About northern soul

Hello,

I m crazy about funk 80, soul/funk and with northern soul it s like i discovered another galaxy (sorry for my bad english). I love darrell banks first lp, i don t know well his second. My favorite songs are 125th st candy store " silent heart ", albert jones " i do love you ", argie & the arkettes " you re the guy " (so great !), betty wright " girl can t do what the guys do ", bud harper " let me love you ", carl carlton " don t walk away ", don hart & the fyve " keep on holding on ", doris duke " the feeling is right ", dynells " call on me ", electrons " it ain't no big thing ", fantastics " me & you ", fred parris & the restless hearts " keep on holding on ", gene redding " i need your lovin' ", inell young " what do you see in her ", jackie wilson " whispers ", juliet roberts " no one can love you more ", lee williams & the cymbals " love you more " (another of my favorite), little milton " let me back in ", major lance " monkey time ", sammy lee " what goes around ", shirley wahls " why am i crying ", pretenders " broken heart ", three reasons " go right on ", almeta lattimore " these memories ", that s the soul that i love ! I hope to talk with peoples who have the same preferences.

Bye

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello Limu,

Welcome to the forum!! Look forward to exchanging views and chat about soul with you.

Sorry I couldn't help on the sound byte you've sent in another post - but the best of luck. I'm sure someone out there will recognise it. As for Argie & The Arkettes "You're The Guy" - absolutely brilliant!

Gene

Social source share

nice likes Limu

Welcome to the Soul Source site, hope find it enjoyable

think third menion of 125th st candy store have heard in last 24  hours

whats the current going price for this anyone?

Pretty sure that it is still around the £150 mark Mike, I have seen a couple recently and they all seem to be there or there abouts. Not a bad flip (Hey Girl) That Keith Money reviewed in this issue of Shades of Soul more of a dancer for sure but a bit twee for me "Silent Heart" is great though ;o))

John

Social source share

Hi Chalky.

All depends if your selling or buying or what your angle is. AD and others try for a ton(and a quarter). Real world, theres ample copies about now, lets face it 80 is the right number. So, if you're buying Mike, now you know. You'll find it on ebay for this or less.

Andy K

Not just AD Andy, I haven't listed one for Andy for awhile, (famous last words);-) See it in boxes and lists usually for a minimum of £125. Certainly not seen one for £80. Best of luck if you can get one at that price :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!