Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery

Reg Scott

I don't know what you people think, but I was pretty amazed at the latest price Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery fetched on ebay the other day.

Now I know that Mike (thatgirl75) has a pretty high profile and attracts alot of bidders, and therefore high prices.

I also acknoledge know this track is popular at the moment but 24 Bids and a sale price of £224.06 - that seems steep to me. :thumbup:

I suppose it's the usual case of popularity driving scarcity as opposed to rarity.

Doubtless, it's a nice track but you can pick up a copy Darrow Fletcher - What Have I Got Now / Sitting There That Night - Jacklyn for a lot less.

It just goes to show what a price premium a prominent seller can command!

Regards.. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:thumbup:

I don't know what you people think, but I was pretty amazed at the latest price Darrow Fletcher - My Young Misery fetched on ebay the other day.

Now I know that Mike (thatgirl75) has a pretty high profile and attracts alot of bidders, and therefore high prices.

I also acknoledge know this track is popular at the moment but 24 Bids and a sale price of £224.06 - that seems steep to me. :g:

I suppose it's the usual case of popularity driving scarcity as opposed to rarity.

Doubtless, it's a nice track but you can pick up a copy Darrow Fletcher - What Have I Got Now / Sitting There That Night - Jacklyn for a lot less.

Regards.. :thumbsup:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

WITHOUT LOOKING, THE ITEM MUST'VE BEEN AT LEAST 5 MINTY WHITE DEMOS OF THIS. :huh:

MIKE MUST BE RUBBING HIS MITS WITH THESE GULLABLE IJITS.

BRI.

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

ohmy.gif

ohmy.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

WITHOUT LOOKING, THE ITEM MUST'VE BEEN AT LEAST 5 MINTY WHITE DEMOS OF THIS. huh.gif

MIKE MUST BE RUBBING HIS MITS WITH THESE GULLABLE IJITS.

BRI.

As i'm old I was lucky enough to be able to buy this for pennies in the 70s but surely even now it's only a 30 quid record ???????

Edited by SHSDave
Social source share

This is incredible............i,ve got 3 copies..2 mint 1 vg.

I honestly thought it was only a £20er.....or even £10 to £15 ohmy.gif ..

SO THAT'S WHERE THEY ALL ARE RUSS :lol: .........

REALISTICALLY :rolleyes: SEEN EM FOR SALE @ 4O- 50 QUID. WHAT SHOULD BE A REALISTIC PRICE FOR A DECENT W/D COPY?

BRI PINCH.

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

SO THAT'S WHERE THEY ALL ARE RUSS :yes: .........

REALISTICALLY :rolleyes: SEEN EM FOR SALE @ 4O- 50 QUID. WHAT SHOULD BE A REALISTIC PRICE FOR A DECENT W/D COPY?

BRI PINCH.

Bri

What should be resonable for the not often seen w/d copy - probably £75..

What you'd get if you put on Mike's next sale..

Who knows :lol:

Regards..

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fabsoul69

https://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390101886493#ht_713wt_813

I also acknoledge know this track is popular at the moment but 24 Bids and a sale price of £224.06 - that seems steep to me. :wave:

Regards.. :wicked:

Social source share

lot of weird things happened last months at ebay........

crawlling up a hill (John Mayall) for 300 pounds

thanks mr postman (Bobby king) for 500 dollars

catalogue is very big. the result is.............

Give your spare copies to Mike to sell them for you and you can get the best prices :wicked:

Social source share

If you want the REAL thing, we're putting Darrow on stage in NYC in late January, check the events listings for details, and yes, we've agreed on the playlist and My young misery, What have I got now and all your other huge favourites are gonna be belted out, plus it's Darrow's birthday that night too so come celebrate with him!

Social source share

Check this out

After listing this three times I finally sold this for £16.09p only for the track to get broken by our illustrious post office, i then took my own copy out of my box and forwarded this so two tunes £16.09.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180421623412

wouldn't have minded the £200+ just to cover the P&P and the f****d tune

Its now residing in spain BTW

Geeoooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson
Social source share

Guest Brett F

If you want the REAL thing, we're putting Darrow on stage in NYC in late January, check the events listings for details, and yes, we've agreed on the playlist and My young misery, What have I got now and all your other huge favourites are gonna be belted out, plus it's Darrow's birthday that night too so come celebrate with him!

Wow Darrow must be around 19 now............thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!