The Burnley Niter

Illya

THE BURNLEY

ALLNIGHTER

THE FALCON

1, WHITTAM STREET

BURNLEY

BB11 1LW

Cracking nite with the best line up around doin the North west thax Phil. Still buzzin, Hope that Karl Herd has gets more of 100 mph gritty sounds for his birthday ava good one. some good up tempo from ANdy D and Butch, nice to here good quality sounds Thanks Trevski for the lift and the man who's every where Richard B T & T YSC ATTIC boys STeve, thank you for keeping your word and donating to Yorkshire Air ambulance and Kev I will meet you in the monster place Mansfield. Nice to meet Dale ex Yorkie living in Glasgow I am Happy great nite

ANDY

• Replies 33
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't believe that I left Burnley WITHOUT MY COAT !! angry.gif

Brains of a rocking horse, me.. ph34r.gif

AND legs to match whistling.gif

Fingers sad.gif

Fingers the main font man

We are coming across to Manchester tomorrow to Taste of Honey If someone from Burnley can bring it there and we can bring back over the Hills to YOrkshire if thats any help to you????

Andy

Well not much to add here !

Just another FANF*CKINTASTIC nite once againthumbsup.gif

With Quality tunage played out all nite and by Djs who kno exactly how do deliver and

when and with wot ! With messers Camfield, Butch , Dyson and Heard to add to the meltin pot !

How couldthe nite ever slip into mediocre even ?:no:

The crowd was buzzin fron early doors as Fred was warming us up with sum nice 70s bits !

The nucleus of the crowd seemed all there lastnite and in abudance with the exeption of Spot & Gail,Rosemary & Kyle. Who wer missed very much so !!

Also alot of first timers decided to cum and enjoy our bat cave ! I think by the look of them most will be back for another helpin.( and very welcome too)

Weldone Pa pa Phil !! Milton James next month mate:wicked:

Downside ! !The nite passed far to quickley for me as i had to leave early as i was in work for 9am !

Bring on Novembers wer i have no worries of work on the sat :thumbup:

Mike Cog

Edited by mikecog
Guest gordon russell

Well the devil certainly had his work cut out last night!!.........Full house of regulars and a nice crowd of new fans who danced the whole night away.....how the hell could they not!.....No man of the match this time it would be rude to even suggest any of last nights dj's were anything other than superb........everything you could of wanted to hear and more so much more.....How do they do it....the right dj's at just the right time,huge attention is paid to the 3,O''clock onward hours,most places tail off from 3 onwards,but not burnley it keeps on cooking the dancers don,t need a rest,just more top music rare or otherwise.The last hour is seen as a challenge.....and it,s always risen to........why? how?...........because they care my friends really care......Great to see IAN,COL DENHAM,MICK H,NEIL AND DOLLY,CHRIS WATERMAN and SHARELLEN and everyone else there last night that helped to make it rock......many thanks to you phil & co......tezza

P.S it,s getting a little cold oop north so out will come my high quality sheepskin coat to ward off the sub zero temperatures lol

Fingers the main font man

We are coming across to Manchester tomorrow to Taste of Honey If someone from Burnley can bring it there and we can bring back over the Hills to YOrkshire if thats any help to you????

Andy

Wot a TOP & kind, considerate Soulie type person you are Andy.. :good: And I fully appreciate your generosity in attempting to reunite me with said (ahem..) 'MISLAID' item of my apparel.

Thankfully, I'm extreeeeeeeemly happy to announce that - not ONLY is he Top Cat Promoter Person, AND Top Cat Mein Host & Full Thoughtful Attention to the Satisfaction of BatCave attendees Person.. He's ALSO Top Cat Priority Lost Property Uniter & Mood Lift Provider Extraordinaire Person, TOO!! is our SoulTorch bearer, MR PHIL (whom - from this moment on - I shall address as SIR Phil..) my Knight in Shining Burnley Armour :yes::yes:I THINK I'M FALLIN' IN LOVE.. :chinstroke::innocent:

He will be delivering it to me, IN PERSON - no less !! - during my coming weekend's Soul-Satisfaction trekkin' adventures. :thumbup:

(A, soon to be, lot warmer..) Fingers shades

What a stonkin' night. From the very off it was top tunage all the way, played to a knowledgable

crowd, who simply danced the night away. Also there was a multitude of Quality & Rare records on offer / for sale.

In short top marks to Phil and everybody concerned, and also all who attended this fantastic night and fantastic venue.

Regards Ricardo. thumbsup.gif

first time at burnley, enjoyed the place very much. k heard probably did it for me, opening with the cracker harvey averne dozen and then a fair few i havent heard before. enjoyed the two new ones he played too. bus back to manchester was pretty fast, took an hour or so but felt like 10 minutes! will definately be back at some point.

We all had a fantastic night at Burnley. This is THE numero uno nighter for me. Love the blend of music and the atmosphere. Loved Karl's spot, as usual and cheers to Butch for playing me the Jean Carter c/u.

Just a shame that Burnley got beat yesterday or it would have been a weekend to remember!

Paul

brilliant niter ,ill be there in november. in a scene thats overun with medeocre soul dos cross the board, multi room ect, hear you get hard hitting dancemusic and thats it,had to sit out a few favorites as my shoes were hard work on that floor,ill come prepaired next time.to many faces to name and every dj a winner,col

THE BURNLEY

ALLNIGHTER

THE FALCON

1, WHITTAM STREET

BURNLEY

BB11 1LW

Cracking nite with the best line up around doin the North west thax Phil. Still buzzin, Hope that Karl Herd has gets more of 100 mph gritty sounds for his birthday ava good one. some good up tempo from ANdy D and Butch, nice to here good quality sounds Thanks Trevski for the lift and the man who's every where Richard B T & T YSC ATTIC boys STeve, thank you for keeping your word and donating to Yorkshire Air ambulance and Kev I will meet you in the monster place Mansfield. Nice to meet Dale ex Yorkie living in Glasgow I am Happy great nite

ANDY

When my mate called off, I didn't fancy the drive from Glasgow alone and nearly chucked it. So glad I didn't. This was only my second vivit to Burnley, and the last time I came I thought it was the best night I'd been to. This was even better. There are very few places I would go to alone (probably none actually) but Burnley was worth the effort.

Great to be in the company of Joan and Tony, meet the Attic boys, and meet two absolute gentlemen from my home town - Andy and Trevski (sartorially impeccable!).

Musically just a treat.

The last 15 miles of my journey home took 2 bloody hours (on top of the previous 3) but even that was ok, as there were so many tunes still buzzing around my head.

Don't know when I'll make it back, but whenever it is, it'll be a treat.

Dale

When my mate called off, I didn't fancy the drive from Glasgow alone and nearly chucked it. So glad I didn't. This was only my second vivit to Burnley, and the last time I came I thought it was the best night I'd been to. This was even better. There are very few places I would go to alone (probably none actually) but Burnley was worth the effort.

Great to be in the company of Joan and Tony, meet the Attic boys, and meet two absolute gentlemen from my home town - Andy and Trevski (sartorially impeccable!).

Musically just a treat.

The last 15 miles of my journey home took 2 bloody hours (on top of the previous 3) but even that was ok, as there were so many tunes still buzzing around my head.

Don't know when I'll make it back, but whenever it is, it'll be a treat.

Dale

yes you didny look too bad yourself dale.

Wot a TOP & kind, considerate Soulie type person you are Andy.. good.gif And I fully appreciate your generosity in attempting to reunite me with said (ahem..) 'MISLAID' item of my apparel.

Thankfully, I'm extreeeeeeeemly happy to announce that - not ONLY is he Top Cat Promoter Person, AND Top Cat Mein Host & Full Thoughtful Attention to the Satisfaction of BatCave attendees Person.. He's ALSO Top Cat Priority Lost Property Uniter & Mood Lift Provider Extraordinaire Person, TOO!! is our SoulTorch bearer, MR PHIL (whom - from this moment on - I shall address as SIR Phil..) my Knight in Shining Burnley Armour yes.gifyes.gifI THINK I'M FALLIN' IN LOVE.. g.gifinnocent.gif

He will be delivering it to me, IN PERSON - no less !! - during my coming weekend's Soul-Satisfaction trekkin' adventures. thumbup.gif

(A, soon to be, lot warmer..) Fingers shades.gif

Fingers the Font man

I think your getting your coat back and Phil's bringing it to you and you have fallen in love with him???? :lol:

Nod twice if the is yes :lol:

Had a most enjoyable night.

Great to see everyone as always, with the added bonus this month of Dale.

Apologies to Anita for not saying hello. I was so sure it wasn't you because you are soooo thin now. Not that I am jealous or anything. Much. :lol:

Also had a lovely talk with James about dogs. We were like a couple of proud parents :lol:

Thanks to Butch for playing Diane Lewis and Just Brothers. Just Brothers tune of the night for me!

What a shame the next one clashes with USOS :shades:

Guest rosemary

Nice photo's Phil, capture's the essence of 'Burnley Alnighter:thumbup:'. Willie

Have to agree with you Willie, the photos are very good and do capture that Burnley Nighter spirit:thumbup:

Thanks once again to everyone who contributed to a night I will remember for many years. Next one is Saturday 28th November, and is being planned as I write this.

I must just thank Butch for agreeing to play everyones requests on Friday. What a spot that was.......swoon.gif tune of the decade for me, the Mighty Lovers wub.gif absolutely fantastic.

Once again, thanks for the very kind comments, let's do it again next month. thumbsup.gif

Phil.

Edited by quinvy
Guest BigPaul

Top night as usual, 'nuff said:thumbup:

Where else in the world (3 or 4 more spring to mind) can you get 8hrs entertainment for a tennerthumbsup.gif

Quality toons played to an up for it, knowledgeable crowd (bit iffy some o'themshades) of night time people:thumbup:

Was even reduced to carpet dancing at times (said to Joan "ope our lass dont see the burns":laugh:) due to it

being rammedthumbsup.gif:good:

Pleased for the happy snapper,Phil, when will they be in the Rogues Gallery:wink:

Best

Paul

PS Was a bit worried that Fingers had been extracated from the Strait Jacket:laugh:

As Willie Shakespeare once said "Alls well that ends well"

It was a great night, then again it always is!

From Fred's start through to Phil's finish top sounds all the way.

Rare, underplayed, new (to me at least), requests, plenty of "What's this?" - Apologies to those whose ears I chewed.

How do you follow Butch - Put Karl H on! Good planning Phil.

Roll on the next one, oh, Lifeline first though!