soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vintagevideos

The G.Cs 45 sold for over $400 a couple of days ago....never seen the Lp..Killer Bay Area sound !!!!!

Do you have the link for the 45? I wonder if the lp has the tracks on the 45?

Social source share

Do you have the link for the 45? I wonder if the lp has the tracks on the 45?

Hello mate -

I have both the LP and the 45.

The 45 is earlier from '74 and seriously rare - from what I can see, there's only 3 known copies. The tracks aren't featured on the LP.

The LP is from '77, and sounds more modern in production - yes, they're the same group. Lead on the 45 is Hymes Hollis as with the Gospel Roots LP.

If you need anymore info, then lemme know either here or on facebook.

Cheers!

Edited by Greg Belson
Social source share

Guest vintagevideos

Hello mate -

The 45 is earlier from '74 and seriously rare - from what I can see, there's only 3 known copies. The tracks aren't featured on the LP.

The LP is from '77, and sounds more modern in production - yes, they're the same group. Lead on the 45 is Hymes Hollis as with the Gospel Roots LP.

Cheers!

Thanks Greg! Any idea what the lp could go for? I've been meaning to ask you to come DJ Beat Surrender...you doing anything 11/13?

Social source share

Hello mate -

Cheers!

what part of the bay area were they from??

Social source share

Thanks Greg! Any idea what the lp could go for? I've been meaning to ask you to come DJ Beat Surrender...you doing anything 11/13?

Sorry, mate - can't help you with a price. I picked mine up cheap in a store, and haven't seen another for sale. And yeah, I'll come up to DJ, but I can't do November - I'm in Seattle. How 'bout December?

Social source share