Cats Whiskers Leeds

Did anyone go to the Cats Whiskers Alldayers during the mid 70's. I used to go in order to have a rest from Wigan. The place is is no longer there. I also remeber as a young teenager seeing posters in Leeds old bus station for allnighter at either the Cats Whiskers or The Central. Also remember older people at my school going to an allnigter at The Queens Hall Leeds around 1974.

Simon Dewsbury previously Leeds

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes went to cats whiskers but it was a night do or was supposed to be we got thrown out at 2am or it may have been earlier we all ended up at mine (well my mams house) in Bradford!!! Queens Hall was massive went once to see what it was like but it was a pop night and as Central was on same night we ended up back there!!

God If i could write a book about my time on the scene it would be banned lol

sue Bushby

Social source share

Did anyone go to the Cats Whiskers Alldayers during the mid 70's. I used to go in order to have a rest from Wigan. The place is is no longer there. I also remeber as a young teenager seeing posters in Leeds old bus station for allnighter at either the Cats Whiskers or The Central. Also remember older people at my school going to an allnigter at The Queens Hall Leeds around 1974.

[/quot

cats whiskers alldayers,some of the best days i ever had.

the best one for me ,benn on stage with jnr walker with a little toy sax blowing away on it and dancing on stage for most of his set brill.

Social source share

Guest stevejan

Yes went to cats whiskers but it was a night do or was supposed to be we got thrown out at 2am or it may have been earlier we all ended up at mine (well my mams house) in Bradford!!! Queens Hall was massive went once to see what it was like but it was a pop night and as Central was on same night we ended up back there!!

God If i could write a book about my time on the scene it would be banned lol

sue Bushby

Your right there..if you ever do please refer to me as Mr X

Steve (Mr X)

Edited by stevejan
Social source share

Did anyone go to the Cats Whiskers All Dayers during the mid 70's. I used to go in order to have a rest from Wigan. The place is is no longer there. I also remember as a young teenager seeing posters in Leeds old bus station for all nighter at either the Cats Whiskers or The Central. Also remember older people at my school going to an all nighter at The Queens Hall Leeds around 1974.

boxing.gifI am shore I did go? as I used to spend many weekends in Leeds in 74/5 when my bruvver studded Fine Art at Jacob Creamer, went to the central, great pubs the FENTON was good, was it at the rear of Woolworth's? or was that the Central,

This info is crap I no it so do you the fact that I have been to Leeds bought records from JUMBO,S. DEFO went to Burnly Cats Whiskers>ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

Hi Simon,,, i remember seeing Jr Walker at Cats Whiskers(Meanwood),a few of us use to go from Bradford.....just read back about Benji with his toy sax,,,,,,what a classic.....

Edited by kev.k
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert