Sunday 3 Til 8 Pm

Citizen P

It must be me, cos I see the trend for these Sunday afternoon do's spreading, but I can't see the attraction meself.

Sunday is normally, for me, the day I spend with the family after grafting all week. So by the time we've done what we want most of the afternoon's gone.

There used to be a couple of Sunday night do's 7 til 11(ish) I enjoyed, but they're rather thin on the ground nowadays.

As I say, it must just be me.

Tony

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest BigPaul

After a good nighter,i can't hack these Sunday sessions.

Must get to one soon,its on my radar.thumbsup.gif

Fish of the Week - Pollacks.Nice with chips,mushy peas and a pint.(Caffrey's).

Note to poster, please dont have above, before trip tp Lifeline Saturdaywhistling.gif

Social source share

Guest POTTERIESPECK

ALL- DAYERS ON A SUNDAY WERE APLENTY IN THE SEVENTIES. I BET THERE WERE PLENTY OF THE OWD F*C*RS THIS SITE WHO REGULARY WENT TO A ALL-NIGHTER ON A FRIDAY, THEN ANOTHER ALLNIGHTER ON SATURDAY NIGHT, THEN ROUND THE WEEKEND OF WITH AN ALL-DAYER ON SUNDAY [ then spend half of Monday heaving me guts up at work with nowt but air comimg out because i had'nt hardly ate f*c* all over the weekend. Used to 10st - 7lbs on a Friday and by Monday morning was 10st- 00lbs. Come Friday back to 10-7 again.The ultimate Weekends were the bank holiday ones ,when !!! im sure plenty of us would push out bodies and heads to the limits by attending one of the many Monday All-DAYERS that were in abbundance in the mid to late 70's. Used to cope quite well with the 3 + 4 event Weekends, but the ones that used to realy f*k me up - were the ones where i'd go down to watch Stoke on the Saturday afternoon. """"""!!NOW those were WEEKENDS and bearing in mind a lot of the sounds i danced to of that period were uptempo { Stompers }. But to many who did the same as meself , would we had have had it any other way ? we all no the answer to that

Social source share

I confess!! I go to the wheel for the Sunday sessions and do enjoy them, however do think they're over too soon (3-8,) although doesn't stop me staying out enjoying the company of other soulies in the pub next door afterwards. beer.gif During the late 70's did Wigan then straight onto an all dayer many times and looked like death warmed up!!

Social source share

ALL- DAYERS ON A SUNDAY WERE APLENTY IN THE SEVENTIES. I BET THERE WERE PLENTY OF THE OWD F*C*RS THIS SITE WHO REGULARY WENT TO A ALL-NIGHTER ON A FRIDAY, THEN ANOTHER ALLNIGHTER ON SATURDAY NIGHT, THEN ROUND THE WEEKEND OF WITH AN ALL-DAYER ON SUNDAY [ then spend half of Monday heaving me guts up at work with nowt but air comimg out because i had'nt hardly ate f*c* all over the weekend. Used to 10st - 7lbs on a Friday and by Monday morning was 10st- 00lbs. Come Friday back to 10-7 again.The ultimate Weekends were the bank holiday ones ,when !!! im sure plenty of us would push out bodies and heads to the limits by attending one of the many Monday All-DAYERS that were in abbundance in the mid to late 70's. Used to cope quite well with the 3 + 4 event Weekends, but the ones that used to realy f*k me up - were the ones where i'd go down to watch Stoke on the Saturday afternoon. """"""!!NOW those were WEEKENDS and bearing in mind a lot of the sounds i danced to of that period were uptempo { Stompers }. But to many who did the same as meself , would we had have had it any other way ? we all no the answer to that

F**kin great times, it was great being young back than.

If you do 2 nighters or a weekender now it takes all week to recover.

Having said that it is only in the last 4 or 5 years that I have had to slow down.thumbsup.gif

P.S. I stopped going to the football 10 years ago.

Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

not sure why the wheel sundays has these times but could be todo with people travelling from all over and wok etc Ill ask the question on there forum.

Social source share

I confess!! I go to the wheel for the Sunday sessions and do enjoy them, however do think they're over too soon (3-8,) although doesn't stop me staying out enjoying the company of other soulies in the pub next door afterwards. beer.gif During the late 70's did Wigan then straight onto an all dayer many times and looked like death warmed up!!

My wife often sez to me-Have a word with your Daughter, she doesn't come in till 5.

How can I???

I used to go out Friday and come back Monday.ohmy.gif

However, like you say, sat in Pub till later, my point is why not start later and finish later??

I don't see the attraction of the afternoon do- it's not a Dayer and it's not a Soul night.

Ah Well.

T

Social source share

Guest spudmurphy

the wheel is the forerunner of all these events and they can only have the venus till 8 or 9 and people have to get home ect, it all boils down to a hard boiled egg

Social source share

ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh happy dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!