St Teresas Southport

Just superb all night didn't want it to end.

Big Phil with trick or treat goodies and impromtu ploughmans lunch.

Good to see Fob John, Tony and Joan and an appreciative crowd

The Barnoldswick massive and travelers from Wolverhampton too.

Thanks to Paul for the invite.

Ohh yeah the music wasn't bad either.

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Sean Haydon

Despite the Friday night M6 traffic and the 3 hours travelling time, we all agreed we had a great night. A brilliant blend of music played by all DJ's and a warm friendly crowd.

As our friend Wagsy said when we got back in the car, "We felt privileged to be there, Great music, Great people, Great little venue, Great Atmosphere". What more do we want?

Well done Paul and to everyone concerned in making the night so special.

Thank you, Sean

I'd echo everything said so far; really enjoyable nightthumbup.gif

Great venue, some of the friendliest folk and best company you'll find anywhere and an excellent blend of tunes from all eras, from the dog rare to the 'why doesn't this get played out anymore'.

If you ain't been yet get yourself to the next one - roll on 2010.

Phil

ps. If for no other reason, this venue is worth travveling for hours to get to for the "ploughman's lunch" in a bag! I may have lived a sheltered life but I've never encountered pub-style hospitality on this scale anywhere: crackers, cheese, spreading tool and,best of all, in a separate bag (so as to avoid any cross-contamination, obviously) three pickles. Absolute geniusyes.gif

pps. Thanks Phil, Ged and Ian for Edith Brown, Empires and Sweets: that's three nice little tunes for starters and the whole night was of similar quality. Ave itthumbup.gif

Once again really enjoyed Southport always a pleasure to DJ with Phil K & Fred K & mi buddy Ged n Nige lots of quality tunes played and as always

lots o laughs when sat with mi good friends Phil T , Jumpin Jellybean Joan & Tony great pity i had to finish at 12-30am the nite was still

going strong when i had to finish off and had to make do withgoin to Mc Donalds where Jacko polished off a big mac meal 3 cheeseburgers and a

chickin burger in the back of mi car yes.gif I told him hes a better burger muncher than DJlaugh.gif

xx Ian C

Despite the Friday night M6 traffic and the 3 hours travelling time, we all agreed we had a great night. A brilliant blend of music played by all DJ's and a warm friendly crowd.

As our friend Wagsy said when we got back in the car, "We felt privileged to be there, Great music, Great people, Great little venue, Great Atmosphere". What more do we want?

Well done Paul and to everyone concerned in making the night so special.

Thank you, Sean

Ta for the lift sean,really glad you talked me in to going along!

This is a great little club which has a great music policy unlike most soulnites playing the top 500!

And only 25 miles from my house.No DJ of the nite award from me,they wer all brill!

Fantastic friendy crowd, well alot of the same people you see at all good nites really.

Keep up the same Paul and it cant go wrong mate,less bums on seats for the more appreciative appetite IMOthumbsup.gif

Yes I will definately be back again,thoroughly enjoyed the whole nite:thumbup:

Mike Cog

post-11211-12570540803931_thumb.jpg

well ,sayin i wor supposed to be going,we had a proppa nite.

6hrs in a car,wiv mr..mrs singh..1 hour in a buzza,,it was how it used to be.PROPPA.

Thanx to LOCAL LAD KEVIN,AND THE UDDER GUYS FOR THANKIN US AND WISHIN US A SAFE JOURNEY..

CLASS. GREAT DJS,GREAT PEOPLE,WELL THATS SOUL.

ANY DJIN SPOTS LET US NO,WOULD LUV TO GEE YA SUM BLACK COUNTRY SOUL..

PS MY MATE WANTED TO CUM BUT EES .BORIN..SOS AL.

post-11211-12570540803931_thumb.jpg

well ,sayin i wor supposed to be going,we had a proppa nite.

6hrs in a car,wiv mr..mrs singh..1 hour in a buzza,,it was how it used to be.PROPPA.

Thanx to LOCAL LAD KEVIN,AND THE UDDER GUYS FOR THANKIN US AND WISHIN US A SAFE JOURNEY..

CLASS. GREAT DJS,GREAT PEOPLE,WELL THATS SOUL.

ANY DJIN SPOTS LET US NO,WOULD LUV TO GEE YA SUM BLACK COUNTRY SOUL..

PS MY MATE WANTED TO CUM BUT EES .BORIN..SOS AL.

glad you made it home....just a pity the so called local soul fans cant travel 20mins down the road and you turn up after a 3 hr drive hope to see you next time....kev

Spot on with everything that's been said. A great night of top quality Soul that you would be hard pushed to find all wrapped up together, as it was, with a great atmosphere and a great crowd of appreciative folks.

Well done Paul on getting together such a great line-up of talent. The music was awesome. Loved every minute of the night.

Keep it coming

thumbup.gif

First of all my apologies for only just getting time to answer such nice positive comments.

So here goes:-

A special big thank you to all the people who travelled a long way along with everyone else who attended.

Also a massive thanks to Phil K, Ged Parker, Fred Kroll and Ian Cunliffe and not forgetting Nigel and Gary.

I would like to take this opportunity to say here at St Teresa's we have decided we may not carry on on a monthly basis. In order to keep it special with an already busy events calendar we may be going to go to every 2 or 3 months and give you real quality music played by the countries finest DJ's making us different from your average soul night.

Thanks once again to everyone who came and made this such a good night.

Paul

Edited by steptoe

Phew! what a weekend, spent most of today [sunday] in bed. sleep3.gifsleep3.gif Can't stand up without making stupid groaning type noises. rolleyes.gif

Very enjoyable night on Friday, especially when Sean, Coggy & the rest of the guy's from the Midlands turned up to swell the numbers. Brilliant company, with much laughter and dancing.

Very pleased for Paul, who is in it for the right reasons, and wants to keep going forward, just like the rest of us 5%ers. Well done mate.

On a personal note, I was genuinely moved, that so many of my friends traveled to support myself and Fred. Much appreciated.

Phil.

Edited by quinvy
  • 2 weeks later...