• Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That's ok, I don't have any boots...whistling.gif

Thanks for the text...wink.gif

SERIOUSLY SIAN ASK PHIL ABOUT 'MULVANEYS' ALSO OLAFS FAVOURITE BAR !

ANYROAD UP THINGS ARE FALLING INTO PLACE SO LOOKING LIKE A GROOVETASTIC SHINDIG IS IN THE OFFING ...GONNA BE BUSY ON THE NORTHWEST FRONTIER WITH BURNLEY & BEAT BOUTIQUE FRIDAY, TADCASTER & GREATSTONE & KEELE SATURDAY THEN OUR MAD WEE OFFERING ON SUNDAY ....MORE LIKE A SOUL-SURVIVAL COURSE whistling.gif

CPTN OUTWARDBOUND PORTSIDE AND HOME ! thumbsup.gif

Well, just over the week to go, and the rest of the Irish dj's are hitting Amlych,

but we're being good and saving ourselves for the "Biggie in Hellfire"or maybe

"The Boogie in Hellfire" - whichever.....

And then I discover i'm stuck in between Woody, Mrs. Soul, Spagetti and Dave

Rivers............... Oooooer, I don't know what to say missus!!!!

To say that we're looking forward to it, well, that would be an understatement

Well, just over the week to go, and the rest of the Irish dj's are hitting Amlych,

WE COULDN'T MAKE AMLLWCH ...... BLEEDIN COLDS GOT US AND NEED TO BE WELL FOR THE FESTIVE MADNESS ! PLUS FAMILY STUFF TO DEAL WITH BEFORE THE LUNACY OF YULETIDE !!!!!

YEP GONNA BE 'BOOGIELICIOUS' ...... GETTING READY FOR THE GET-DOWN AS WE SPEAK ! NOT A BAD PLACE TO BE STUCK ESPECIALLY IF THE SNOWS SET IN...PLENTY OF BRANDY & MINCE-PIES SHOULD SEE US THROUGH TO THE SPRING !!! IT IS GONNA BE A TAD INTIMATE IF EVERYONE SHOWS ...BUT HEY! IT'S CHRISTMAS.....A BIT OF PHYSICAL CONTACT & CRACKER-PULLING IS DE-RIGEUR ! THINK THAT MEANS 'ESSENTIAL' OR 'MANDATORY' OR COMPULSORY' OR SOMETHING OR OTHA !!!! ANYWAY 'IT'S THE LAW'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN CRACKAS thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

looking forward to this now...busy weekend what with 'Out Of The Blue' at the Sally on Saturday...then up with the larks for the first set :thumbup:

Good thing is my stint at the Belfry isn't until late on so I might be able to pop into town to do my crimbo shopping inbetween :thumbup::shades:

looking forward to this now...busy weekend what with 'Out Of The Blue' at the Sally on Saturday...then up with the larks for the first set laugh.gif

Good thing is my stint at the Belfry isn't until late on so I might be able to pop into town to do my crimbo shopping inbetween whistling.gifshades.gif

Plenty of vinyl on sale in The Bellfry so there ya go Beeks .... all your Christmas Present dillemas solved whistling.gif

Cptn M thumbsup.gif

HEY JIM ..HOPE YOU'VE PURCHASED A SUITABLY FESTIVE SHIRT FOR 'THE HELLFIRE BOOGIE' COMPETION whistling.gif

CPTN STRICTLY COME-DANCIN-WHO SEZ BRITAINS GOT NO F*****N TALENT thumbsup.gif

So are we ready for it Trish & Jim Just 1 week to go Less than that now

Beeks as Chris said plenty on offer at the Hell Fire & the tunes every body will play Will make yours & soulies mouth water So bring a pen & paper Lol

HEY JIM ..HOPE YOU'VE PURCHASED A SUITABLY FESTIVE SHIRT FOR 'THE HELLFIRE BOOGIE' COMPETION whistling.gif

CPTN STRICTLY COME-DANCIN-WHO SEZ BRITAINS GOT NO F*****N TALENT thumbsup.gif

Suitably festive shirt Chris??? Oooh yes mate, one with a volume control

and everything. Hope there's no festive shenanigans with the flights tho'

cos we don't get in til about 11.30am and then there's the trip from the

airport.......

Nothing to worry about, we'll be there!!

I HAVE FAITH IN YOU ! THEY'LL BE SHENNANIGANS APLENTY WHEN YOUS GAELIC SOULFIENDS HIT THE HELLFIRE CLUB FOR SURE !!!!!!!!thumbsup.gif

Hoping to make it..babysitter permitting....although I may bob along on my own as Cat from Chester is up...you know me C&C I sometimes make it...save me a chair next to Carlos :-)

HOPE YA CAN MAKE IT !! IS THAT A CHAIR FOR THE DAY OR THE AFTER-DO wicked.gif CARLOS GONNA BE IN MEXICO BY THEN BUT WE COULD HAVE A SATELLITE LINK-UP !!!

CHRIS thumbsup.gif

Guest Blackwingedangel

Already got this down as a must come...thumbup.gif

You'll have to be getting rid of one of those big tables downstairs or you'll have xmas merry makers dancing on them...laugh.gif

Fed upski I cant really make this....have a 5pm rendez-vous in this neck of the woods so 2.5 hours travelling there and back wouldnt really work even if I tried would it?sad.gif See you the night before I hope Mrs?

Have a fab time Chris...line up is excellent!thumbup.gif

Gail

Anyone who is coming up early for this from out of town is welcome to come to 'Out Of The Blue' on the Saturday night at the Salutation pub...free R&B all night long....just PM me and i'll meet you in town thumbsup.gif

Suitably festive shirt Chris??? Oooh yes mate, one with a volume control

and everything. Hope there's no festive shenanigans with the flights tho'

cos we don't get in til about 11.30am and then there's the trip from the

airport.......

Nothing to worry about, we'll be there!!

Looking forward to my xmas kiss Jimmy laugh.gif .. you are so free with your lips at soul events..

Look forward to catching up mate..

Fed upski I cant really make this....have a 5pm rendez-vous in this neck of the woods so 2.5 hours travelling there and back wouldnt really work even if I tried would it?sad.gif See you the night before I hope Mrs?

Have a fab time Chris...line up is excellent!thumbup.gif

Gail

WE'LL MISS YA GAIL BUT CYA SOON !!!!!!!!!!!

CHRIS XXX

just sorted out the travel arrangements - can get there just in time (2pm) :thumbup: , though last train back to 'beyond yonder' means we'll have to miss the grand finale :mellow:

********** NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB PRESENTS NORTHERN & RARE SOUL WEEKENDER @ SPA COMPLEX, SCARBOROUGH

RESTORED VICTORIAN BALL ROOM, PLUS 2ND RARE SOUL ROOM

15-17 OCTOBER 2010

Edited by andybellwood

Chris

Mel and myself, depending on how much snow is on the ground, should be there Midafternoon just to see what surf shirt you posing in, will I need sun glasses??? Are Man City @ home, If so put a tenner on them to win as they seem to win when I come across, as long as the are not playing the :thumbup: Yids . Looking forward to having aright good laff :thumbup: and here some cracking sounds c ya soon

Andy & Mel

Please don't blame me if Man City loose Please bet responsible, you can loose if ya teams playing SPURS

just sorted out the travel arrangements - can get there just in time (2pm) thumbup.gif , though last train back to 'beyond yonder' means we'll have to miss the grand finale mellow.gif

********** NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB PRESENTS NORTHERN & RARE SOUL WEEKENDER @ SPA COMPLEX, SCARBOROUGH

15-17 OCTOBER 2010

WE KICK-OFF AT 12 SIR BELLWOOD ....BUT WILL COVER !!!!!!!! TRAINS BACK? WELL THERE'S ALWAYS THE INSTANT LOOK-BACK PARTY whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Chris

Mel and myself, depending on how much snow is on the ground, should be there Midafternoon just to see what surf shirt you posing in, will I need sun glasses??? Are Man City @ home, If so put a tenner on them to win as they seem to win when I come across, as long as the are not playing the elvis.gif Yids . Looking forward to having aright good laff cheese1.gif and here some cracking sounds c ya soon

Andy & Mel

Please don't blame me if Man City loose Please bet responsible, you can loose if ya teams playing SPURS

YER MAD AND RIGHTLY SO ...Y'ALL BE IN GUD COMPANY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

BEARSOUL & FRIENDS PRESENT

A TASTE OF HONEY

XMAS BONANZA

SUNDAY DECEMBER 20TH

INC : DON'T SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS

@ THE HELLFIRE CLUB MANCHESTER M9 5FF

MIRTH , MAYHEM , MINCE-PIES AND SOME TOP PURVEYORS OF GROOVETASTIC SOULTASTIC TUNES !!!

ALL-DAY GOOVATHON ! COME AND KICK OFF CRIMBO IN STYLE 12 PM - 11 PM DOOR TAX : £ 5

YOUR DISC-JOCKEYS ALREADY CONFIRMED : KARL HEARD . SOUL SAM . MALAYKA (BAMBERG SOUL SHAKERS). DAVE THORLEY ( MR TOPDOG HIMSELF) MARIA WILLINGHAM & SPECIAL GUEST ! . JOHHNY FINGERS . SIR KENNETH AITCHISON . CHRIS MORGAN . NORTHERN NEV . ADY POUNTAIN . PHIL SHIELDS . DAVE RIMMER . LOU & WOODY AKA MR & MRS SOUL . DAWN CARMAN . STU CHEETHAM .COLIN WOOD . JIMMY MACK . ANDY BELLWOOD . MATT SMART . PETER JAY . LITTLE AVE . STEVIE Z . JO WALLACE . PAUL TP . CHIC . BEEKS . PAUL HAVEKIN . BRETT FRANKLIN . DAVE RIVERS . KILLA .

TWO FLOORS . SLEIGHBELLS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE & ALL THAT FESTIVE MALARKEY MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW !!!

WWW.BEARSOUL.MOONFRUIT.COM WWW.HELLFIRECLUBS.COM

WE KICK-OFF AT 12 SIR BELLWOOD ....BUT WILL COVER !!!!!!!! TRAINS BACK? WELL THERE'S ALWAYS THE INSTANT LOOK-BACK PARTY whistling.gifwhistling.gif

thanks Chris - not now being able to drive has its (dis)advantages - 'the train takes the strain', but unfortunally there's no earlier or later ones on Winter Sundays .... sad.gif

15-17 OCTOBER 2010

Guest Brett F

Just need to get in touch with that French geezer Monsieur Havakin, to arrange a pick up at the station, then with all guns blazing, i expect total anarchy and chaos as is usual at these savage and harsh Hellfire soul dayers...................... I believe last time i attended one of the patrons was killed with a pool cue........... As usual i'll be heavily armed, this months choice of weapon is the hideous white phosphorous grenade, thats incase young McCabe decides to get ugly................

Brett Franklin................Hows your pigeons.............'Peckin'!

Edited by Brett F

Just need to get in touch with that French geezer Monsieur Havakin, to arrange a pick up at the station, then with all guns blazing, i expect total anarchy and chaos as is usual at these savage and harsh Hellfire soul dayers...................... I believe last time i attended one of the patrons was killed with a pool cue........... As usual i'll be heavily armed, this months choice of weapon is the hideous white phosphorous grenade, thats incase young McCabe decides to get ugly................

Brett Franklin................Hows your pigeons.............'Peckin'!

Pigeons ? More like 'Flying Monkeys ' ........'whats she gonna look like with a chimney on her' ....the hellucinations are setting in already at the imminent arrival of The Wizard of Vinyl in The Fabled City of Madchester ! No Ugliness just pure unadulterated Soultastic ! Groovetastic Mayhem !

Cptn The Dark thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

thanks Chris - not now being able to drive has its (dis)advantages - 'the train takes the strain', but unfortunally there's no earlier or later ones on Winter Sundays .... sad.gif

15-17 OCTOBER 2010

'we can work it out !!!!! try and see it my way HELP ! whistling.gif Gonna be Fab , Gear n Groovey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF WE ALL SURVIVE THE XMAS BONANZA THEN PLANS ARE ALL READY UNDERWAY FOR OUR NEXT SHINDIG TO HERALD THE SPRING !!! THIS WILL BE BACK TO THE OCTOBER FORMAT ..LESS DISC-JOCKEYS BUT MORE TIME TO PLAY AND EXPLORE BUT AS ALWAYS THE SAME OLD QUALITY !!! DETAILS SOON !!!

BIG SHOUT OUT FOR ALL VENUES & PROMOTERS AND ALL WHO ATTEND OVER THE FESTIVE BREAAAAAK... WE'RE ALL MAD FOR THIS THING CALLED SOUL AND ALL HOPELESSLY HOOKED FOR LIFE WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT thumbsup.gif

SO JUST LIKE TO SAY GOOD LUCK ! PEACE & HAPPINESS AND HOPE EVERYONE HAS A FABULOUS CHRISTMAS AND A SOULTASTIC NEW YEAR !!!!

CHRIS & CARLOS , ANDY B , CARL & MARIA , SARA , PAUL H , DAVE 'THE MAVERICK' & ALL THE CREW AT 'A TASTE OF HONEY ' :thumbup:

Tabs, Chris did the same thing last time...

Me finks he does it to confuse us lesser mortals...laugh.gif

Gotta go do some clothes washing as got nought to wear for the weekend...so excited...thumbup.gif

Looks like it's Beat Boutique Fri

Greatstone Sat

and Hellfire on the Sunday...thumbup.gif

Good job I've got couple of days to get over this weekend before we start again at the Radcliffe...ohmy.gif

Tabs, Chris did the same thing last time...

Me finks he does it to confuse us lesser mortals...laugh.gif

Gotta go do some clothes washing as got nought to wear for the weekend...so excited...thumbup.gif

Looks like it's Beat Boutique Fri

Greatstone Sat

and Hellfire on the Sunday...thumbup.gif

Good job I've got couple of days to get over this weekend before we start again at the Radcliffe...ohmy.gif

NEED SOME SANATOGEN & PRO-PLUS......MAYBE A BLOOD-TRANSFUSION & AN INDEFINITE STAY IN THE PRIORY ...........HOPE SANTA CAN SORT THAT LITTLE LOT OUT !

NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK I RECKON !

CPTN JUSTIN CASE thumbsup.gif

It´ll have to be a satellite link Sharon, I would love to be there, but Chris told me it was snowing in Mcr today while I was sunbathing at 29 degrees Centigrades tumbleweed3.gif , with a bottle of Corona thumbup.gif , what else. I will miss you all Have fun for me, I´ll be thinking of you wearing your coats ph34r.gif !!! Hahahaha

Hoping to make it..babysitter permitting....although I may bob along on my own as Cat from Chester is up...you know me C&C I sometimes make it...save me a chair next to Carlos :-)

It´ll have to be a satellite link Sharon, I would love to be there, but Chris told me it was snowing in Mcr today while I was sunbathing at 29 degrees Centigrades tumbleweed3.gif , with a bottle of Corona thumbup.gif , what else. I will miss you all Have fun for me, I´ll be thinking of you wearing your coats ph34r.gif !!! Hahahaha

coats!!!!- more like ski's - we woke up to sx inches of snow and grid locked roads...and its still snowing here ... hope you don't overdose on the sunshine and tequila ...laugh.gif

Have a great xmas Carlos

Whitby Weekender July 2nd - 4th 2010

DJ's; Andy Davies-Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Colin Curtis- Sean Chapman--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H -Snowy- Nige Brown-Andy Jackson- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Neil Jones- Chris King- Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood -- plus more to be announced.

Special Themes for 2010; Wigan v Cleethorpes DJ's Kev Roberts and Soul Sam battle it out! A salute to Blackpool Mecca with Colin Curtis

coats!!!!- more like ski's - we woke up to sx inches of snow and grid locked roads...and its still snowing here ... hope you don't overdose on the sunshine and tequila ...laugh.gif

Have a great xmas Carlos

Whitby Weekender July 2nd - 4th 2010

DJ's; Andy Davies-Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Colin Curtis- Sean Chapman--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H -Snowy- Nige Brown-Andy Jackson- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Neil Jones- Chris King- Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood -- plus more to be announced.

Special Themes for 2010; Wigan v Cleethorpes DJ's Kev Roberts and Soul Sam battle it out! A salute to Blackpool Mecca with Colin Curtis

WHY SPEND ALL THAT MONEY TRAVELLING ABROAD WHEN YOU CAN GET SOME OF THOSE OUTDOOR PUB HEATERS IN YA GARDEN AND A BUILDERS TRUCK OF SAND DELIVERED THEN GET THE DECKCHAIRS OUT OF THE SHED , NICK A COUPLE OF SHOPPING TROLLEYS COVER THEM IN TINSELL AND HEY PRESTO ! A COUPLE OF MOBILE MINI-BARS ! STRING SOME SPEAKERS UP AND CRACK OPEN 'THE NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL CHRISTMAS' BUMPER CD COLLECTION...GET SLAUGHTERED !!!!!!!! ABUSE THE NEIGHBOURS GET THE MOTHER OF ALL HANGOVERS AND AN ASBO AND WAKE UP SOMETIME IN THE NEW-YEAR KNOWING YOU'VE GOT YER MONEYS WORTH !!!!!!

CPTN CHAOS ph34r.gif

Hi Chris been looking forward to this got a couple of mates coming over as well,so make sure theres enough logs for the fire and plenty of Dortmunder behind the bar.Will there be any grub?like the hog roast last time. ATB Steve & Lesley

Hi Steve , Great stuff !! Well no Hog-Roast but defo Sunday style roast Dinner kinda grub whatelse he's got up his sleeve i dunno , I wasn't expecting the Hog last time it had been mentioned so yer neva know but Trad Sunday type grub of which i'll be partaking is defo on .....i'll look at website think its www.hellfireclubs.com and will speak to our genial host Dave 'The Maverick' later on !!!!!!!!!

Chris thumbsup.gif

Guest Brett F

Plus on a point of order so good to be @ a venue where original vinyl only is the order of the day, there are too many crap nights etc, where boots get played and then hide behind that awful curtain of shame and denial, anyone can come look @ my records, ill even scan the beasts for my playlist, I see so many times on venues I have attended people sneaking boots and the odd re-issue into their sets but convieniently putting their playlist up only to omit the label, total circus act soul dj's..........a taste of honey is the real deal the ethic is.... if you haven't got it then don't play it.......Brett F