Body & Soul At Ilkeston - Derbyshire

As its only 5 Saturdays away I just thought I'd give this a shout.

Its the first night at this great new venue. It has all the right ingredients, it just needs everyone to come along and have a party.!!

Hope you can all make it ?

Anyone ?

Body & Soul

At the Manor Squash club, Manners Road, lkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8AT

SAT 28th Nov - 8pm - 12.30am LATE BAR

Bringing you the best in 70's, X Over, current dance floor fillaz, Modern Soul, and all toonz soulful with the emphasis on dancing

Dj's on the night are Andy Riley, Kev Rodgers, Barry Cooper, and Andy Jackson

This is a great clean venue, easy to find, loads of safe parking, smoking terrace, good bar prices

Record dealers are welcome (Just let me know you are coming though)

Only £5 OTD

More info 07737705464

e mail = andy62@fsmail.net

Edited by teacherman
  • Replies 32
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Its the first night at this great new venue. It has all the right ingredients, it just needs everyone to come along and have a party.!!

Anyone ?

Body & Soul

Bringing you the best in 70's, X Over, current dance floor fillaz, Modern Soul, and all toonz soulful with the emphasis on dancing

Dj's on ther night are Andy Riley, Kev Rodgers, Barry Cooper, and Andy Jackson

This is a great clean venue, easy to find, loads of safe parking, smoking terrace, good bar prices

Only £5 OTD

More info 07737705464

GONNA BE A GUD ONE, WE.LL BE THERE. ALL YOU WHO ARE INTO SOME BRILL TOONS GET YOURSELF THERE:thumbup: MICK & VAL

Nice one John

Its got all the right ingredients for a great night

Even the bar staff at Manor are looking forward to it thumbup.gif

Andy J, Kev, and Barry all have great tunes to cater for everyone. Definately gonna be some top stuff played

Hopefully its gonna big partyshades.gif

We might even get Mr Payne from Arnold to show his facewhistling.gif

Nice one John

Its got all the right ingredients for a great night

Even the bar staff at Manor are looking forward to it thumbup.gif

Andy J, Kev, and Barry all have great tunes to cater for everyone. Definately gonna be some top stuff played

Hopefully its gonna big partyshades.gif

We might even get Mr Payne from Arnold to show his facewhistling.gif

hi andy yes we,ll be there not gonna miss a brill nite of people & sounds. thumbup.gif looks like people are up for some tops toons playedthumbsup.gif mick & val

Yeh

Its going to be me with the worried look as if the worlds about to end LOL (Oh sorry thats 2012)

Forgotten what it was like to be lugging kit around again, Hope the back holds out g.gif

Looking forward to the night though. Been getting some good feedback!!

Just got to sort DJ x out

I hope your back holds out too, think we should get Johnny H to come and help uswhistling.gif

see you all Saturday for what looks like being a great night.

Barry

Hello,

After a monster double-helping of soulful sessions last weekend, we're at it again this weekend!! You don't go out for a couple of weekends and then all of a sudden, there's flippin loads of choice (within reasonable driving distance) and so we're having another double-helping this week and this is my second portion and I'm really looking forward to it - scrummy!

As long as you're not after any RnB and can manage without Northern, then everything else, soulfully speaking, should be on offer (well, perhaps not too much reggae either, I'd of thought) - it's the very first one, so why not come along and give it a try.

Hope to see lots of you there

Kev

Thats me screwed for a "sneak-out for a smoke time" then,thumbsup.gif

Shit I'll have to cover me'sell wi nicotine patchesthumbup.gif

or sneak out when old man cooper takes to the gramaphoneg.gif

But thinking about it he's playing some nice stuff in his old age huh.gif

'Shit'

Why you not so young "whipa snapa" I oughta, but on second thoughts I think there was a compliment in there somewhere.good.gif

Best thing for you is to give up that smoke time, as no one told you it's bad for you.

then you can listen to all the good stuff played all nightthumbsup.gif

:thumbup:

We'll all do uz best ta keep ya inside all night John and keep ya in shape for all that dancin ya gunn be doin.

You reckon Ronny will be making an appearance?

Looking forward to what tuneful delights the DJ's MR Baz, Jacko and Kev have in store?

Been down to Manor today & the rooms looking great :yes:

:good:

Guest hobbo49

have a good nite andy, sorry cant make this one going to manchester for the weekend. will deffo come after the new year.Be nice to go back to ilson,and see how it has changed over the years and catch up with my old school friends and some of my old mates, say hello to debbie for me

cheers brian

have a good nite andy, sorry cant make this one going to manchester for the weekend. will deffo come after the new year.Be nice to go back to ilson,and see how it has changed over the years and catch up with my old school friends and some of my old mates, say hello to debbie for me

cheers brian

Hi Brian

Ok Bri, will do

Be good to see you down here back on your old sromping ground. Have a great weekend mate and hope to see you soon.

Looking forward to this one alot. Am sat in the office now with piles of records trying to decide which ones to take.

Don't be surprised if i arrive with a 500 box of singles and 5 people carrying 12 inch single cases.

Decisions Decisions!

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Stick a few toons in yer inside pocket just for good measure Andy shhh.gif

OR. ! If you want to bring a shipping container let me know tomorrow and i'll put some cones out biggrin.gif

Anyone ?

Body & Soul

Dj's on the night are Andy Riley, Kev Rodgers, Barry Cooper, and Andy Jackson

Only £5 OTD

More info 07737705464

Sounds like a great venue, looking forward to this, hope to see the tricky trees win first (fingers crossed) then over to 'Ison' first things first though, like Jacko said soooooooooo many tunes to choose from but only a few to play.

See all Saturday.

Barry

Edited by Guest

Yo big man have a great first nite mate i know you will sorry me & sue wont be able to make it , what with back injury and work tomorrow , anyway hope it,s a packer for you and well see you at the next onethumbup.gifthumbup.gif p.s watch out for the phantom janitor lolthumbup.gif

Ay up Mate (said in a deep voice) LOL

No worries mate, be good to see you and Sue down her some time

Thanks, we'll do our best. Will catch up with you Sun or Mon

Will look out for the Phantom Janitor & send him your best

thumbup.gif