Mega British Rarity + American

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------UK

BRITISH-

BEN E KING -CANT BREAK THE NEWS (Blank lable as its ment to be -yellow Atlantic demo mint you would not find a better copy

if you collect British this is mega rare Manship has never seen a copy only heard of it check it out

B SIDE TYPED TITLE ON ATLANTIC LABLE-GOODNIGHT MY LOVE written -21st Jan -AT 406

Don't grade mint normally as it been played - but its spotless out of my collection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEVEN SOULS-ISSUE

MAJOR LANCE -WANT ME NO MORE-ISSUE

LARRY SANTOS-YOU GOT ME ETC

L.CHANDLER-I CANT ETC ISSUE

L.CHANDLER-WHAT CAN I DO -EDGE CHIP NOT ON PLAY SURFACE -MARKS PLAYS OK QUITE HARD ISSUE

W.KENDRICKS-CHANGE YOUR WAYS -DEMO

SHARON SCOTT-DEMO

SUSAN BARRETT-DEMO

MICHEAL & RAYMOND-DEMO

BEV ANN- YOU GOT ETC AND HES COMING HOME-DEMO

DYNAMICS NEED YOUR LOVE DEMO

LOTS OF OTHER RCA DEMOS

REFLECTIONS-ADAM & EVE-ISSUE SLIGHT LABEL DAMAGE

EDDIE BISHOP CALL ME ISSUE SLIGHT RING WEAR

TONY GALLA -BLACK ISSUE VG++

PATRICK BRADLEY-DEMO

PLEASE SEND LIST OF ANY TRADES OFFERED AGAINST ANY OF THE ABOVE

ALL CLEAN COPY S UNLESS STATED BUT WILL CONFIRM IF ANY INTEREST

THANKS

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------UK

BRITISH-

BEN E KING -CANT BREAK THE NEWS (Blank lable as its ment to be -yellow Atlantic demo mint you would not find a better copy

if you collect British this is mega rare Manship has never seen a copy only heard of it check it out

B SIDE TYPED TITLE ON ATLANTIC LABLE-GOODNIGHT MY LOVE written -21st Jan -AT 406

Don't grade mint normally as it been played - but its spotless out of my collection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEVEN SOULS-ISSUE

MAJOR LANCE -WANT ME NO MORE-ISSUE

LARRY SANTOS-YOU GOT ME ETC

L.CHANDLER-I CANT ETC ISSUE

L.CHANDLER-WHAT CAN I DO -EDGE CHIP NOT ON PLAY SURFACE -MARKS PLAYS OK QUITE HARD ISSUE

W.KENDRICKS-CHANGE YOUR WAYS -DEMO

SHARON SCOTT-DEMO

SUSAN BARRETT-DEMO

MICHEAL & RAYMOND-DEMO

BEV ANN- YOU GOT ETC AND HES COMING HOME-DEMO

DYNAMICS NEED YOUR LOVE DEMO

LOTS OF OTHER RCA DEMOS

REFLECTIONS-ADAM & EVE-ISSUE SLIGHT LABEL DAMAGE

EDDIE BISHOP CALL ME ISSUE SLIGHT RING WEAR

TONY GALLA -BLACK ISSUE VG++

PATRICK BRADLEY-DEMO

PLEASE SEND LIST OF ANY TRADES OFFERED AGAINST ANY OF THE ABOVE

ALL CLEAN COPY S UNLESS STATED BUT WILL CONFIRM IF ANY INTEREST

THANKS

do you have a judy freeman hold on ?

regards matt

Social source share

can you put a picture of the Ben E King up to check

Sorry cant do pictures at present but what do you want to check send me your email or tel number

thanks

Social source share

did mick smith have the ben e king uk test pressing..................he used to have it

dave

Dave-Think Mick did and prob has still got a copy don't think he was missing much British have been told in the past Hammy may have it ?

I personally haven't seen another copy never got around to asking the above about it but its bloody hard when you think what people call rare soul forget Darrel Banks not a classic like that but still a nice track not really a British collector other then a few harder things that i have picked up over the years

Best

Chris

Social source share

Dave-Think Mick did and prob has still got a copy don't think he was missing much British have been told in the past Hammy may have it ?

I personally haven't seen another copy never got around to asking the above about it but its bloody hard when you think what people call rare soul forget Darrel Banks not a classic like that but still a nice track not really a British collector other then a few harder things that i have picked up over the years

Best

Chris

boxing.gif HI I CANT MAKE OUT IF THIS IS FOR SALE OR TRADE? I WILL TAKE IT OF YOUR HANDS? WORTH OF 45 HAS BEEN DEVALUED, BY WRITEING SHOULD BE BLANK? IF IT IS ONE OF MICKS IT WONT BE HIS WRITEING, WE ALL NO ANY ONE WITH ROOTS SOUTH OF THE RIVER CANT MULTI TASK, HOWEVER IT SHOULD BE THE WORK OF LYNN S THE TROUBLE & STRIFE, IF THIS IS SO IT WILL BE NEAT? AS I CAN IF CORRECT GIVE IT HER PROVANANCE IT WOULD BE TO YOURS & MY INTEREST***21 JAN IS MY BIRTHDAY SO I WILL HAVE IT, HOWEVER A MINOR CAVEAT IF YOU PAID FULL PRICE FOR TAND EXPECT TO MARK IT UP I WILL LOSE ANY INTEREST? SO WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IT contact me please, always after rare UK soul for collection I ONLY SELL TO DJsph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

NOT FOR SALE THAT WHY LISTED IN TRADES/SWAPS

ONLY TRADES SEND OFFER IF INTERESTED

WRITING I WOULD THINK FROM ISSUE AND COPY NUMBER

WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IF ANY OTHER COPY'S ? WOULD BE THE SAME

THANKS

Social source share

boxing.gif HI I CANT MAKE OUT IF THIS IS FOR SALE OR TRADE? I WILL TAKE IT OF YOUR HANDS? WORTH OF 45 HAS BEEN DEVALUED, BY WRITEING SHOULD BE BLANK? IF IT IS ONE OF MICKS IT WONT BE HIS WRITEING, WE ALL NO ANY ONE WITH ROOTS SOUTH OF THE RIVER CANT MULTI TASK, HOWEVER IT SHOULD BE THE WORK OF LYNN S THE TROUBLE & STRIFE, IF THIS IS SO IT WILL BE NEAT? AS I CAN IF CORRECT GIVE IT HER PROVANANCE IT WOULD BE TO YOURS & MY INTEREST***21 JAN IS MY BIRTHDAY SO I WILL HAVE IT, HOWEVER A MINOR CAVEAT IF YOU PAID FULL PRICE FOR TAND EXPECT TO MARK IT UP I WILL LOSE ANY INTEREST? SO WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR IT contact me please, always after rare UK soul for collection I ONLY SELL TO DJsph34r.gif DAVE KIL

THE TYPED WRITING IS ONLY ON THE B SIDE NOT THE CANT BREAK SIDE THIS IS BLANK CANT THINK ANY ONE OTHER THEN ATLANTIC RECORDS WOULD WRITE DATE AND RECORD NUMBER ON IT CAN YOU ?

SOUND LIKE YOU WANT THIS ON THE CHEAP FORGET IT HAD BIG OFFERS WANT TRADES

Social source share

THE TYPED WRITING IS ONLY ON THE B SIDE NOT THE CANT BREAK SIDE THIS IS BLANK CANT THINK ANY ONE OTHER THEN ATLANTIC RECORDS WOULD WRITE DATE AND RECORD NUMBER ON IT CAN YOU ?

Hi,

British or US Trades? I presume it Northern you are after?

regards - Al

Social source share

:boxing: Nothing is Cheap today? no my questions were genuine as my UK collection is nearly conplete as far as I am concerned, However this tune is very rare no denying that but it fits in with such items (not price wise) as Ray Marrel Derrick Christian Paradox Sue Lynn Tony Middlton, and most discoveries from 1980 onwards, as such its a missing want rare But it,s not Hoagy Lands Issue/Demo which is missing, my gist is what are you looking for? as I have 1000s of records ranging from The Playthings "when I get Home On Chatanogo wich has sold so Butch informs me For £1k Ron Keith UK A&M DEMO, PIONEERS on ICE rarer than than the Mercery origanal most US product is Big Hits from the Torch Wigan period of Northern Soul as such they are Stompers 1st rather than true rare soul, however my contacts are excellant including Mick Ady Clarkie and so on and I may just be able to get what you are looking for? and yas I am always buying Cheap If someone sat £300 I will always buy at a dealers price which is as you no 1/2 to 2/3 the sell price? Keep in touch as I may be able to get you some thing Ben E King to me is £300 Sound rare but not as rare as say a Jimmy Thomas Issue:good:

:ph34r: Dave (name your price?want)KIL

Social source share

boxing.gif Nothing is Cheap today? no my questions were genuine as my UK collection is nearly conplete as far as I am concerned, However this tune is very rare no denying that but it fits in with such items (not price wise) as Ray Marrel Derrick Christian Paradox Sue Lynn Tony Middlton, and most discoveries from 1980 onwards, as such its a missing want rare But it,s not Hoagy Lands Issue/Demo which is missing, my gist is what are you looking for? as I have 1000s of records ranging from The Playthings "when I get Home On Chatanogo wich has sold so Butch informs me For £1k Ron Keith UK A&M DEMO, PIONEERS on ICE rarer than than the Mercery origanal most US product is Big Hits from the Torch Wigan period of Northern Soul as such they are Stompers 1st rather than true rare soul, however my contacts are excellant including Mick Ady Clarkie and so on and I may just be able to get what you are looking for? and yas I am always buying Cheap If someone sat £300 I will always buy at a dealers price which is as you no 1/2 to 2/3 the sell price? Keep in touch as I may be able to get you some thing Ben E King to me is £300 Sound rare but not as rare as say a Jimmy Thomas Issuegood.gif

ph34r.gif Dave (name your price?want)KIL

You have to put this into context though; is it rarer than darrell banks, Timi Yuro, soul joe clements, jimmy thomas - yes, it is - it has to be, apart from Billy Harner instrumental, one of if not the rarest UK items - must be a grand.

Social source share

You have to put this into context though; is it rarer than darrell banks, Timi Yuro, soul joe clements, jimmy thomas - yes, it is - it has to be, apart from Billy Harner instrumental, one of if not the rarest UK items - must be a grand.

Thanks for your comments Pete someone who knows the rarity of this 45

Like i said I am looking for offers of rarer oldies or trades and cash is a possible if its something I want

THANKS

Social source share

Thanks for your comments Pete someone who knows the rarity of this 45

Like i said I am looking for offers of rarer oldies or trades and cash is a possible if its something I want

THANKS

boxing.gif HI SOULIE, OF COURS IT A VERY RARE AND VALUBLE RECORD, AND I TOTALY AGREE WITH PETES CLARITY AND OPINION? BUT ME AND PETE HAVE SLIGHTLY DIFFERING OPINIONS ON RARE V PRICE FOR EXAMPLE:- I HAVE OWNED MANY RARE RECORDS OVER THE PAST 40YRS, AND BOUGHT AND SOLD A FEW GEMS IF I REFLECT BACK ON WHAT I ONCE HAD IT SENDS SHIVVERS TROGH ME? MY PIONT IS SEEING PETE HAS JIONED IN THE PRICEING DEBATE FOR SOME RESON AND EVEN PUT A PRICE ON THIS RECORD WHICH YOU SAID YOU DID NOT WANT TO DO? I TAKE IT PETES HAVING THE RECORD FROM YOUshades.gif AS I COULD SPEND ALL DAY LONG INTERFEARING WITH SOMEONE RECORD SALES OR WANTS? PETE RELLY SHOULD NOT DO THIS SORT OF THINGking.gif ITS AS ANNOYING TOME AS THE RECORD SHOP DEALER WHO TELLS YOU IF ONLY YOU CAME LAST WEEK HE HAD LOADS OF RARE BRITISH AND REGGAE, thumbsup.gif I HAVE THE GREATEST RESPECT FOR PETE SO DONT THINK THE WORST, MY POINT IS AND MICK WILL CONFIRM THIS WE KNOW EACH OTHER TO WELL THAT I COULD OF IF I WANTED OWN ANY RECORD THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FROM MICK, I CHOSE NOT TO DO THIS HENCE NO CHAPTER 5 OR HOAGY LANDS "NEXT IN LINE" AND YES IT DOES PISS ME OF THAT I DID HAVE THEM, HOWEVER MY POINT IS I COLLECT RARE RECORDS THAT I WANT AND MY CONPLETEISH COLLECTION MAY HAVE CERTAIN RECORDS MISSING? BUT PLEASE LET ME VALUE A RECORD MY WAY I AS PETE KNOWS TO WELL THE VALUE OF THIS RECORED ALL I ASKED IS WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR TO TRADE IT AS I SAY MY LAST RARE RECORD (PETE CAN YOU HERE ME ) SOLD IT TO MICK £300 "THE UPPER HAND" ON ORIGANAL UNITY, NOW YOU MAY SAY ITS A £1K RECORD I SAY ITS A CLASSIC RARE RECORD THAT IS WOTH 3 BEN E KINGS. IF YOU HAVE A COPY I SURE YOU WOULD AGREE (Q) WHY SELL IT TO MICK FOR £300? I WILL BE INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU GET FOR IT, I THINK I GOT £50 FOE THE LP SO IT WS KNOWN AND NOT DISCOVERD UNLIKE THE VOLUMES ?good.gif

ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

boxing.gif HI SOULIE, OF COURS IT A VERY RARE AND VALUBLE RECORD, AND I TOTALY AGREE WITH PETES CLARITY AND OPINION? BUT ME AND PETE HAVE SLIGHTLY DIFFERING OPINIONS ON RARE V PRICE FOR EXAMPLE:- I HAVE OWNED MANY RARE RECORDS OVER THE PAST 40YRS, AND BOUGHT AND SOLD A FEW GEMS IF I REFLECT BACK ON WHAT I ONCE HAD IT SENDS SHIVVERS TROGH ME? MY PIONT IS SEEING PETE HAS JIONED IN THE PRICEING DEBATE FOR SOME RESON AND EVEN PUT A PRICE ON THIS RECORD WHICH YOU SAID YOU DID NOT WANT TO DO? I TAKE IT PETES HAVING THE RECORD FROM YOUshades.gif AS I COULD SPEND ALL DAY LONG INTERFEARING WITH SOMEONE RECORD SALES OR WANTS? PETE RELLY SHOULD NOT DO THIS SORT OF THINGking.gif ITS AS ANNOYING TOME AS THE RECORD SHOP DEALER WHO TELLS YOU IF ONLY YOU CAME LAST WEEK HE HAD LOADS OF RARE BRITISH AND REGGAE, thumbsup.gif I HAVE THE GREATEST RESPECT FOR PETE SO DONT THINK THE WORST, MY POINT IS AND MICK WILL CONFIRM THIS WE KNOW EACH OTHER TO WELL THAT I COULD OF IF I WANTED OWN ANY RECORD THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FROM MICK, I CHOSE NOT TO DO THIS HENCE NO CHAPTER 5 OR HOAGY LANDS "NEXT IN LINE" AND YES IT DOES PISS ME OF THAT I DID HAVE THEM, HOWEVER MY POINT IS I COLLECT RARE RECORDS THAT I WANT AND MY CONPLETEISH COLLECTION MAY HAVE CERTAIN RECORDS MISSING? BUT PLEASE LET ME VALUE A RECORD MY WAY I AS PETE KNOWS TO WELL THE VALUE OF THIS RECORED ALL I ASKED IS WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR TO TRADE IT AS I SAY MY LAST RARE RECORD (PETE CAN YOU HERE ME ) SOLD IT TO MICK £300 "THE UPPER HAND" ON ORIGANAL UNITY, NOW YOU MAY SAY ITS A £1K RECORD I SAY ITS A CLASSIC RARE RECORD THAT IS WOTH 3 BEN E KINGS. IF YOU HAVE A COPY I SURE YOU WOULD AGREE (Q) WHY SELL IT TO MICK FOR £300? I WILL BE INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU GET FOR IT, I THINK I GOT £50 FOE THE LP SO IT WS KNOWN AND NOT DISCOVERD UNLIKE THE VOLUMES ?good.gif

ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Dave -We can go on like this all day the record is up for offers that's it - Pete has not got the deal done ok

We can all say what we brought and sold gained and lost stupid money over the years it happens if you want an honest answer it would not leave my box for any where near your valuation sorry.

I am looking for trades of Rare 60's northern if it gos it gos no problem either way done mean to sound rude but that how it is

Send me your offer if interested

Thanks

Chris

Social source share

:boxing: HI SOULIE, OF COURS IT A VERY RARE AND VALUBLE RECORD, AND I TOTALY AGREE WITH PETES CLARITY AND OPINION? BUT ME AND PETE HAVE SLIGHTLY DIFFERING OPINIONS ON RARE V PRICE FOR EXAMPLE:- I HAVE OWNED MANY RARE RECORDS OVER THE PAST 40YRS, AND BOUGHT AND SOLD A FEW GEMS IF I REFLECT BACK ON WHAT I ONCE HAD IT SENDS SHIVVERS TROGH ME? MY PIONT IS SEEING PETE HAS JIONED IN THE PRICEING DEBATE FOR SOME RESON AND EVEN PUT A PRICE ON THIS RECORD WHICH YOU SAID YOU DID NOT WANT TO DO? I TAKE IT PETES HAVING THE RECORD FROM YOUshades AS I COULD SPEND ALL DAY LONG INTERFEARING WITH SOMEONE RECORD SALES OR WANTS? PETE RELLY SHOULD NOT DO THIS SORT OF THING:king: ITS AS ANNOYING TOME AS THE RECORD SHOP DEALER WHO TELLS YOU IF ONLY YOU CAME LAST WEEK HE HAD LOADS OF RARE BRITISH AND REGGAE, thumbsup.gif I HAVE THE GREATEST RESPECT FOR PETE SO DONT THINK THE WORST, MY POINT IS AND MICK WILL CONFIRM THIS WE KNOW EACH OTHER TO WELL THAT I COULD OF IF I WANTED OWN ANY RECORD THAT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FROM MICK, I CHOSE NOT TO DO THIS HENCE NO CHAPTER 5 OR HOAGY LANDS "NEXT IN LINE" AND YES IT DOES PISS ME OF THAT I DID HAVE THEM, HOWEVER MY POINT IS I COLLECT RARE RECORDS THAT I WANT AND MY CONPLETEISH COLLECTION MAY HAVE CERTAIN RECORDS MISSING? BUT PLEASE LET ME VALUE A RECORD MY WAY I AS PETE KNOWS TO WELL THE VALUE OF THIS RECORED ALL I ASKED IS WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR TO TRADE IT AS I SAY MY LAST RARE RECORD (PETE CAN YOU HERE ME ) SOLD IT TO MICK £300 "THE UPPER HAND" ON ORIGANAL UNITY, NOW YOU MAY SAY ITS A £1K RECORD I SAY ITS A CLASSIC RARE RECORD THAT IS WOTH 3 BEN E KINGS. IF YOU HAVE A COPY I SURE YOU WOULD AGREE (Q) WHY SELL IT TO MICK FOR £300? I WILL BE INTERESTED IN WHAT YOU GET FOR IT, I THINK I GOT £50 FOE THE LP SO IT WS KNOWN AND NOT DISCOVERD UNLIKE THE VOLUMES ?:good:

:ph34r: DAVE KIL

Dave I'm not interested in the record in the slightest, I'm just saying what I think it's worth that's all

Social source share

Dave I'm not interested in the record in the slightest, I'm just saying what I think it's worth that's all

boxing.gif Hi Soulie / Pete, OK you are right and I am so wrong about the true rareaty of this record, I reckon on a good day for me it would be a MIN £1K, as i no longer have many £1k records I have not got anything to trade with? I still think there are rarer records out there,ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

Social source share

I dont know If your interested or not but I have a Jobet 7inch Acetate of Tommy Good's"Ive got to get away" ultra rare in excellent condition apart from a slight chip on the run in which dose not effect play. I can always play you the record if you wish. Only two known copies this and Gingers 10inch, which he regards as one of his best records. I paid big money some 15yrs ago and I have thought about trading it for something worth while. but nothings turned up as yet. Yours is a good list so what do you think. Paul Kidd 0161 480 3843

Edited by pk 22dj
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!