Sy Hightower - Go Back Baby / I Wonder Why

Sorting through some bits and came across some mint unplayed copies of this simply amazing double sider from Hayley Records. Was a very limited press and now becoming harder to pick up. All the copies I am selling are large centre hole ones, was also done as small hole both large and small were pressed at same time.

£8 inc postage. Paypal please: sales@soulsupermarket.co.uk

Any dealers wanting a few for resale I'll do 5 copies for £30, be quick though as not got that many available!

Go Back Baby

I Wonder Why

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

this 45 should have its own category

my suggestion is - soul to masterbate to..................its that good thumbsup.gif

Definitly both sides are fu**ing brillant only £8 unissued you will be hard pushed to find many 45s at any price as good as this tuneeeeewhistling.gif

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Isnt The Haley 45 of Sy Hightower speeded up a tad,I have the Thorne Modern Lps and Sy's IWW sounds slower...i may be wrong.Wots the orig speed.

Social source share

Isnt The Haley 45 of Sy Hightower speeded up a tad,I have the Thorne Modern Lps and Sy's IWW sounds slower...i may be wrong.Wots the orig speed.

Think this discussion has been on Soul Source before...and I'm pretty sure the Hayley release is not speeded up at all. I'll phone Rob who runs Hayley and ask him tomorrow

Sent you payment for the Sy track awsome tune.

Paul.

Cheers Paul, got your payment and will get in the post asap for you.

So much praise from people for this 45 and rightly so, cheers for those that have posted glowing reviews on this thread. £8 delivered to your door for a previously unissued monster......would have thought interest would be high?? Guess most soul sourcers must own a copy already seeing as grand total sold is 3 :thumbup::yes::glare:

Social source share

Just spoke to Rob to get confirmation about this. Hayley Records did not alter the speed at all when they mastered and pressed this up :shhh:

Social source share

They were boots wernt they ???.......would think the Haley release would be kosher with regard pitch etc.

Russ

Are these Thorne Modern LPS the "Double O Soul of" or whatever they were called? Two volumes, stuff like Richard Caiton, Carol Anderson or Milton Parker on it?

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Are these Thorne Modern LPS the "Double O Soul of" or whatever they were called? Two volumes, stuff like Richard Caiton, Carol Anderson or Milton Parker on it?

Hi Benji,long time no talk,sorry for the late response, yes they are the Thorne Modern Lps..some real class on these Lps..Flurecsent Smog Sy Hightower,Edee, the list goes on..I have the Sy H on 45 and have compered the Thorne Lp recordib#ng and the 45 version is a little faster but then again the Thorne Lps could have been messed with ie pitch etc..still IWW is still one of the greatest soul recordings ever made IMHOthumbsup.gif

Edited by biggray1
Social source share

Hi Benji,long time no talk,sorry for the late response, yes they are the Thorne Modern Lps..some real class on these Lps..Flurecsent Smog Sy Hightower,Edee, the list goes on..I have the Sy H on 45 and have compered the Thorne Lp recordib#ng and the 45 version is miles faster.probably done for the Northern Dance market..me i prefere the slower orig recording.

Ummmm, don't mean to sound rude but why don't you read what I posted in post #8 before making comments on the 45????

The owner of the Hayley label has stated to me that Hayley DID NOT make any change to the speed of the track. :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Ummmm, don't mean to sound rude but why don't you read what I posted in post #8 before making comments on the 45????

The owner of the Hayley label has stated to me that Hayley DID NOT make any change to the speed of the track. frusty2.gif

Ummmm, don't mean to sound rude but why don't you read what I posted in post #10 before making comments on the 45????

Social source share

Ummmm, don't mean to sound rude but why don't you read what I posted in post #10 before making comments on the 45????

I did....and quoted it in my previous post, in case you can't see your own statement quoted (before you edited it) I've pasted it below for you and enlarged the part that annoyed me:

Hi Benji,long time no talk,sorry for the late response, yes they are the Thorne Modern Lps..some real class on these Lps..Flurecsent Smog Sy Hightower,Edee, the list goes on..I have the Sy H on 45 and have compered the Thorne Lp recordib#ng and the 45 version is miles faster.probably done for the Northern Dance market..me i prefere the slower orig recording.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

I did....and quoted it in my previous post, in case you can't see your own statement quoted (before you edited it) I've pasted it below for you and enlarged the part that annoyed me:

Well if you saw that i had edited my comments why all the fuss..

Social source share

Well if you saw that i had edited my comments why all the fuss..

Let me think....oh yes I remember now.....because when I did my first reply to your unedited post, it was unedited and as I pasted it in bold. My extraordinary ability to predict future events must have failed me on this occasion, for which I humbly apologise.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Let me think....oh yes I remember now.....because when I did my first reply to your unedited post, it was unedited and as I pasted it in bold. My extraordinary ability to predict future events must have failed me on this occasion, for which I humbly apologise.

No Need for any appols matey..have a nice evening. Graham.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!