Guest Gogs

• Replies 61
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Never told that before in public but I have several split personalities inside me (at least four), one has already voted and the other three also go for WF so that's 19-13 in favour of a proper soul record.

sorry benji it's 1 vote per body not 1 per personality

Social source share

sorry benji it's 1 vote per body not 1 per personality

I discussed that with the other three personalities and we all find this very unfair and infact discriminating against any physically non-existing persons!

I'd challenge you to fight to the death by light saber but they other three can't be bothered and are already off to the pub...

Social source share

Blimey - bad day and a half Jock!

Take a look at my follow up post and you'll notice that I was teasing a bit.

Cmon Mr Zilla, given your Christian name*** and your extra sensory bumps on your tail I assume you would have known I was being equally parodical, responding in my best Victor Meldrew impersonation that my on line fans demand

However, I still don't see why you can't love soul music and still appreciate well crafted pop. And acknowledge that, in the surreal world of Northern Soul, those tunes can have a place.

I didn’t say you couldn't, I just don’t and there is almost an expectation that they go hand in hand these days, I know nothing about pop, crafted or not, and that’s not a soul snob type statement it really is true. I definitely don't deny their place, I do however sometimes get cheesed off when their place seems to be the norm rather than the exception however, which I do think is becoming the norm again, sadly.

I don't see any backlash against people who like the music - just a couple of threads where some people have said they don't always prefer the black version to the white. Variety of opinion and all that old chap.

And now you are pulling the fur over your eyes, do you want to count the soul snob type insults thrown regularly, although not so much lately for some reason, anyone who dares to point out something has nothing to do with soul is led off to the stocks and cells by that Iraqui "soldier" off Lost and never seen again, I totally disagree with that one. And its not about colour its about sound young man, again I thought you would get that while lots don't on here, sadly. I definitely think the tone on here has changed where anyone suggesting Northern and Soul should actually mean that get ridiculed and booed loudly. I do not mind people having an alternative opinion, as long as they eventually realise mines is the correct one.

On the other hand though, Mrs G says that she sometimes thinks I like records more than I like music, in which case my opinions are all probably invalid anyway.

Don't we all sometimes, sadly. And I hope you loudly shout and whats the problem with that as you send her back to the cave kitchen to cook your T-Rex steak while you polish your latest 7" acquisition with your paws up drinking your mint tea she has just made for you.

Besides, I've always thought Muriel Day was bobbins you cheeky git. And you can call me 'psuedo' all you want, but 'intellectual' is fighting talk :lol:

I was taking it to the wide end of the spectrum for comedic effect, although I think in our media led world, the lack of any smileys obviously means it can't have any humour. And I would have thought Muriel Day was a good example of crafted pop, albeit it very poorly crafted.

And you can call me 'psuedo' all you want, but 'intellectual' is fighting talk :lol:

Oh yes Mr First Class BA,** already wasting your education by going out fighting, so typical of the younger generation today. You can now prove the worth of education by telling us you didn't know what Psuedo meant before your degree, I still think it means the fashion craze after skinheads but I believe it doesn't.

** A very serious congratulations on that, that is really a fantastic achievment for people of our age, I have thought about it but havent even got past the thinking stage due to the amount of work everyone tells you it takes, and in case you are not aware, I remember being told that mature students pass more frequently than younger students but very rarely finish at top end of qualifiers with few firsts so really double well done young man, will need to think of some smarter insults to throw at you now.

*** Now you are educated can you tell me if the term God existed pre-Christianity or was it something else they made up, maybe for another thread though…….

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Cmon Mr Zilla, given your Christian name*** and your extra sensory bumps on your tail I assume you would have known I was being equally parodical, responding in my best Victor Meldrew impersonation that my on line fans demand

I didn't say you couldn't, I just don't and there is almost an expectation that they go hand in hand these days, I know nothing about pop, crafted or not, and that's not a soul snob type statement it really is true. I definitely don't deny their place, I do however sometimes get cheesed off when their place seems to be the norm rather than the exception however, which I do think is becoming the norm again, sadly.

And now you are pulling the fur over your eyes, do you want to count the soul snob type insults thrown regularly, although not so much lately for some reason, anyone who dares to point out something has nothing to do with soul is led off to the stocks and cells by that Iraqui "soldier" off Lost and never seen again, I totally disagree with that one. And its not about colour its about sound young man, again I thought you would get that while lots don't on here, sadly. I definitely think the tone on here has changed where anyone suggesting Northern and Soul should actually mean that get ridiculed and booed loudly. I do not mind people having an alternative opinion, as long as they eventually realise mines is the correct one.

Don't we all sometimes, sadly. And I hope you loudly shout and whats the problem with that as you send her back to the cave kitchen to cook your T-Rex steak while you polish your latest 7" acquisition with your paws up drinking your mint tea she has just made for you.

I was taking it to the wide end of the spectrum for comedic effect, although I think in our media led world, the lack of any smileys obviously means it can't have any humour. And I would have thought Muriel Day was a good example of crafted pop, albeit it very poorly crafted.

Oh yes Mr First Class BA,** already wasting your education by going out fighting, so typical of the younger generation today. You can now prove the worth of education by telling us you didn't know what Psuedo meant before your degree, I still think it means the fashion craze after skinheads but I believe it doesn't.

** A very serious congratulations on that, that is really a fantastic achievment for people of our age, I have thought about it but havent even got past the thinking stage due to the amount of work everyone tells you it takes, and in case you are not aware, I remember being told that mature students pass more frequently than younger students but very rarely finish at top end of qualifiers with few firsts so really double well done young man, will need to think of some smarter insults to throw at you now.

*** Now you are educated can you tell me if the term God existed pre-Christianity or was it something else they made up, maybe for another thread though.......

:ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert