Spyder Turner & Pree 45's

funkyfeet

post-7536-1256642700337_thumb.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

"Tell me (crying over you)"

By

SPYDER TURNER

The unmistakable vocals of Spyder Turner who performs "Tell me (crying over

you)" a rhythmic piece of danceable soul with overtones from 1960's. The original

song concept was written in London, October 2004 and made its final journey to

Detroit, Michigan for completion last year. Dennis Coffey and Carl Dixon produced the

track for 'Bandtraxs Productions' at 'Studio A', Dearborn Heights, Detroit. The

arrangement was by the renowned David J. Van De Pitte and in addition the track

features some legendary session musicians from the heart and soul of the city (see

list). Dennis Coffey provides the outstanding guitar solo which uplifts the song to

another level. Spyder Turner played an important role in providing his vocal and song

arranging talents to make this project work as well as being a co writer of the song.

post-7536-12566428409671_thumb.jpg

PRESS RELEASE

"Suddenly there's you"

By

PREE

The unmistakable voice of Pree who performs "Suddenly there's you" a rhythmic

piece of danceable soul with overtones from the 1960's. The original song concept

was written in London, March 2003 and made its final journey to Detroit, Michigan

for completion last year. Dennis Coffey and Carl Dixon produced the track for

'Bandtraxs Productions' at 'Studio A', Dearborn Heights, Detroit. The

arrangement was by the renowned David van de Pitte and in addition the track

features some legendary session musicians from the heart and soul of the city (see

list). Pree played an important role in providing her vocal and song arranging

talents to make this project work as well as being a co writer of the song.

Social source share

• 4 years later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Carl Dixon

Never saw this Mark. Thank you. God, that's 6 years ago in March. Spyder may be performing 'Tell me' at Prestatyn. Thank you for stocking the record. Your feedback has been invaluable as to whether I do it all again lol! There is a strong possibility I may be recording a female Detroit overdub and do a UK pressing. If March goes down well up there with sales, I may do it...who knows.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Don't forget Spyder Turner will be performing 'Tell me' at Prestatyn and even though I will have American pressed (Archers) 45's available there, you can buy them now from Funkyfeet Records. Here are the lyrics and chords for those who like to sing a long:

post-5993-0-65973400-1392298742_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

And the 'sleeve note' off CD Baby 

https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/spyderturner3

The unmistakable vocals of Spyder Turner who performs "Tell me (crying over you)” a rhythmic piece of danceable soul with overtones from 1960’s. The original song concept was written in London, October 2004 and made its final journey to Detroit, Michigan for completion in 2008. Dennis Coffey and Carl Dixon produced the track for ‘Bandtraxs Productions’ at ‘Studio A’, Dearborn Heights, Detroit. The arrangement was by the renowned David J. Van De Pitte and in addition the track features some legendary session musicians from the heart and soul of the city (see list below). Dennis Coffey provides the outstanding guitar solo which uplifts the song to another level. Spyder Turner played an important role in providing his vocal and song arranging talents to make this project work as well as being a co writer of the song.

The official digital release date was the 1st July 2009 and in addition, the 45 rpm 7” vinyl pressings are now available from selected bespoke high street record stores, the BandTraxs website, and now, CD Baby.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Title: Tell me (crying over you)
Writers: Carl Dixon (PRS)/Spyder Turner (BMI)
Artist: Spyder Turner
Label: Bandtraxs 
Catalogue number: MFM002
Production: Dennis Coffey & Carl Dixon for Bandtraxs Productions
ISRC number: GB-XNE-08-00007
This release: 1st July 2009
Original incarnation: 21st October 2004 (first demo in London)
Recording location: Studio A, Dearborn Heights, Detroit, March 2008

For more information about the track please visit 
www.bandtraxs.com or contact carl@bandtraxs.com 

Artists and session musicians on ‘Tell me (crying over you)’

Lead Vocals
Spyder Turner

Backing vocals
Spyder Turner
Gayle Butts
Pree

Musicians
Drums 1 Uriel Jones
Drums 2 Spider Webb
Percussion 1 Dennis Sheridan
Percussion 2 Larry Frantangelo
Guitar 1 & guitar solo Dennis Coffey
Guitar 2 Ray Monette
Bass guitar Bob Babbitt
Steinway Grand Piano Robert Jones
Horns 1 Trumpet John Trudell
Horns 2 Trumpet David Jennings
Horns 3 Trombone Edward Gooch
Horns 4 Tenor sax George Benson
Horns 5 Baritone sax Mark Burger
Vibraphones Rob Pipho

Arranger
David J. Van De Pitte

Produced by
Dennis Coffey & Carl Dixon for Bandtraxs Productions

Recording location
Studio A Recordings Inc
5619 North Beech Daly
Dearborn Heights
Michigan 48127-3927

Studio A
Engineered and mixed by Todd Fairall
Assistant engineer Jezreel Santos
Mastered by Eric Morgeson

© Carl Dixon 2009

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Carl Dixon

Amazingly included in Spyders Turner's set at Prestatyn was 'Tell me (crying over you)'. Thank you Hitsville Chalky for suggesting that be included. It was also an honour to be invited to rehearsals and witness Snake Davis and the excellent band tweaking the song with Spyder. And from a commercial point of view, which Prestatyn is, I was invited to sell the 45's at the autograph signing afterwards, which was quite successful. Afterwards I had enquiries about the single and even sold a copy whilst having my breakfast the following morning the the cafe! As a songwriter, because that's all I want to be really, to have the first public performance of something I wrote at a prestigious soul event like Prestatyn was humbling. Even more humbling, by a legend such as Spyder Turner. How could all this be happening now, 10 years after I wrote the original incarnation of the song? Anyway, for those curious about the recording who may have missed this thread, the single is still available from Funky Feet who have looked after it since its release. Thank you Mark, and thank you for playing it in the main hall on Sunday evening. Lip syncing to my own song, on that massive dance floor with just two of us on there was magic.......

Social source share

Amazingly included in Spyders Turner's set at Prestatyn was 'Tell me (crying over you)'. Thank you Hitsville Chalky for suggesting that be included. It was also an honour to be invited to rehearsals and witness Snake Davis and the excellent band tweaking the song with Spyder. And from a commercial point of view, which Prestatyn is, I was invited to sell the 45's at the autograph signing afterwards, which was quite successful. Afterwards I had enquiries about the single and even sold a copy whilst having my breakfast the following morning the the cafe! As a songwriter, because that's all I want to be really, to have the first public performance of something I wrote at a prestigious soul event like Prestatyn was humbling. Even more humbling, by a legend such as Spyder Turner. How could all this be happening now, 10 years after I wrote the original incarnation of the song? Anyway, for those curious about the recording who may have missed this thread, the single is still available from Funky Feet who have looked after it since its release. Thank you Mark, and thank you for playing it in the main hall on Sunday evening. Lip syncing to my own song, on that massive dance floor with just two of us on there was magic.......

Well done Carl, really pleased for you and the artists.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert