Advice On Selling

Guest For Real

Guest For Real

I need to raise £'s to start a new business and have come to the sad decision I need to sell some of my (moderate) but much loved collection...:thumbsup:

I've a small handful of in demand 70s numbers (Flowers, Essex IV, ZZ & Co) and then a couple of hundred (60s / 70s / 80s plus some deep) that Manship prices between £10 and £75 but that I guess are likely to actually sell for a lot less plus another 100 or so reissues on grapevine etc that may be worth a fiver each or something.

I haven't sold for a while so I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it: put the whole lot up on Ebay / sell to a dealer / list them on Gemm / other?

Any advice warmly received.

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I need to raise £'s to start a new business and have come to the sad decision I need to sell some of my (moderate) but much loved collection...angry.gif

I've a small handful of in demand 70s numbers (Flowers, Essex IV, ZZ & Co) and then a couple of hundred (60s / 70s / 80s plus some deep) that Manship prices between £10 and £75 but that I guess are likely to actually sell for a lot less plus another 100 or so reissues on grapevine etc that may be worth a fiver each or something.

I haven't sold for a while so I'm not sure what's the best way to go about it: put the whole lot up on Ebay / sell to a dealer / list them on Gemm / other?

Any advice warmly received.

i sold to a dealer a few years ago and it left a bitter taste to be honest, my advice would be to make up a job lot of the re-issues ,and sell the ones of value to you individually on here with details of each one ,i, title artist label, demo or issue, knowledge of current value and price your lookin for?If its on ebay my guess is you could end up gettin very little response unless some of em are in demand.If there are some in current demand, manship auctions prob get most attention.All dealers want to profit from your records as much as you do.(no offense to any but its a business after all.record fairs another option.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

A dealer will take the lot and give you a price for the whole collection, usually 60 to 70% of what he will sell them for. If you try to sell them all individually yourself you will have a rush for the indemand tunes but then may get left with the less disirable stuff at the end. One thing is for sure a dealer wont want the dregs after the indemand stuff has been picked out...unless they are really cheap.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!