2010-06-25: Bridlington Spa Northern Weekender #4

Well what a great weekend, really enjoyed it and looking forward to next year already.

Some good points, I liked the idea of the trader's stalls being on the balcony, more room to maneouver in the main hall which made it better for the traffic flow. There was no real complaints about the music over the weekend, I never made it into the Modern Room but certainly enjoyed all the others. Later on in the Club room it was reminiscent of the nights gone by prior to the introduction of air-conditioning !! It certainly made you appreciate the air-con in the main hall :rolleyes:

The wristbands were a major improvement, the cloth definitely held up better than the previous issues. The Motown room on Saturday afternoon could have done with a couple of tables back towards the bottle bar as I'm always a bit concerned that I might kick over my beer over in the rush to get onto the dance floor !!!

Highlight of the weekend was the Motown Room, 5 hours of quality tunes so credit to all the DJ's involved. I know that Mort & Yocky did a set but who were the two gents that double decked before them ? Some really rare & underplayed records got an airing that afternoon & a great time was had by all. I bet there isnt a play-list though !!!

However towards the end of the afternoonsession a young lady appeared in the Motown Room & proceeded to give such a display of dancing that it literally took my breath away. I have seen quite a few excellent female dancers over the years but last Saturday afternoon I saw someone who was in so much harmony with the music that for once words failed me !!

Information gleaned at the time revealed her name was Mary-Lou ??? I never got the chance to thank her in person but any readers that know her please pass on my thanks.:D

The Mexican restaurant was also a great find, especially the "Early-Bird" menu before 6pm :yes:

Again all credit to the organisers for another great job, I (We) shall return in 2011

Dave

PS Mr Wigley, when you finally catch up with yourself please EM me with your private EM address. As & when you get around to designing the 2011 flyer, I'll help out with distribution around this neck of the woods.

PPS If Carlsberg did weekenders, .............................................. Well you know the rest :(

you want a play list from Chris Forrest and Doug Hall will see if we can get something together and will post mine later

Doug

Edited by Makemvinyl
  • Replies 558
  • Views 47.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

just got back from the Awesome Bridlington weekender

Thank- you too everyone who helped me get there and back

Nice to put names to faces and meet up with a lot of sheffield lads,bret brent,mark

I'll never forget the last record in the modern room...was it dedicated to me cunnie ?:rolleyes:

really enjoyed myself

cheers

Toad:thumbsup:

Kind of was Tim but have been playing it out a few times recently. Also gives me a chance to do a bit o 'wine up mi waist' dancing with Shelley:ohmy: :D

Must admit though it was the record after the last record if that makes any sense. Sound guys said play another if you like so slammed it on.

Was great to meet you Tim & finally put a face to a name. Glad you enjoyed it & I'm sure we'll meet up again soon now I only live just up the road.

Could only do the sat night due to other stuff, but enjoyed every minute

Spent all night in the rare room, some excellent sets played all night,also seemed to be the place where most of the folks you see most week ends out and about were loitering.

Would like to thank the management for letting mo & me play a few., was very enjoyable :thumbsup:

Cant praise them enough for bringing this all together, big big respect :ohmy:

On a lighter note don't think I've ever seen so many sets of baggy trousers in one place as was in the main room :yes:

weekender was the best ive ever been, and becomes an unmissable event !!.went in all rooms though the modern one i enjoyed the most ,just soul set was great, a big thankyou to everyone who helped to put on this magnificent centre piece that gave so many people so much pleasure , two a year please!!!!!!!......diddy

Guest eaststand

Well a lot ov hype about Brid, must do my best to have a look next year, every body i have talked to has said how fantastic it was, well done to all of the events organisers and staff.

weekender was the best ive ever been, and becomes an unmissable event !!.went in all rooms though the modern one i enjoyed the most ,just soul set was great, a big thankyou to everyone who helped to put on this magnificent centre piece that gave so many people so much pleasure , two a year please!!!!!!!......diddy

Here here cheeky passenger :ohmy:, it was a jolly good weekend in Sunny Brid ....... where's my tip tho? biggrin.gif

I've popped some pictures in the gallery if you can be arsed looking at them :yes:

Once again thanks to ECSC for an amazing weekender :thumbsup: Oh & what a brilliant idea having the water vendors selling their wares in the hall way. Saved me having to queue at the bar. Great idea :yes:

Guest Soul Moves

We had a fantastic time at the Spa. It was our first Bridsoul. The Modern Room was our main base for the weekend. Will defo return. Amazing venue.

My radio show SOUL MOVES tonight on www.chorley.fm or 102.8fm locally in Chorley will be a two hour Bridsoul Weekender special with tunes from the weekender.

Hope some of you can tune in.

Peace and vibes,

Mike

Guest the dukester

Another fantastic ECSC weekend for the Scarborough soul lovers, buzzing in every room,.....

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!!! ..... whatever floats your boat!

Great work by all involved, right from the big cheese to the soul lovers from all over who attended en mass.

Heres to October and another East Coast Soul Fest .

You'd be mad to miss it!!......Julie has the tickets guys, selling fast!!!

Cheers for all the good comments about the R'n'B room

Dukes & Julie :D

Bridlington weekender Magazine #4

We have about 90 copies left of the official magazine. 32 pages, full glossy colour, loads of interesting articles and photos about the scene past and present.

Anyone who wants one please send a cheque for £3 to 23 Harley Close, WORKSOP, Notts S80 3BF

made payable to Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice--all the money goes to charity.

We shall be announcing the total raised during the weekender very soon, however we had to cancel the planned Auction due to the England game taking place, but if we can raise a bit more money with the programme sales that will all go on to the total thumbsup.gifWe also have mirror key rings and pin badge sets @ £2 each or 3 for £5 again order as above with cheques to Bluebell wood please

thanks

ECSCSC

post-1887-093987500 1277984316_thumb.jpg

post-1887-093987500 1277984316_thumb.jpg

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Guest Tarnlad

Fantastic weekend , well done E.C.S.C your hard work in bringing us the Glastonbury of Northern Soul is much appreciated :D

Guest LEICSSOULIES

Hi All

Well cant really add anything to the forum on Brid 2010 as it has been deemed in my eyes THE BEST WEEKENDER on the scene for years, and has been since the

first one we ventured to at Leisure World, after that with it being at the spa it has got better and better, and this years was bloody fantastic.

From the relaxing Thursday evening with Yocky to the Sunday night, its filled with all a soulie requires..

A big three cheers to all those involved in organising, with a great big KISS for Karen, who is the hostess with the mostess...

always has a fantastic smile and a welcome word ( until she loses her voice !! lol) for all during this long weekend..

See you next year

Ali x x

Hi All

Well cant really add anything to the forum on Brid 2010 as it has been deemed in my eyes THE BEST WEEKENDER on the scene for years, and has been since the

first one we ventured to at Leisure World, after that with it being at the spa it has got better and better, and this years was bloody fantastic.

From the relaxing Thursday evening with Yocky to the Sunday night, its filled with all a soulie requires..

A big three cheers to all those involved in organising, with a great big KISS for Karen, who is the hostess with the mostess...

always has a fantastic smile and a welcome word ( until she loses her voice !! lol) for all during this long weekend..

See you next year

Ali x x

Thanks Alison

a true member of the "Brid faithful" will pass on your good wishes

Great photos Ian--is it really a week ago since we were there Thursday night !!

https://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

Cheers

Rob & Karen

we had another fab weekender at Bridlington.... all the rooms playing awsome sounds all weekend .... loved the club room ! ....needs to be bigger lol :rolleyes: ....roll on scarbrough.... Sunday only for us though ... cos we get married on the Saturday wub.gif

ktf pete n' susan

post-7477-034699600 1278007255_thumb.jpg

post-7477-034699600 1278007255_thumb.jpg

Edited by casper
Guest belly chest

we had another fab weekender at Bridlington.... all the rooms playing awsome sounds all weekend .... loved the club room ! ....needs to be bigger lol :rolleyes: ....roll on scarbrough.... Sunday only for us though ... cos we get married on the Saturday wub.gif

ktf pete n' susan

nice to hear that your getting married saturday we,ll help you celibrate on sunday lol

Would like to say a big thank you and well done to everyone connected with the Bridlington weekend absolutely brilliant hatsoff2.gif This was the second time to brid and this year i went with a knee op looming so not much dancing for me !!!!!! How wrong could i have been because this time i found my way up to the R & B room on the Friday night all the dj's in there were top class and played tunes to die for and has for not dancing well that went out the bloody window and now I'm paying the price never mind that surgeons waiting . Had to keep out that room after Friday on the WIFES orders . Accommodation booked for 2011 this weekend is top drawer ... All the best ......Mark ( BAM )....... Oh yes and the WIFE mandy :rolleyes:

Guest belly chest

Another fantastic ECSC weekend for the Scarborough soul lovers, buzzing in every room,.....

SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE!!! ..... whatever floats your boat!

Great work by all involved, right from the big cheese to the soul lovers from all over who attended en mass.

Heres to October and another East Coast Soul Fest .

You'd be mad to miss it!!......Julie has the tickets guys, selling fast!!!

Cheers for all the good comments about the R'n'B room

Dukes & Julie :rolleyes:

whos arsenal eh barnsley mte just like wtching brazil

whos arsenal eh barnsley mte just like wtching brazil

Don't you mean 'Just like watching Grange Hill' :rolleyes:

Just really glad that everyone had such a great time. Makes such good reading, not only for the 2 Rob's, Karen & Pat but also for all of the DJ's involved as well.

Don't want it to sound like I'm wishing my life away but roll on 2011

PS, come on Wigley, you know I'm right yes.gif

Here here cheeky passenger whistling.gif, it was a jolly good weekend in Sunny Brid ....... where's my tip tho? :D

I've popped some pictures in the gallery if you can be arsed looking at them wink.gif

Once again thanks to ECSC for an amazing weekender :hatsoff2: Oh & what a brilliant idea having the water vendors selling their wares in the hall way. Saved me having to queue at the bar. Great idea :thumbsup:

Great pics Ali

gud 2 see u at Brid

great weekender now firmly on our calendar and like many av already booked for next year

well done all the promoters credit for all that hard work and all dj,s brilliant all weekend

Mr Dixon shame on you closing the Modern room at 11.30ish , now we know why so you could

head straight to the Northern room ( doin a Mark Randle eh ) for a shuffle .

got some pics Mart

bring on 2011

Martyn

Guest TallSarah

had an amazing weekender

it was always a bit of a experiment for us - after doing 8 southports and one luxury soul. we wondered if it might be a bit 'northern' for us.

the modern room was amazing. i thought at one point someone had been round to ours and was playing my records. John Kane and Errol Green were fab. met loads of ace people (nice to make some new mates 'our own age'

def will be back next year hopefully with a few mates

i even managed to shift 4.5 lbs in weight!

only downers were mating seagulls causing lie in fail for us and one incident of woeful djing which i won't bang on about

all in all best weekender experience in a long time

What a venue ;; Arrived early Friday answering a request from me old mate Rob Wigley Thanks for putting up with me and Ethan ( tinkerbell) . Will be organising a trip from Manchester area for next one ..... Anyone wanting tickets let me know.

Got to play a few tunes on sat afternoon in the soul club room ...... was bouncing at 2 pm on a glorious afternoon. Thanks to all.... Best wishes and KTF ..... Brent and Ethan (Tiny Terror)

What a venue ;; Arrived early Friday answering a request from me old mate Rob Wigley Thanks for putting up with me and Ethan ( tinkerbell) . Will be organising a trip from Manchester area for next one ..... Anyone wanting tickets let me know.

Got to play a few tunes on sat afternoon in the soul club room ...... was bouncing at 2 pm on a glorious afternoon. Thanks to all.... Best wishes and KTF ..... Brent and Ethan (Tiny Terror)

you did a top spot on sat afternoon Brent .... and its always good fun dancin with Ethan ..:lol:..

pete n' susan ktf

post-7477-027342600 1278057549_thumb.jpg

Once again thanks to ECSC for an amazing weekender :lol: Oh & what a brilliant idea having the water vendors selling their wares in the hall way. Saved me having to queue at the bar. Great idea :thumbsup:

Great pics Ali

gud 2 see u at Brid

great weekender now firmly on our calendar and like many av already booked for next year

well done all the promoters credit for all that hard work and all dj,s brilliant all weekend

Mr Dixon shame on you closing the Modern room at 11.30ish , now we know why so you could

head straight to the Northern room ( doin a Mark Randle eh ) for a shuffle .

Not his fault Martyn--lay the blame with me ! leave 'em wanting more !

However it gives the sound crew time to break down the last system and join us in the main hall for the last hour so they can have a dance and a few beers-and pack the van up ready for off in the morning

thanks for all the kind words everyone

A WORD OF WARNING TICKETS ARE FLYING OUT FOR NEXT YEAR, ALL OUR INITIAL ALLOCATION OF 500 HAVE GONE AND A TRIP BACK TO THE SPA WAS NECESSARY TO PICK THE NEXT BATCH UP !!!!

SPA BOX OFFICE HAVE 2011 TICKETS 01262 678 258 or visit www.bridsoul.com.

got some pics Mart

bring on 2011

Martyn

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Guest misterkicks

Hi folks, we had a great time again at Brid. Love the venue and everything in it, just could do with a few tables in the R&B room. Roll on next year.

Cheers,

Gav Needham.

Hi Rob and Karen

Samie and I had a lovely weekend and want to thank everyone who made us feel welcome.

I enjoyed filling in for Kev in the modern room on Friday and hope that everyone enjoyed my article in the magazine on LP collecting.

Just a note that on Sunday we went carbooting and I found some tunes including Lou Rawls "You'll never find another love like mine" for 25p on BLUE vinyl. Just proves that if you want to fing tunes cheap....you can.

Roll on Scarborough and I hope I can play "Summer Breeze" again cos that tune summed up the whole weekend........GLORIOUS.

Soulfully Yours

Jonathan

Guest soul4life

just want to say wot a fantastic weekend me & jaks had hospitality second to none..well done to karen & rob,mr wicks & pat brady & all the team for all there efforts in making it even better than last year spent most of my time in the modern room:hatsoff2: the room had everything for the modern devotee and the menu of soul music over the weekend seemed to go down well with the faithful..

many thanx for the invite to play a few of my fav current tunes..loved it..loads of special moments including shelleys birthday cake suprise for mart on the sat nite before his set..marts face was a picture all the d.js made the room special and deserve a big round of applause also great to see so many friends enjoying the brid soul experiance and already looking forward to next years festivities so heres to 2011 sure to be a great soul gathering once again..was asked to put up a playlist heres a few i can remember playing....

solomon burke "so in love with you" d,angelo remix"

uncle james "godfather" james brown tribute mix

room orchestra "get down saturday nite" jazz mix

dennis ferrer "love everlasting"

cary summer "new sensations"

castelli "it aint good"

d.j meme "how we do it"

jazz.com "love wot you feel"

eve gallagher "change your mind"

gladys knight "my imagination"

g.t.s "without you"

cym "you & i"

peyton "a little sensetivity"

elton franklin "i got it"

jesse graham "about you baby"

jimmy chew band "if"

jeff valentine "u bring me joy"

doc bell "make up your mind"

kiah "slow down"

phil "runnin from love"

blanc & jones "miracle man"

laura estrada "all about us"

funcool "give me your love"

dusk "patience"

always keepin it soulful..cheers everyone...

regards terry gee

Spent all night in the rare room, some excellent sets played all night,also seemed to be the place where most of the folks you see most week ends out and about were loitering.

Would like to thank the management for letting mo & me play a few., was very enjoyable thumbsup.gif

Mick.... yourself & Mo.... sublime as ever pal :D ....

Would like to thank the management for letting mo & me play a few., was very enjoyable thumbsup.gif

On a lighter note don't think I've ever seen so many sets of baggy trousers in one place as was in the main room :D

Great to see you both again, loved the spot, always something interesting in there, keep it up, see you both somewhere soon :D

WELL DONE TO THE BRID PROMOTERS - ANOTHER EXCELLENT WEEKEND IN SUCH A LOVELY VENUE WITH FRIENDLY STAFF! thumbsup.gif

SPENT MOST OF THE TIME IN THE RARE/UNDERPLAYED ROOM WHERE I HEARD SOME FANTASTIC TUNES PLAYED.:unsure:

ON TOP OF THAT WE HAD BRILLIANT WEATHER AND FANTASTIC COMPANY. :)

ROLL ON BRID 2011.

AV

Just got back from Brid - Yes really. I stayed on for a week, the Modern room was a bit empty on Tuesday afternoon but thankfully I had my ipod!!!

Just add my congrats to the organisers and DJ's for a quality weekend, well run and well planned. It was an honour to DJ the event once more. Personal fave sets were from Terry Gee and Martin Dixon in the Modern Room (i didnt go much further!).

Just one thing, in 2012 can you sort it out for England to do better!!!

Edited by Andy Jackson

Just got back from Brid - Yes really. I stayed on for a week, the Modern room was a bit empty on Tuesday afternoon but thankfully I had my ipod!!!

Just add my congrats to the organisers and DJ's for a quality weekend, well run and well planned. It was an honour to DJ the event once more. Personal fave sets were from Terry Gee and Martin Dixon in the Modern Room (i didnt go much further!).

already got England sorted out we are playing the under 12's against all opposition-at least they look like they are trying and enjoying themselves !! LOLlaugh.gif

thanks for your help andy

ECSCSC

Guest veep1296

Over last weekend a couple of people asked me to post playlists of the two spots I did in the "Rare/Underplayed" room...one was Geoff Green from London but I cant remember the other...apologies in advance if you read this.

Only my second Brid but once again thoroughly enjoyed it.

Credit once again to the organisers Pat Brady, Rob & Karen Wigley & Rob Wickes......well done....look forward to next year.

Spent 90% of my time in this room simply enjoying great varied unpredictable music. As a collector who plays his records out & about a few times a year I buy for me..and I sat there spot after spot mentally ticking off records I had brought that I then would not play..loved it really as I could have a shuffle to them instead. Over three days and nights I can honestly say (as someone with impeccable taste! :ohmy: ) that I only heard a handful of records that didnt appeal to me. Very well done to all who did sets in there! Too many to mention...

Thanks especially to Mark Etheridge for spinning Little Hank "Try To Understand"...how good did that sound... & also putting me on to a couple of tracks I didnt know...

On Saturday afternoon we went to the Club Room specifically to catch Tats Taylor & Sean Hampsey double decking & well worth the visit it was! Great music throughout . Thanks guys!

Booked accomodation for next year...I can highly recommend the event if you aint been.

Will post the playlists up in that section of the Forum over the weekend.

All the best

David Ferguson

Guest veep1296

Posted playlists now.

Over last weekend a couple of people asked me to post playlists of the two spots I did in the "Rare/Underplayed" room...one was Geoff Green from London but I cant remember the other...apologies in advance if you read this.

Only my second Brid but once again thoroughly enjoyed it.

Credit once again to the organisers Pat Brady, Rob & Karen Wigley & Rob Wickes......well done....look forward to next year.

Spent 90% of my time in this room simply enjoying great varied unpredictable music. As a collector who plays his records out & about a few times a year I buy for me..and I sat there spot after spot mentally ticking off records I had brought that I then would not play..loved it really as I could have a shuffle to them instead. Over three days and nights I can honestly say (as someone with impeccable taste! :ohmy: ) that I only heard a handful of records that didnt appeal to me. Very well done to all who did sets in there! Too many to mention...

Thanks especially to Mark Etheridge for spinning Little Hank "Try To Understand"...how good did that sound... & also putting me on to a couple of tracks I didnt know...

On Saturday afternoon we went to the Club Room specifically to catch Tats Taylor & Sean Hampsey double decking & well worth the visit it was! Great music throughout . Thanks guys!

Booked accomodation for next year...I can highly recommend the event if you aint been.

Will post the playlists up in that section of the Forum over the weekend.

All the best

David Ferguson

We nearly had the fire brigade there Terry with the 100 candles that were on the cake !

thanks for your spots terrific !

Karen & Rob

Do you know how close I am to breaking the site swearing rules Wigley :yes::thumbsup:

PS, option 2 - you know I'm right :thumbup:

Thanks for that Andy. Must say I enjoyed your spot as well, even thought the black black black box remix kinda worked out ok in the end :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Andy. Must say I enjoyed your spot as well, even thought the black black black box remix kinda worked out ok in the end

Hey up Mart

Guess you never heard the Norman Collier remix

its ha ha hard on a 12" m8

and most copies skip

Martyn

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Well a week on and still enjoying thoughts of this event. Well done Rob & Karen Wigley, Rob Wicks & Pat Brady for building on previous success to firmly establish this as the top event and many many thanks for asking me once again to be a part of that.

Great to see old and new friends and sorry to those I meant to catch up with and didn't. Thanks to Mark Etheridge - it's a pleasure to DJ alongside you again mate and to Tony Hatfield and John Parker for inviting me to be part of the final hour threesome (oooeeerrr) on Sunday. Tony, have I got this right? - Upstairs - Carstairs, Downstairs - Spiral Staircase??

Spent most of our time in Rare & Underplayed but all rooms were good for us but especially enjoyed Tats in the club room, Kim Maddocks & Paul Seward in the modern room (didn't spend enough time in there) and John Moffatt in the RnB room which is now firmly established and was lively all weekend. Big shout to Trev Thomas for sticking with the impossible job of DJing to a nigh on empty room in the aftermath of the football, I enjoyed what I heard mate and from the look I had in your box, we all missed a good set!

All was well apart from the football but I'm sure ECSC are working on that............

Anyway, here's my playlists from all three nights. I think the 70's spot from Sunday night is as played but the rest is a bit of a jumble I'm afraid:

Tommy Frontera - (You're My) Leading Lady (Hi-Lite)

The Moments - You Said (Deep)

Mamie P Galore - No Right To Cry (Sack)

Vince Apollo - Can't Turn My Back (Pentagon)

Little Esther - If It's News To You (Savoy)

Joe Tex - I've Got A Song (Michelle)

George Cameron - My Heart Tells Me So (Portrait)

Orphelia McFall - He's Never There (Saturn)

Ike Strong - I Owe My Life To You (Bama)

Milton and Winston - You Lied (Falstaff)

The Trinikas - Black Is Beautiful (Pearce)

Tobbi Bowe - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away (Patheway)

Blue Sharks - These Things Will Keep Me Loving You (Grand Prix)

Lewise Bethune - Chi-Town Boogaloo (Sack)

Robert Parker - I Caught You In A Lie (Nola)

The Blue Jays - (It Depends On The) Point of View (Jay)

Mary Saxton - Losing Control (Pace)

Deena Johnson - The Breaking Point (Wild Deuce)

Bobby Day - Pretty Little Girl Next Door (RCA)

Freddie Houston - Soft Walkin' (ToTo)

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make (Maxx)

Bud Harper - Wherever You Were (Peacock)

Billy Stewart - Every Day (I Have The Blues) (Chess UK)

Inez Andrews - I'm Free (Songbird)

Jackie Lee - Pershing Square (Capitol)

Sweet Nothings - Cry Baby Cry (Destination)

Marva Lee - If You Can't Be True (Atco)

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away (MGM) many requests for this and yes, I admit it's better than the Tobbi Bowe!

Sylvie Vartan - Ne T'en Va Pas (RCA, France) glad you liked it Nikki!

Charles (Mr CC Carlson) - She's Not To Blame (Bold)

The Lovemakers - When You're Next To Me (Island)

Margie Joseph - I Can't Move No Mountains (Atlantic Test Pressing)

Oscar Perry - We're Gonna Make It (Quazar)

The Invitations - They Say The Girl's Crazy (Silver Blue)

Raj - Something Inside (Oak Tree)

Barbara Lynn - This Is The Thanks I Get (Atlantic)

Azie Mortimer - Little Miss Everything (RCA)

Willie G - Brown Baby (Gordo)

The Girls - The Hurt's Still Here (Memphis)

Checkmates Ltd - All Alone By The Telephone (Polydor)

Randy Brown - I'm Always In The Mood (Parachute)

Brown Sugar - The Game Is Over (Capitol)

Willie Pickett - On The Stage of Life (Soul Spot)

James Phelps - The Look On Your Face (Apache)

Bobby Taylor - Don't Be Afraid (Motown LP)

Moody Scott - My Lovely Lady (Straight Ahead)

Oscar Perry - I Got What You Need (Peri-Tone)

Carl Douglas - Lean On Me (CBS UK)

The Falcons - Got To Make A Move (Atkins All Stars)

Basic Black and Pearl - There'll Come A Time, There'll Come A Day (Polydor)

Betty Wright - Man Of Mine (Alston)

Loveman Ronnie Stokes - Touch You Again (Philly City 12")

Grover Mitchell - What Hurts (Vanguard)

The Innersection - Let Me Love You (Group 5)

Fletcher Walker III - Didn't We (Paramount)

Jr Walker & The All Stars - Gotta Hold On To This Feeling (Soul)

I think there may be a few more, have to check and edit later.......

Brilliant weekend, thanks and well done all.

John & Marolyn.

Edited by John Al

Well a week on and still enjoying thoughts of this event.

Same here John, seem to have lost a week somehow?

As allways a stunning weekend, drifted aimlessly:yes: as usual between the modern and rare rooms, plus a spell in the club room supporting

our pal Bri Pinch representing the' Horse & Groom Chill Out Sessions' and my own spot spinning a few 'Friendship' tunes.

Highlites of the weekend for us were 'Tat's N Hampseys' Just Soul session on Saturday afternoon and Mick N Mo's Saturday Night slot in the

rare room. Sublime music :thumbsup:.

Just about all that can be said has already been written so all can do is echo the posotive comments:yes:

:hatsoff2:to all the organising team for what has to be the premier accross the board event in the years calendar, can it get any better:no:

We had to pull out early due to a bout of old peoples disease on my part so missed a couple of hours late Saturday:angry2:

Sorry I missed saying goodbye to the usual crew,............. on the mend now though:rolleyes:

Thanks to the organisers for letting me spin a few and for a fantastic weekend. Back Next Year...............................You Bet:)

M

Would like to say a big thank you and well done to everyone connected with the Bridlington weekend absolutely brilliant :thumbsup: This was the second time to brid and this year i went with a knee op looming so not much dancing for me !!!!!! How wrong could i have been because this time i found my way up to the R & B room on the Friday night all the dj's in there were top class and played tunes to die for and has for not dancing well that went out the bloody window and now I'm paying the price never mind that surgeons waiting . Had to keep out that room after Friday on the WIFES orders . Accommodation booked for 2011 this weekend is top drawer ... All the best ......Mark ( BAM )....... Oh yes and the WIFE mandy :lol:

Hey Up Mark,

It was nice to meet up again. Chuffed you had a great time mate. Hopefully catch up with you on 31st July at "Stage One Nottingham".

KTF....................... Bridgey & Linda

Thanks for that Andy. Must say I enjoyed your spot as well, even thought the black black black box remix kinda worked out ok in the end :lol:

Damn that CD! Cant believe it worked okay next time I played it! Never mind, maybe there is a new remix in the offing Black Box vs Norman Collier...