side "Dog Eat Dog".

Every single copy that I've ever seen of this record has Tighten Up Pt. 2 on the b side. Has anyone ever seen this? This has got to be rare as hell or even deleted!

Would love to know if anyone else has ever run across this 45.

-Jason

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey Soul Sourcers,

Here's something I've NEVER EVER seen! It's Tighten Up on the same catalog number as always but with the Ovide B side "Dog Eat Dog".

Every single copy that I've ever seen of this record has Tighten Up Pt. 2 on the b side. Has anyone ever seen this? This has got to be rare as hell or even deleted!

Would love to know if anyone else has ever run across this 45.

-Jason

not that rare, i'm surprised that you're surprised. i think the story was it was originally issued with dog eat dog as the intended a-side, it became the hit, then they reissued it with part 2.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

not that rare, i'm surprised that you're surprised. i think the story was it was originally issued with dog eat dog as the intended a-side, it became the hit, then they reissued it with part 2.

Also came out on UK Red Atlantic, and is cheap also. Two great sides though. Anyone got a US copy for sale, as i'd like one, especially Ovide?

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!