Acts You Still Like To See

Steve W

o'jays and jerry butler are mine - anybody else got a soul wish list - mind you Chapter 8 next jan is a highlight

I always feel a little bit envious when all these open air summer rock festivals are going on with a big roster of artists to choose from - as with the recent BBC electric proms granted Smokey was good but dont you wish you could choose 1 big superstar soulie to come over and play with an orchestra like that

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

o'jays and jerry butler are mine - anybody else got a soul wish list - mind you Chapter 8 next jan is a highlight

I always feel a little bit envious when all these open air summer rock festivals are going on with a big roster of artists to choose from - as with the recent BBC electric proms granted Smokey was good but dont you wish you could choose 1 big superstar soulie to come over and play with an orchestra like that

O'JAYS for me.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

O'JAYS for me.thumbsup.gif

Saw the O'Jays at Jacksonville Coliseum in 1978. Also on the bill were Bunny Sigler and Sun.

I didn't expect it, but it would have been nice to hear "I Dig You Act", "Lipstick Traces", or "Workin' On Your Case" from The O'Jays, and "Girl Don't Make Me Wait", or "Follow Your Heart" from Bunny. Unfortunately, they only sang the successful 70's crapwhistling.gif . as for Sun, I was a northern soulie, don't want any of that Jazz Funk crap!shades.gif .

I would probably enjoy the experience now.

Paul

Social source share

I would love to see Deon Jackson perform live.....although I appreciate there's very little chance of it ever happeningsad.gif

Hi Wilxy,

Deon was in my top 3 live acts to see and we nearly made it happen. He's a nice guy and I haven't given up hope yet but can't see him doing it in the foreseable future. Buy hey.......never say never eh? :thumbup:

Social source share

I've seen quite a few of the 'wanted' acts including The OJays, Jerry Butler, Jimmy Burns, Little Anthony etc and have enjoyed every one of them. Always been a sucker for live performances and try to get to as many as possible. If I had to choose an act to see that I haven't already seen it would have to be: Jimmy Raye.

Imagine hearing "Philly Dog Around The World" at the Main Hall in Prestatyn backed by the Midnight Hour Band.

John, Bernie.....get to it lads.... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest welshruss

Off topic.....sorry - Got trapped in a lift once with Billy Paul...just me and him....very nice chap indeed,but he kept farting ! I kid you not.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!