Rob's Records, Nottingham

Hi Everyone,

I'll be coming over to the UK the first week of December and wanted to pop over to Rob's Records in Nottingham. I had a few questions before I go.

1) Based on the amount of records to sift through, if I got there 10ish in the morning, would I be through by 6ish, or would I need a 2nd day?

2) What are the hours of the shop? Is he open Sundays?

3) Does he take credit cards or just £?

Cheers!

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Fatius Bumius

You might not find him open until 10-30 am - 11am on the days he is open, if he's not about when he should be hang about 10 minutes, he'll be in the cafe getting his cuppa :)

Social source share

Been trying to find you a phone number but I don't think he's got one of those either or else if he has he can't find it, have a lookshades.gif

https://www.bbc.co.uk...s_records.shtml

got a mobil number for rob if thats any help as stated you will need a couple of days at least nothings in order anymore not like when i worked for him in the 80's good hunting had loads of great tunes from him over the years pm me if you want his mobil number

Edited by speedlimit
Social source share

Im in NOTTINGHAM saturday so will be doing my trip to Robs to look through them boxes and bags and cases and wherever else he has all his records stacked cant wait I take it he is open after his near miss with the fire next door ,

Just to add to other posts great guy Rob a fountain of knowledge im only down a few times a year but always makes time and lets you rummage away so you should have fun when you visit in December can be a bit tricky to find as its up a alleyway but if your close by most people should know it to point you in the right direction

Social source share

Wont even take cheques! Cash only with Rob

True Jim.Then he's always borrowing it out again in the shop.Top bloke.

Had some good luck years gone by,Lonnie Lester,Verble Domino,Little Edith amongst others.

Brit soul - take a hard hat and some ladders.Its like a scene from Hogwarts with stacks of gravity defying vinyl.Good luck.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'll be coming over to the UK the first week of December and wanted to pop over to Rob's Records in Nottingham. I had a few questions before I go.

1) Based on the amount of records to sift through, if I got there 10ish in the morning, would I be through by 6ish, or would I need a 2nd day?

2) What are the hours of the shop? Is he open Sundays?

3) Does he take credit cards or just £?

Cheers!

Hi,

If you go to page 4 of this thread you will find Robs phone number i listed for him when the Adjacent property had a fire some time ago, also if you visit Nottingham on December 5th Rob will have his record bar at our Venue The Federation Soul club where he is also resident dj, playing 12 midnight to 1.00am you are welcome as our guest, also i can reccomend a steak house 2 minutes from Robs Shop, Soulville Steakhouse is worth a visit foods good and you can choose your own tunes on the jukebox, anyway enjoy your visit,

Regards Mall, tel 07778797800

Social source share

SORRY MATE but Robs Records would take you 3 years to sift through, if you do find something keep hold of the fooker..

bet the place has been well hammered by soulies by now surely? or is there some bits still lurking in the shadows ph34r.gif

wish there was a shoplike this in mancr !!! that beatin rythmn is far too organised laugh.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!