Did anyone see ?

It was a very interesting documentary on the British Blues explosion. Lots of great stories about the Flamingo allnighters and the Roaring 20's club. Another good story about "Stormy Monday Blues", which was released on the UK Sue label, Credited to Little Joe Cook but was infact Essex boy Chris Farlow singing. Good iterview with Lonnie Donnegan in the 100 club too, Where did all those posh cushioned seats come from? Not the usual hard school type ones i'm used to.

Phil

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

Good iterview with Lonnie Donnegan in the 100 club too,

Phil excuse my ignorance but is this some sort of nickname for Ady????

John

Social source share

Perhaps the natural progression from some of the early R & B played nowadays will be Skiffle. How about "Does your chewing gum loose its flavour when your verballing allnight", "My old man's a Soulfan" or even "Soul Island Line"

Just a thought, I'll get my coat!

KTF

Social source share

Would dancing be known as burning the washboards then?

Actually I took it upon myself to go to a skiffle nite at the 100 Club in 1997. Really good night; reminded me of a niter, with Greg Butler selling 78s from his stall near the bar!! Chas Hodges (from Chas and Dave) did a jam session with the resident group, but there was no dancing. Everyone was just happy to sit round at tables put up on the dancefloor, but the atmosphere was hyper!!!

Gene

Social source share

Why did Lonnie Donnegan get the sack from Pickfords? He kept sticking broom handles in the tea chests.

I know don't give up the day job.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!