Tomangoes

• Replies 48
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Y'all

I'm in Clarksburg, West Virginia. (Long Story)

But where are you (or have you) logged in to this site??

The internet is everywhere, so with your ipod/blackberry/lappy no excuse not to be 'where its at'.

Lets have some locations............................................

Ed

Hiya Ed, Nice to hear from you mate, i'm in Rockingham, Western Australia right now. Weather is dull to say the least. Stay soulful. Tony.

Social source share

Well Tony, GUDAY

Whilst blighty is asleep, I was also thinking about some toons to go with this subtopic.

24 hours a day

24 hour service

All night long

All around the world

You know the late great Martin Buttle (Bub) used to play 'love train' at cleethorpes WG dayers, illustrating way back then that soul was reaching out across the world, and of course Martha Reeves got a few locations mentioned with her 'Dancing in the Streets'.

Keep The Faith

Ed

Social source share

Hi Y'all

The internet is everywhere, so with your ipod/blackberry/lappy no excuse not to be 'where its at'.

Ed

Hey bro

Laguna Beach southern cali-shagged from a day of footy this morning -playing with the kids this afternoon -now chilling in front of telly with a bottle of Stella

DJ:thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Well Tony, GUDAY

Whilst blighty is asleep, I was also thinking about some toons to go with this subtopic.

24 hours a day

24 hour service

All night long

All around the world

You know the late great Martin Buttle (Bub) used to play 'love train' at cleethorpes WG dayers, illustrating way back then that soul was reaching out across the world, and of course Martha Reeves got a few locations mentioned with her 'Dancing in the Streets'.

Keep The Faith

Ed

Don't mean to be picky but Bub's name was David Buttle. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Did Bub have the 'anti static' jumper? i always remember him rubbing a record across his belly. musta worked thumbsup.gif

by the way, we're in Lincolnshire rolleyes.gif

Don't know about anti-static jumper but it was a bastard of a game giving him a lift home laugh.gif

Bless him wherever he is up there.

South Lincs here also thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Currently Doncaster South Yorkshire and soon to be Swindon Wiltshire, but it doesnt matter where as long as there's some Soul good.gif

Dave

Social source share

all the way from sunny Nottingham...rolleyes.gif (but i must add i'm a Yorkshire lad ...Rotherham thumbsup.gif )

as for "bub"... what a guy, fond memories at the "tracky" club, and cleethorpes etc ...always fun on the decks as well as off...."no requests, cos i know what yer f****n want" .....and he did too, any track he played that was not "up to scratch" ( not very offten) was snatched off the deck and chucked off to one side......top blokegood.gif

pete n' susan ktf

Social source share

all the way from sunny Nottingham...rolleyes.gif (but i must add i'm a Yorkshire lad ...Rotherham thumbsup.gif )

as for "bub"... what a guy, fond memories at the "tracky" club, and cleethorpes etc ...always fun on the decks as well as off...."no requests, cos i know what yer f****n want" .....and he did too, any track he played that was not "up to scratch" ( not very offten) was snatched off the deck and chucked off to one side......top blokegood.gif

pete n' susan ktf

Yes the "Mighty Bub" was a fantastic character that the scene still misses today.

I remember at one Cleethorpes he was due to do his spot, entered the room with a massive record box & announced to us all over the mike not to get too excited as the box didnt contain any records ..... just his lunch !! laugh.giflaugh.gif

Brilliant guy!!

Ali x

P.S Back on topic .... I'm from Leeds !!

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia....cool 26 degs today

KTf

Baz

Hi Y'all

Ed

Social source share

pete n' susan ktf

[/quote

Now Bub was the only one that could F''''''''''''''''''''''kin swear on a mike and get away with itlaugh.gif mind you i would say that being one of the home boyz

Edited by Naughty Boy
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Me & Teddy are here in FOGGY Stoke on Trent:thumbup:

Ver ver ver very disapointed. Clicked on yer ShinyBlackVinyl link looking for a tasty mac and boots for Nurse Gladys and all ya got is fff f f ff fookin' records sad.gif

And no Linda covered in pp pp popcorn neither

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Thurso the most Northern town on UK mainland!

Cheers

Phil

glad i'm not the only one from Bonnie Scotland replying as i know there are loads of us Scots on here

i'm in Edinburgh

Edited by Gogs
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

at the moment in the local liabray since my computer crashed. got it fixed snd need new modem for AOL

But usually at home in Peterborough and i am glad there are more Peterborough Soulies here

Social source share

Penmaenmawr in beautiful North Wales,thumbup.gif where it's p***ing down with rain and blowing a howling gale. We're just having a cup of tea, then going to take the grandchildren down the beach. Well you've got to make the most of the good WELSH weather!!:lol:

Paul n Mandy

Social source share

hey Paul,bet it's peeing down more in lovely Betws y Coed but........tomorrow..........Barcelona,ps I am 55 toaday and don't feel a day over 80 laugh.gif

Hi John,

Yeah, but you're closer to Heaven there mate::yes: Happy Birthday:thumbup.gif, have a San Miguel (spell check) on Mandy and Me, unfortunately once in Barcelona you'll be even older::lol: (Time Zones)

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by ROCKS
Social source share

Sat in my Pod in Iraq thinking how the f*ck did this happen laugh.gif .............deep breaths........think of all that lovely vinyl I can afford when i get home.........eventually wink.gif.

Russ

Sorry for not knowing Russ. As everybody else probably does...What are you doing out there? And if it's the obvious, i hope you're not on watch as about 22 moustaches have just passed you whilst you were typing!!

Social source share

Sat in my Pod in Iraq thinking how the f*ck did this happen laugh.gif .............deep breaths........think of all that lovely vinyl I can afford when i get home.........eventually wink.gif.

Russ

What r u doing there? New to me what's Bobby

DJ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!