Pinkertones

Chalky

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Who and where was this first played. First recall hearing it in the mid 80's and it was alos on one of the tapes Nick Brown did (how's he doing these days) Drivellers Delights.

Yeah it's certainly a goodie Chalky,wouldn't mind one myself. Only heard it 2/3 years ago on a Wayne Hudson tape (i missed majority of the 80s ranting_1.gif )

Haven't seen Nick or Dawn for a couple of years at least. They seemed to drop off after Scenesville finished & of course their children were born & Nick was working shifts for a while.

Think I recall somebody saying they had moved out of London although I think they DJd somewhere in South East London in the last year?

Be good to see them out & about again thumbsup.gif

Dave

Social source share

Guest hudsoul

hi,,,according to the shades of soul iss. that nick brown reviewed it in, he states that it was keb who played it first covered up as the ROYAL FIVE,,mid/late 80s?? when i got my copy off butch he told me he discovered it ,but i dont know if he played it out ever???????????????

........................wayne

Social source share

hi,,,according to the shades of soul iss. that nick brown reviewed it in, he states that it was keb who played it first covered up as the ROYAL FIVE,,mid/late 80s?? when i got my copy off butch he told me he discovered it ,but i dont know if he played it out ever???????????????

remember it from mid 80`s, knew about yours wayne, also remember phil t had one too:whistling:, John manship has one also, requested it at the attic, good dance floor reaction..:thumbsup:

Still a very rare tune, 3 members of the group, Pinkertons Assorted Colours moved to the usa and recorded the track, thgen changed their name to flying machine..

Edited by munchkin
Social source share

Hi Wayne, I remember it from mid 80's but couldn't remember who etc.

Seen it now and again over the years for sale/auction, scarce record.

Social source share

remember it from mid 80`s, knew about yours wayne, also remember phil t had one too:whistling:, John manship has one also, requested it at the attic, good dance floor reaction..thumbup.gif

Still a very rare tune, 3 members of the group, Pinkertons Assorted Colours moved to the usa and recorded the track, thgen changed their name to flying machine..

wicked.gif

Social source share

remember it from mid 80`s, knew about yours wayne, also remember phil t had one too:whistling:, John manship has one also, requested it at the attic, good dance floor reaction..:thumbsup:

are you sure? if that's true, why are the two names in the scan, Eddie Gross and Parker, none of the names listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton's_Assorted_Colours

especially if the lead singer was Eddie Gross, wouldn't he be a main member of the British Group? It sounds like it might be white, but it doesn't like they are British either. Why would they move to the US, record a single, and then move back to England?

Social source share

are you sure? if that's true, why are the two names in the scan, Eddie Gross and Parker, none of the names listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinkerton's_Assorted_Colours

especially if the lead singer was Eddie Gross, wouldn't he be a main member of the British Group? It sounds like it might be white, but it doesn't like they are British either. Why would they move to the US, record a single, and then move back to England?

I'm also suspicious of the connection to Pinkertons Asst Colours also - I like some of the PAC and FM songs and found a 3 CD set that seems to have about everything they recorded, and no mention of the songs on the Queen-G 45.

Social source share

Picked one of these up in the States when I was working out there 2001/2002.

Couldnt believe my luck as been after one since the 80s/Stafford. Sure I heard this

pre-Stafford on a set of 20 tapes of rarities..I think by Rob Wigley..and it was on

those as the Pinkertones. Top record!

Any idea of value these days?

Social source share

I'm also suspicious of the connection to Pinkertons Asst Colours also - I like some of the PAC and FM songs and found a 3 CD set that seems to have about everything they recorded, and no mention of the songs on the Queen-G 45.

Listen to Pinkertons assorted colours hit Mirror mirror on youtube & listen to the Queen G 45 & tell me it's the same singer NO NO NO!!!!!nono.gifaggressive.gif

Social source share

Who and where was this first played. First recall hearing it in the mid 80's and it was alos on one of the tapes Nick Brown did (how's he doing these days) Drivellers Delights.

thats where i first heard it as well chalky. still got a load of his tapes with loads of oddball and cheap stuff at the time. chris holmes had it in the 90`s and he used to play it quite a bit. you dont see it very often. last time i saw one it was 4 0r 500 quid

dave

Social source share

thats where i first heard it as well chalky. still got a load of his tapes with loads of oddball and cheap stuff at the time. chris holmes had it in the 90`s and he used to play it quite a bit. you dont see it very often. last time i saw one it was 4 0r 500 quid

dave

john anderson had it on ebay recently, it didn't meet his reserve i think

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert