2010-03-18: Prestatyn Northern & Modern Soul Weekender

S&m

Had a great time me and Nicola,chatted to so many old friends and met some great new ones,George from Carlisle,chewed his ear a bit much but i think i got away with it.Thanks to Phill T who i met and within 10 minutes gave me an acetate,bizzar but very sweet,i thank you sir.Thanks to Jenny Banks for reminding me why i don't drink,and Roger for the heart to heart it was sweet.Right lets talk music,the Willingham room was the place to be only with an interval for the main reason that i go to the Prestatyn Weekender and as i said to Mr Mark Fletcher we are very lucky in life to be able to witness it all,get it while you can cus it aint gonna be around for much longer these guys are not getting any younger.The modern crowd have and must also learn from this and promote thier singers now.dont leave it to late,you dont want to in years to come look back and regret it,good luck to you.The live performance was all in all blinding,you just think about those guys are in thier late 60ts to 70ts and can belt out tunes with so much vigor.It annoys me that the pop worlds so called big names who have bathed in money through having no real tallent.You ought to get the likes of Paul McCartney or Paul Weller up on stage with them,they would'nt last 5 minutes.i thank God that i like what i like,ive been blessed.There is more soul in those old guy farts than there is in todays big money so called singers(wankers)The act that floored me was the Hesitations,the guy on main leads voice was well put it this way iff i could i would of took him back with me and Nicola to Higham and live happily as a threesome(as long as he didnt use my garage).So many thanks to Mr F Mr P and the rest of the team for doing the business.I would also like to thank Billy from Wolves in saving the two wrist bands when temptation was knocking on his door.So to everyone who we know who was there.too many to mention(that sounds a bit big headed) thanks. All our love Gilly and Nicola.

• Replies 329
  • Views 37.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

BIG thanks to everyone who made Prestatyn yet again a FAB weekender. Only downside was the knobs in the dance room who kept turning the volume up Show some respect to other people please. But i,m sure the promoters will have it sorted for next year, they normally do. Once again thanks to all involved

Best regards

Steve

Great time had by all, Thursday night was busy as always and a great time to chat....thought the sound in the main room was a bit off and did not get any better all weekend, shame....

The other rooms the sounds was great although the modern arena the volume seemed low at times , maybe switching from 45's to cd's to 12" and albums caused this ???

Mark Randle played some great sets; top set for me was Bob Jones in the house of soul 90 mins of pure class

Live acts in the modern arena were great but did go on a bit and to have both Friday and Saturday night broken by live acts did not do it for me ...for example the room did not get going on Sat till Mark Randle came on at midnight then it was time for a live act when he had finished ...Sat afternoon would be better for the live acts, I think Friday the live acts were still on at almost 3am!

Still had a great time , just a pity the modern room is not flowing and buzzing till later, the people are there but it was just not happening , but I'm sure this can be rectified

Anyway big thanks to all the hard work that was put in by all involved.

Guest gfarrington

BIG thanks to everyone who made Prestatyn yet again a FAB weekender. Only downside was the knobs in the dance room who kept turning the volume up Show some respect to other people please. But i,m sure the promoters will have it sorted for next year, they normally do. Once again thanks to all involved

Best regards

Steve

was walking past the dance room(fri am ) i think, the sound engineer was checking the decks using a track from a led zep album, first thought in my head,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats the best, sound ive ever heard coming from a modern room, each to your own i suppose

Just got back...best Prestatyn ever, didn't stop dancing...didn't stop laughing...great company old and new (mostly old wicked.gif)...Soul Disneyland...with a liberal sprinkling of pixie dust wink.gif

Had a great time me and Nicola,chatted to so many old friends and met some great new ones,George from Carlisle,chewed his ear a bit much but i think i got away with it.Thanks to Phill T who i met and within 10 minutes gave me an acetate,bizzar but very sweet,i thank you sir.Thanks to Jenny Banks for reminding me why i don't drink,and Roger for the heart to heart it was sweet.Right lets talk music,the Willingham room was the place to be only with an interval for the main reason that i go to the Prestatyn Weekender and as i said to Mr Mark Fletcher we are very lucky in life to be able to witness it all,get it while you can cus it aint gonna be around for much longer these guys are not getting any younger.The modern crowd have and must also learn from this and promote thier singers now.dont leave it to late,you dont want to in years to come look back and regret it,good luck to you.The live performance was all in all blinding,you just think about those guys are in thier late 60ts to 70ts and can belt out tunes with so much vigor.It annoys me that the pop worlds so called big names who have bathed in money through having no real tallent.You ought to get the likes of Paul McCartney or Paul Weller up on stage with them,they would'nt last 5 minutes.i thank God that i like what i like,ive been blessed.There is more soul in those old guy farts than there is in todays big money so called singers(wankers)The act that floored me was the Hesitations,the guy on main leads voice was well put it this way iff i could i would of took him back with me and Nicola to Higham and live happily as a threesome(as long as he didnt use my garage).So many thanks to Mr F Mr P and the rest of the team for doing the business.I would also like to thank Billy from Wolves in saving the two wrist bands when temptation was knocking on his door.So to everyone who we know who was there.too many to mention(that sounds a bit big headed) thanks. All our love Gilly and Nicola.

Played it yet Gilly whistling

First of all, MASSIVE THANKS to all the Organisers, the Artistes and the DJ's for a brilliant weekender :hatsoff2:thumbsup.gif

We arrived Thursday but it felt like Friday, the place was buzzing and it stayed that way all weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed the live performances of:-

Sydney Barnes

The Hesitations

Kenny Hamber

Mary Love

Stephanie Cooke

Kenny Bobien

William (Smoke) Howard

And............. "TORTURED SOUL" :yes: all the way from Brooklyn, just absolutely blew me away - WHAT A BAND - truly MAGNIFICENT - I could have just melted on the spot, they were as "Jim Carey" would say SMOKING. I just hope my photo of these guys turns out ok on my friends camera otherwise I will be gutted. Some singers/bands just hit the spot like "Phil Perry" and The "Masqueraders" and this band did exactly the same for me - they make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. AWESOME. I will remain a life long fan.

We have had an absolute blast and thanks to all my chalet friends and friends who popped in for dinner and bacon butties every day who are guilty of giving me jaw ache from all the laughing:laugh:

I was sat here falling asleep yesterday typing this up and DOH put it in events lookbacks - anyway copied it on here - I'm exhausted and in serious need of catching up on some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

We have booked for next year and already looking forward to itthumbsup.gif

Thanks again for yet another memorable weekender.

x:wave: x

Edited by Miss Wasperella

What a great weekend, after not attending last year I am well and truly back in love with Prestatyn.

A massive well done and thanks to all concerned in putting on this event.

Top live acts in the main room, can't comment on the Modern acts as I never went into the Modern Room except to use the bar as it always seems easier to get served in there.

One on the big high lights for me was the DJ's from the Twisted Wheel in the main room on Saturday afternoon, these guys were awesome and the punters loved it.

Also great to see so many friends and familiar faces.

Roll on next years 10th anniversary.

Guest Glawster

Few minor irritants about the weekend but too trivial to mention,as the pluses of the weekend by far out weighed them.

Arrived thurs @ around 2 p.m ish and got our keys straight away,an apology for no programmes but we were told to just pop back later and they will be ready! Chalet was ............, moving swiftly on laugh.gif , it was mooch time,basically set the tone of the weekend,chat , cider, choons,chat, cider,choons, ye you get the drift!

Nice to meet,chat and of course have a few beers with Tony and Sue from Oz. Then we spent what seemed like an age talking with Sydney Barnes and Kenny Hamber - a sheer joy , 2 top guys , this continued over the weekend,also meeting their families too.

Never like to single out DJs sets 'cus being Prestatyn you can never get to listen to everyone but I thought Soul Sams closing set in the Queen Vic Fri(I think) night was an absolute joy of soul music and as we sat behind the decks on returning his choons to their well thumbed sleeve you could see the impish grin on his face!hatsoff2.gif

Having missed the Friday night live acts - dont really know how that happened - chat n cider must of intervened! It brought us nicely in to Saturday - for me personally Saturday makes Prestatyn for me,it starts by listening to the FANTASTIC Midnight Hour band going through their sound checks and then meeting,photographing and getting autographs from the live acts and then listening to the rehearsals!

The "real deal" soon came round and what top notch performances these artist/es served upto us - QUALITY(Enough said!)

Sunday became a blur after the footy and unashamedly we crashed out and missed party night!! Note to self pack the pro-plus next time!

Totally enjoyable weekend spent with some top people and as always we made new friends along the way , also caught up with a few Soulful Facebookers too and of course a chat with Mike Ritson of manifesto.

hatsoff2.gif to all the organisers for a great time - see you in October!

Guest modernlass

]WHAT A FAB WEEKENDER , HAVE TO SAY THANK YOU TO THE FOLLOWING :=

FISH - MODERN ROOM BRILLIANT - ESPECIALLY TORTURED SOUL - WHAT AN ACT - MIND BLOWING.......

COLIN CURTIS YOU TOOK ME TO A WONDERFUL PLACE WITH THE TUNES ON SATURDAY NITE .. DEF YOUR BEST SET - THANK GOD YOU WHERE THEIR - YOU WERE LIKE A DOG WITH A BONE - TUNE AFTER TUNE AFTER TUNE - BLOODY BRILL.

JAMIE - AGAIN BLOODY BRILLIANT - YOU ARE A HARD ACT TO FOLLOW ESPECIALLY AS YOUR SO YOUNG...

THE TENT WAS THE BEST ATOMSPHERE YET, PACKED WITH LOVELY, HAPPY, FRIENDLY PEOPLE HAVING A GREAT TIME.

CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR, IT WILL PROBALLY TAKE ME THAT LONG TO RECOVER........... THIS WEEKENDER WILL REMAIN IN MY HEART FOREVER, TRUELY MEMORABLE.

FINALLY THANKS TO ALL MY MATES WHO ALSO MADE THE WEEKENDER MEMORIABLE

ANITA AND EDDIE ( THANKS FOR THE BREW AND CHAT IN CHALET)

DAVE H (FOR YOUR CHEEKY, SCOUSE WAYS)

SANDIE AND HARPO ( FOR ALWAYS MAKING ME LAUGH - U 2 ARE THE BEST)

JILL AND STEVE ( YOU 2 ARE GREAT - THANKS FOR THE REASURRING CHAT JILL WHEN I HAD A BIT OF A WOBBLE)

LITTLE DAVY B ( NEVER SEEN U DANCE SO MUCH)

JOHNNY ( U MAD HEAD)

ANGIE ( FOR BEING THERE)

GRAHAM ( FOR MAKING US LAUGH, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU STAYED IN YOUR BED AFTER FRIDAY FOR 12 HOURS)

PETE ( WELL 4 JUST BEING PETE)

NIGEL ( FOR MAKING ME SMILE)

DEREK AND PAUL ( FOR GETTIN ME WATER WHEN I WAS DEHYDRATING)

JULIE ( ANOTHER MAD HEAD)

IF I HAVE MISSED ANY ONE OFF, SOZ THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT MATES, ONES LISTED ARE MATES I CAN REMEMBER DUE TO BEING SO TIRED, AND SOOTHING MY ACHING FEET AND HIPS.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL INVOLVED AT PRESTATYN FOR MAKING THE EVENT EXCITING AGAIN, ESPECIALLY THE MODERN ROOM AND THE UNFORGIVING SOULFUL HOUSE, JAZZ TUNES....... C U ALL SOON X

Guest stucheetham

What an excellent weekend, my body has arrived home just waiting for everything else to return, could take a while.Thanks Andy for the dj spot was great to be part of an excellent weekender.Great mix of music in the Queen vic on fri, enjoyed Karl Rhodes spot always plays some great tunes.Sat night, redemption night, What can i say apart from fooking excellent, Jumpin joan fantastic set , couldnt stop dancing. Massive thanks to John Weston for inviting me to double deck with him sunday night it was an honour, though the decks and that mithering pissed up twat at the back were winding him up,you kept it together well John.

Enjoyed it again.Thanks to JPoole for letting us loose on the radio on Friday.biggrin.gif .Did think numbers were down a little Friday afternoon,but seemed to pick up by Saturday.

Top old nite in Redemption,but still the same problem from the funky mob next door.I guess they have better equipment in the bass area.Cranking it up in Redemption only antagonised them morebiggrin.gif .Great to meet up with like minded people.Too many to mention.

Nice to meet Dave Abbot's partner.I'm still not Cliff Steele,but didn't have the heart to tell her straightaway.laugh.gif

Thanks also to SteveL for the words of wisdom on the way home.The Big bang Theory,The Crusades,Time travel,Ghosts and UFO's all worthy subjects.

Down side was the smell in the Modern room.Like someone had washed a labrador.Not as tho i spent much time in there.

Like many of you carl and i are still recovering from the marathon niter in the redemption suite,lots to reflect on when we're a little more rested, for now though we wanted to thank everyone who played their part in the night, both djs and fellow enthusiasts, who created such a wonderful atmosphere.

maria and carl

hadn't been for 2 years and only managed to secure 2 wristbands (thanx to Tracey and Julie) last minute,so arrangements haphazard.... home and back,home and back again so didn't spend half the time there that would have done it justice!

All rooms buzzin',live acts amazing (see photo gallery),gr8 to be with our friends (welsh crew) plus other cronies from Wigan,Mancland, geordieland etc.

did wonder why that room went thump thump thump all night,could hear it in carpark near residential properties at 4 am,bet they were impressed (questioned whether this is part of our scene?)

loved seeing main room rammed fri and sat nights,need to get my feet working as they were 2 years ago now I have more time to get out,talking of which,want to book chalet for next year,can anyone point me in the right direction plz?biggrin.gif had this now,thanx to John Poole

all in all,I found this weekender bloody great and much improved with more "on the scene" in attendance,roll on next year.biggrin.gif

Edited by dancingcollector
Guest Glawster

hadn't been for 2 years and only managed to secure 2 wristbands (thanx to Tracey and Julie) last minute,so arrangements haphazard.... home and back,home and back again so didn't spend half the time there that would have done it justice!

All rooms buzzin',live acts amazing (see photo gallery),gr8 to be with our friends (welsh crew) plus other cronies from Wigan,Mancland, geordieland etc.

did wonder why that room went thump thump thump all night,could hear it in carpark near residential properties at 4 am,bet they were impressed (questioned wether this is part of our scene?)

loved seeing main room rammed fri and sat nights,need to get my feet working as they were 2 years ago now I have more time to get out,talking of which,want to book chalet for next year,can anyone point me in the right direction plz?

all in all,I found this weekender bloody great and much improved with more "on the scene" in attendance,roll on next year.:D

Moderns not for me either , I had a discussion about the modern room with someone and we came up with what we thought was played in there, one track was 3 hrs long,the other was 2 hrs long and then played on a"loop" for the entire weekender! It appeared busy in there and each to their own but when it "bled" into the main arena when the live acts were on,in my opinion, I thought smacked a bit of disrespect! Let alone the constant battle with the redemption room! - Tin hat firmly in place now:rolleyes: ( yes I know i was captured on film in the modern room last year! before someone mentions it! lol)

Guest liamb

what a brill weekend really enjoyed it there was nothing to complain about everthing was spot on the live acts was aswome the hesitations was unreal ! really enjoyed it but my legs havent lol there are abit on the sore side

KTF young liam thumbsup.gif

Guest colin brown

I would like to thank all the Djs and Collectors who gave up their time(and sometimes their sleep),to Present a Show on Prestatyn Radio.I believe the 60s side of the Radio provides a good selection of Music and of that I am proud to know the Contributors.Looking forward to October.

P.S.If there are anybody out there who would like to do a Show,please contact me. thumbsup.gif

WELL AFTER SUCH A BUILD UP TO THIS WEEKENDER thumbsup.gif I CERTAINLY WASN`T DISSAPPOINTED ONE LITTLE BIT no.gif NO SIRREE WAS THE ABSOLUTLY DOGS B******thumbup.gif JUST GETS BETTER EVERY YEARyes.gif ITS THE ONLY PLACE FOR ME WHERE I CAN CATCH UP WITH FRIENDS OLD AND NEW AND BOY THERE ARE SO MANY I WONT GO AND NAME YOU ALL whistling.gif BUT YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE thumbsup.gif THE ATMOSPHERE WAS SUPERBthumbsup.gif THE CHALETS GET BETTER AND THE WEATHER LOOKED DOWN ON US THIS YEAR WITH A LITTLE CONSIDERATIONunsure.gif WOULD JUST LOVE TO CONGRATULATE ALL INVOLVED IN PUTTING A SUPERB WEEKENDER PACKAGE TOGETHER AND NEXT YEAR WILL BE MY TENTH ANNIVERSARY SO CAKE AND JELLY WILL BE ON THE MENU AND PROBABLY A LOT OF THISbeer.gif JUST ONCE AGAIN THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS FOR A SUPERB WEEKEND AND SEE YOU ALL IN OCTOBER wave.gifwave.gifwave.gif

P.S JUST ONE LOVELY LADY I WILL MENTION ................SANDRA (WAYOUTGIRL ) WAS LOVELY TO MEET YOU TOO IF ONLY BRIEFLY IN THE LOO biggrin.gif

Edited by julie moore

Wow..what a weekend. That was my 2nd Prestatyn following from last years inaugral visit and it didn't dissapoint. As always for me the high spots are Saturday mornings listening to the live acts rehearsing and this time we caught the Hesitations. I knew we were in for a good night but I was absolutely blown away by it all.

Just going through my photos' and trying to get the best ones sorted and put away. This one was taken Sunday night (monday morning lol). It's been photoshopped a little just to try and make it a bit different. Hopefully you'll like it.

Thanks to everyone who organised and I'm now looking for regular soul nights to attend in the North West as I'm exiled up here in Stockport (originally from Nottingham)

IMGP9792a.jpg

Yes, year after year this place seems to tick all the right boxes for us.

Somebody asked me what I thought stuck out as the highlight of this year's weekender in North Wales and for the first time I couldn't answer. Why?  Because everything (especially the acts) were of such a high standard that it was good all across the board. The highlight was everything...Even the people which (mysteriously) don't seem to see eye to eye with us seemed quite amiable. Maybe there is hope for these people after all.  

Also always nice to see old friends from days gone by and taking the opportunity to make and meet brand new friends. And at the same time thinking of absent friends sadly no longer with us..

Plus an opportunity to "break out of the musical bubble" for the weekend as it were and listen to the alternative styles (and eras) of our diverse, strange, weird and wonderful world of soul I have had the privilege to be part of since 1973...

All in all, another good experience to remember.  

Edited by Stuart Bower

Yes, year after year this place seems to tick all the right boxes for us.

Somebody asked me what I thought stuck out as the highlight of this year's weekender in North Wales and for the first time I couldn't answer. Why? Because everything (especially the acts) were of such a high standard that it was good all across the board. The highlight was everything...Even the people which (mysteriously) don't seem to see eye to eye with us seemed quite amiable. Maybe there is hope for these people after all.

Also always nice to see old friends from days gone by and taking the opportunity to make and meet brand new friends. And at the same time thinking of absent friends sadly no longer with us..

Plus an opportunity to "break out of the musical bubble" for the weekend as it were and listen to the alternative styles (and eras) of our diverse, strange, weird and wonderful world of soul I have had the privilege to be part of since 1973...

All in all, another good experience to remember.

I've got to agree Stuart your post just about sums the weekend up, apart from the fact i've been priveleged to be a part of this scene since 1965laugh.gif

Pete

well done julie for spotting me amongst the crowd ,and thanks for the drink,its great to meet fellow soulsources when out and about, well bring on tavares in october i say , its an unmissable event from now on .atb diddy

The pleasure was all mine stevethumbsup.gif see you in october for a few more:beer:

A friend of mine went there on the Friday and he too had a great time, he told me. :yes:

It's great to read all these posts!

Edited by Isabel

I would like to thank all the Djs and Collectors who gave up their time(and sometimes their sleep),to Present a Show on Prestatyn Radio.I believe the 60s side of the Radio provides a good selection of Music and of that I am proud to know the Contributors.Looking forward to October.

P.S.If there are anybody out there who would like to do a Show,please contact me. thumbsup.gif

Hi Colin, I had a ball doing my two shows, I was representing Soulfusion Modern room so not a 60's track in site mate. however I have recorded my sets and they came out very well, if anybody would like copies I am more than happy to supply. Hope i didn't wake you up as i was in the chalet next to you and had my tunes playing on an amplified portable player. strangely we didn't speak this time, last year I bumped into you several times.

anyway I really enjoyed doing mt DJ sets in the modern room & northern room and on the radio too.

On a technical note, someone had been messing about with the wiring in there and neil Rushton was having problems with the Microphone not coming out over the airwaves, I had to sort it out, it was a bit of a mess in there, not sure who was on before Neil, but the microphone must have been working at some stage. anyway I managed to figure it out int time for my show.

needless to say you can put me down for October.

best regards

Neil

Can't add an awful lot to whats already been said.

Just a superb weekender.

The people, atmosphere, acts, the company, music - absolutely brill.

Great to see so many friends all enjoying themselves under one roof.

Won't do a name check as too many too list, but they all know who they are.

Always good to put faces to names so great to meet toffee lady.

Thanks to my traveling companion Marge who definitely made the trek there and back a lot more enjoyable.

But special thanks to Joy and Isis for there hospitality, endless cups of tea and most importantly there company.

Had a ball.

Roll on the anniversary.thumbup.gif

I have to say we had a great time in the Redemption tent on Saturday night. Loads of great music and laughs.

Shame about the dance floor being more uneven than last year. How we all managed to stay upright I don't know.

And don't get me started on the boom boom boys next door. WTF is that all about!

Surely something that can be done about it? Sound proof boards perhaps?

I guess there will always be some noise coming through but I'm sure a nice even dance floor would go a long way to making us feel a little more forgiving next year :D

Yet again the live acts were superb :wave:

I would love to see Ronnie Walker on here. He would take the roof off!

Guest colin brown

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your Shows.You are on the Radio,in October,on the 60s side at least.

Mystery about the Mike though.I was on before Neil and the Mike was coming out ok.In fact the 4 mikes were working.Got back to the Chalet straight after and heard Neils`Show.

Saw through the Chalet window that you were busy.Will catch up with you in October.

All the Best,

Colin.

I have to say we had a great time in the Redemption tent on Saturday night. Loads of great music and laughs.

Shame about the dance floor being more uneven than last year. How we all managed to stay upright I don't know.

And don't get me started on the boom boom boys next door. WTF is that all about!

Surely something that can be done about it? Sound proof boards perhaps?

I guess there will always be some noise coming through but I'm sure a nice even dance floor would go a long way to making us feel a little more forgiving next year biggrin.gif

Yet again the live acts were superb thumbup.gif

I would love to see Ronnie Walker on here. He would take the roof off!

shame about the dance floor being more uneven than last year. How we all managed to stay upright I don't know.

Surely something that can be done about it? Sound proof boards perhaps? take the fuse out!

I guess there will always be some noise coming through but I'm sure a nice even dance floor would go a long way to making us feel a little more forgiving next year

couple of years back you'll remember an ample room upstairs,wouldn't this be the jobby,wonder what's the reason for not using it anymore?

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your Shows.You are on the Radio,in October,on the 60s side at least.

Mystery about the Mike though.I was on before Neil and the Mike was coming out ok.In fact the 4 mikes were working.Got back to the Chalet straight after and heard Neils`Show.

Saw through the Chalet window that you were busy.Will catch up with you in October.

All the Best,

Colin.

Think maybe a cable got dislodged from the master mixer, I traced it round the room and it went along the back and into the main mixer, gave it a push home and it was working again, there were a couple of loose cable connected to nothing on the table which caused confusion.

this didn't detract from my time in there though, I have got over 35 years experience with cabling up audio equipment so go through a process of checking things in a certain order.

will be happy to do a sixties set in there

looking forward to it already.

regards

neil

ALWAYS LOVE LISTENING TO THE SHOWS , TO ME IT'S AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE !

ON A PERSONAL NOTE : I HAD A BLAST AS ALWAYS COLIN , TA 4 LETTING ME LOOSE AGAIN ! HAD LOADS OF GREAT FEEDBACK ON THE TUNES WHICH IS ALWAYS GRATIFYING SO TA TO ALL THOSE LOVELY FOLKS WHO SAID SO ...MANY THANKS ! THAT INCLUDES YOU MR MCKAY , YOUR A GENT !

CHEERS

CHRIS MORGAN

Just to say I really enjoyed my first Prestatyn. My only criticism is like a lot of folks the noise cranked up in the House of Pain....I mean Soul wicked.gif tent leaking into the Redemption room.

Cannot both the modern rooms be combined and put in the large room where the Soul Fusion room is or the House of Soul stuff be put in the Queen Vic, just a suggestion. g.gif

Tended to go between the R&B room, Rare Soul Room and the Main Room and enjoyed my time spent in all three. thumbup.gif

Loved the company of my Chalet mates me sis Lee-ann, Phil and John and Sandra Brown. Thanks to John and Sandra for the laugh and the lift down to Prestatyn. Was great seeing folk I've never seen for ages and sorry about the people I never bumped into or mebbe they were hiding laugh.gif .

Suz

x

Well what more can be said Top Drawer!! Lovely to meet up with our dear friends Sidney and Clella Barnes and there son David and then another dear friend Mr Kenny Hamber we had a lovely soulful time. Meeting Mary Love such a sweetie , along with the Hesitations. Then the Bonus of Ronnie McNair calling in and Smoke such a frienldy gentleman. What a showcase. Hats off to you Jeanne who made this possible and to Mark , John and Fish we salute you all Fantastic.

Can't buy our soul family we are so grateful to be part of it and to be asked to DJ was a great honour at such a brilliant weekender loved it. Thanks to the therapy Group and Team tarn for great company. Might see you on Thursday god willing.

Take care and see you all somewhere on this wonderful soul scene we all share.

KTF

Yocky and Jx

Ps Not forgetting the Peoples Dance champion Snake Hips Elnel !!!! Well done.