• Replies 170
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I'm having flash-backs from the weekend...ohmy.gif

When is this Benny Hill style film gunna be shot and I've changed my mind on my outfit, I don' think a bikini and an orange string vest will suit...unsure.gif

soon as we get about twelve or more wannabe stars to take part whistling.gif but early i reckon unless y'all need a bit of Dutch Courage first...might need Brandy if it's a bit brisk !!!

Cptn 'That's a wrap' M thumbsup.gif

I FEEL A NATIVITY PLAY COMING ON !!!

BUT CRIKEY WHERE ARE WE GONNA FIND THREE WISE-MEN & A VIRGIN IN MANCHESTER whistling

UPDATED FLYER SOON !!!!

CPTN CHRISTY MASS thumbsup.gif

Lol, you may have to go to Salford Captain, Im sure you will find them there, plenty of wise-breaking into cars-men :wanker: and the odd not broken into virgin-house :thumbup:

oh my..this is going to be one hell of a day/nite :thumbsup:

as I break up from work on the Friday whoopee! I may come in a Santa outfit,if I can find it, and more importantly its saved me from going on the anal Xmas bash from work, who wants to go to disco, with a crap meal and watch some Lookie likey rip off group, when you have a vast array of DJ,s all playing quality music :thumbup:

Edited by mrs soul

oh my..this is going to be one hell of a day/nite laugh.gif

as I break up from work on the Friday whoopee! I may come in a Santa outfit,if I can find it, and more importantly its saved me from going on the anal Xmas bash from work, who wants to go to disco, with a crap meal and watch some Lookie likey rip off group, when you have a vast array of DJ,s all playing quality music yes.gif

WE COULD ARRANGE SOME DISCO, CRAP SCOFF AND A LOOKEY-LIKEY TRIBUTE BAND FOR YA LOU ..IF YA WANT ...THEN YA CAN HAVE THE BEST (OR WORSTwhistling.gif ) OF BOTH WORLDS shades.gif

CPTN X-FACTA thumbsup.gif

post-501-12585642660865_thumb.jpg

UPDATED FLYER !!!!!!!!!!

THIS REALLY IS THE FINAL LINE-UP (HONEST GUV !!!! )

TIMES JUST ABOUT SORTED SO WILL POST SOON !!!

CPTN M-PIE thumbsup.gif

stunning flyer Chris and a worthy addition to the collection . Can you email me one - as expected getting loads of interest and the're all wanting the flyer ...thumbsup.gif

Whitby Weekender July 2nd - 4th 2010

DJ's; Andy Davies-Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Colin Curtis- Sean Chapman--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H -Snowy- Nige Brown-Andy Jackson- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Neil Jones- Chris King- Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood -- plus more to be announced.

Special Themes for 2010; Wigan v Cleethorpes DJ's Kev Roberts and Soul Sam battle it out! A salute to Blackpool Mecca with Colin Curtis

stunning flyer Chris and a worthy addition to the collection . Can you email me one - as expected getting loads of interest and the're all wanting the flyer ...thumbsup.gif

Whitby Weekender July 2nd - 4th 2010

DJ's; Andy Davies-Soul Sam- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Colin Curtis- Sean Chapman--Eddy Edmundson -Mick H -Snowy- Nige Brown-Andy Jackson- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Neil Jones- Chris King- Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood -- plus more to be announced.

Special Themes for 2010; Wigan v Cleethorpes DJ's Kev Roberts and Soul Sam battle it out! A salute to Blackpool Mecca with Colin Curtis

I CERTAINLY WILL ! GONNA BE A BUSY OLE DAY , ALL HANDS ON DECK I RECKON IT'S GONNA BE BARMY !!!!!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

XMAS BONANZA TEAM-SHEET

A TASTE OF HONEY ‘THE CAULDRON’ Ground Floor

12 – BEEKS & DAVE RIMMER

12 .45 – KILLA & STU CHEETHAM

1.30 – JOHHNY FINGERS & MATT SMART

2.15 – PHIL SHIELDS & CHIC

3.00 – COLIN WOOD & NORTHERN NEV

3.45 - BRETT FRANKLIN & PAUL HAVEKIN

4.30 – DAWN CARMAN

5.15 - ADY POUNTAIN

6.00 – MALAYKA & DAVE THORLEY

7.00 – SOUL SAM

8.00 – KARL HEARD

9.00 - MARIA WILLINGHAM & SPECIAL GUEST

10 BEARSOUL & FRIENDS Featuring Sir Kenny Aitchison

Edited by bearsoul

‘DON’T SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS’

BELLWOOD IN THE BELLFRY’ 1st Floor

12 - GREATSTONE SC

1.00 – LITTLE AVE & SIR KENNETH AITCHISON

2. 00 - PETER JAY & ANDY BELLWOOD

3.00 - SOUL DISCIPLES : LOU , WOODY & JOHHNY WESTON

4.00 – JIMMY MACK

4.45 – DAVE RIVERS & STU CHEETHAM

5.45 – COLIN WOOD & NORTHERN NEV

6.30 – JO WALLACE & PAUL TP

7.30 – CHIC & PHIL SHIELDS

8.15 – JOHNNY FINGERS

9.15 –R&B WITH STEVIE Z !

Featuring : Dave Rimmer .

Beeks & Killa

Edited by bearsoul

'DON'T SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS'

'BELLWOOD IN THE BELLFRY' 1st Floor

12 - GREATSTONE SC

1.00 - LITTLE AVE & SIR KENNETH AITCHISON

2. 00 - PETER JAY & ANDY BELLWOOD

3.00 - SOUL DISCIPLES : LOU , WOODY & JOHHNY WESTON

4.00 - JIMMY MACK

4.45 - DAVE RIVERS & STU CHEETHAM

5.45 - COLIN WOOD & NORTHERN NEV

6.30 - JO WALLACE & PAUL TP

7.30 - CHIC & PHIL SHIELDS

8.15 - JOHNNY FINGERS

9.15 -R&B WITH STEVIE Z !

Featuring : Dave Rimmer .

Beeks & Killa

bet the running orders took some working out Chris - well done Cpt :good:

two rooms of xmas madness and the finest festive soul around. Recon the stairs to the Belfry will be worn out as we'll be spoit for choice .

Hopefully the venue will be indulging us with their excellent sunday lunch roast platters thumbsup.gif

Friday 18th DECEMBER (a day before the Riley Smith All dayer)

RILEY Smith warm-up @ The FALCON , TADCASTER

https://www.ukpubfinder.com/pub/41847

FREE ADMISSION .7.30 'TIL LATE

GUEST DJs INCLUDE : PHIL SHIELDS (BELFAST SOUL CLUB & RUGBY) , TONY HATFIELD (YORK SOUL CLUB ), TREV THOMAS , ANDY BELLWOOD (THE BELFRY , A TASTE OF HOMEY & RILEYSMITH HALL)

ANDY CARLING & JEFF KIDD (WETHERBY SOUL CLUB)

bet the running orders took some working out Chris - well done Cpt good.gif

two rooms of xmas madness and the finest festive soul around. Recon the stairs to the Belfry will be worn out as we'll be spoit for choice .

Hopefully the venue will be indulging us with their excellent sunday lunch roast platters thumbsup.gif

Friday 18th DECEMBER (a day before the Riley Smith All dayer)

GUEST DJs INCLUDE : PHIL SHIELDS (BELFAST SOUL CLUB & RUGBY) , TONY HATFIELD (YORK SOUL CLUB ), TREV THOMAS , ANDY BELLWOOD (THE BELFRY , A TASTE OF HOMEY & RILEYSMITH HALL)

SURE DID ANDY ! I THINK THEY'RE AS FAIR AS CAN BE ...

IT'S THE OWD CRIMBO PARTY SO WE ALL JOIN TOGETHER IN THE SPIRIT OF CO-0PERATION...PEACE N GOODWILL TO ALL N ORL THAT GROOVEY FANTASTIC SENTIMENT WHICH CAN ALL TO EASILY BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED!!!!

WITHOUT A DOUBT !!!!!! IT'S ALL TO DO WITH OUR LUV-AFFAIR WITH THIS THANG CALLED SOUL AND MEANS WE'RE ALL IN IT TOGETHER TILL THE BITTER ENDS AND THE SHORTS KICK-IN !!!!

AND WHATS IT GONNA BE ???...................A RIGHT OWD KNEES UP !!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

I can smell those mince pies already.............................

Sweet smell is it Phil? It"s your feet mate :lol: or is it sweeter than those feet? closedeyes.gif is it that soul music????? that SWEET SOUL MUSIC :thumbup: I am getting an attack of the Morgan syndrome. hypo.gif I don't think there is enough DJs I better bring my box do you think???? I think there's room for me on the :wicked: 25th

Andy

Sweet smell is it Phil? It"s your feet mate :laugh: or is it sweeter than those feet? closedeyes.gif is it that soul music????? that SWEET SOUL MUSIC :ohmy: I am getting an attack of the Morgan syndrome. :hypo: I don't think there is enough DJs I better bring my box do you think???? I think there's room for me on the :nono: 25th

Andy

What syndromes that then Andy ?? Your not suggesting i talk gibberish are ya ? whistling

yeah we're a tad short on the Dj front shades

Cptn Codswallop thumbsup.gif

hope theres gonna be some room left for the punters!!!!!thumbsup.gif

If it's not raining we might all be dancing in the park next door !!!!!!!!

Over the day it usually evens itself out but I reckon it'll defo be busier after the fury that be ' Crimbo Shopping Fever' abaits !!!!! around mid to early evening it gets a tad busier ..having said all that our Bumper Bonanza looks like it could begin getting a tad cozy from kick-off !! biggrin.gif

Cptn Chaos thumbsup.gif

Not something we ever trumpet as you Honey-Groovers know full well !!!

but fact of the matter is there will as, always be, a free CD !!

Just finished it on a very wet Manchester afternoon ( so Hey ! nowt new weather-wise then .. at least i'm not sat on me roof waiting to be hoisted into a helicopter.....)

AS usual a real groovey-mixed-bag of Soultastic grooves.....which have one thing in common ..they've all been dredged from my wee collection ...and hope y'all dig them as much as I do !!!

Y'all have to wait for the day too see what the tracks are but some of the Groovetastic Artists include .....Calvin Williams ... Spidells .... Art Neville .. Bobby Hutton ... Masqueraders ... Vandellas ... Gifts ... Kenny Gamble ... Billy Watson .. George Jackon .. Bobby Williams .. Classmen .... Esther Williams .. Bunny Sigler ... Festivals ... Percy Sledge ... Four Tops ... Downbeats .. David Ruffin ... James Brown ... Lynn Collins .. Herb Albert... PLUS A 'MYSTERY TRACK' ..................

Blimey Y'all can start guessing but they aint the obvious tracks ...but i'm grooving out here ...Yesiree Bob !!!!

CPTN CHRIS.T.MAS thumbsup.gif

Just booked my ferry for this weekend of festive fun seasoned with a few well chosen tunes

ALSO GOT TWO BIRTHDAYS TO CELEBRATE PHIL !!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ONLY THAT YOUNG MR DAVE RIVERS!!!!!!!

BUT 'A TASTE OF HONEY' HITS 21 !!!!!!

YEP OUR 21ST EDITION ..COMING OF AGE !!!! CALL IT WHAT YER WILL BUT IT'S GONNA BE A RIGHT OWD BEES-KNEES-UP THAT'S FOR SURE ...SO A FEW CELEBRATORY KINDA TUNES CPL SHIELDS !!!!!thumbsup.gif NAH JUST KIDDING PLAY YOUR USUAL GROOVETASTIC PLATTERS !!!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

prestine sales space booked in The Belfry for Mr Rimmer's tasty morsels . Expecting a platter of sales goodies laid out by CPT Morgan and hopefully a festive sales box from Corporal Shields . Any more ?

Friday 18th DECEMBER

**********************************************************************************

Guest Brett F

Wow what a line up. very happy to be with my old mate Monsieur Havekin the Parisian legend, i still have trouble understanding his broken English, but a finer Frenchman you could'nt wish to meet, plus i see the delectable Jo Wallace is coming too, hell i like that lady and i believe she likes me, her parents are from Sheffield.....(i think)

Me and Paul will delight all those in the crucible that is HELLFIRE.............

Sir Brett Franklin esquire.............

Wow what a line up. very happy to be with my old mate Monsieur Havekin the Parisian legend, i still have trouble understanding his broken English, but a finer Frenchman you could'nt wish to meet, plus i see the delectable Jo Wallace is coming too, hell i like that lady and i believe she likes me, her parents are from Sheffield.....(i think)

Me and Paul will delight all those in the crucible that is HELLFIRE.............

Sir Brett Franklin esquire.............

I THINK 'FRENCH' IS A FIVER !!!!! WELL IT WAS ANYWAY....... MIGHT BE LESS WHAT WITH THE RECESSION !!!!! AND DON'T FORGET THIS IS THE FIRST MENTION AND THE ORIGIN OF A NEW SUB-DIVISION ' GOTHIC - NORTHERN ' DON'T FORGET YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST whistling.gif

ACTUALLY FOLKS ! I WENT TO 'BURNLEY' MY FIRST TIME ....NOW THAT WAS 'GOTHIC-NORTHERN' FOR ALL THE RIGHT REASONS !! DARK ! HOT ! PEDAL TA THA METAL NORTHERN WITH SOME SUBTLE GROOVETASTIC SHADES TO LEAVEN THE MIX !!!!!!!! MMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!! WRAP IT UP I'LL TAKE IT !!!!!!!!

CPTN BEAU - JEST thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearsoul

STOP-PRESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! GENUINE CHANGE TO TIMES IN 'THE CAULDRON' FOR GENUINE REASONS !!!!!!!!!!! YESIREE BOB !!!!!!!!

XMAS BONANZA TEAM-SHEET

A TASTE OF HONEY 'THE CAULDRON' Ground Floor

12 - BEEKS & KILLA

12.45 - JOHHNY FINGERS & STU CHEETHAM

1.30 - PHIL SHIELDS & CHIC

2.15 - MATT SMART & DAVE RIMMER

3.00 - COLIN WOOD & NORTHERN NEV

3.45 - BRETT FRANKLIN & PAUL HAVEKIN

4.30 - DAWN CARMAN

5.15 - ADY POUNTAIN

6.00 - MALAYKA & DAVE THORLEY

7.00 - SOUL SAM

8.00 - KARL HEARD

9.00 - MARIA WILLINGHAM & SPECIAL GUEST

10 BEARSOUL & FRIENDS Featuring Sir Kenny Aitchison

CPTN M ph34r.gif

Hi really fancy this! Anyone going over from Liverpool with room for a big guy in their car? Ta! Shuggie.

POST IN LIFTS WANTED I'M SURE SOME GOOD-HEARTED SOUL WILL BE WINGING OUR WAY !

OR TRAIN TO VICTORIA ?

REALLY HOPE YA CAN MAKE IT TO OUR MAD LITTLE SHINDIG !!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

Sweet smell is it Phil? It"s your feet mate laugh.gif or is it sweeter than those feet? closedeyes.gif is it that soul music????? that SWEET SOUL MUSIC ohmy.gif I am getting an attack of the Morgan syndrome. hypo.gif I don't think there is enough DJs I better bring my box do you think???? I think there's room for me on the nono.gif 25th

Andy

LOL you'll have to be second in the queue Andy I offer my services to DJ biggrin.gif just in case!!! thumbup.gif It'll be a great day judging for the great music played on the last Taste of Honey and the feedback!!! tumbleweed3.gif

There's just a bit of space left in 'The Belfry' for dealers of fine vinyl and/or anyone with sales boxes just drop me a pm and I'll make sure some tables are allocated .

No charge for space, just admission cost.

DON'T MISS THIS ONE.....

Manifesto Soul Club Friday 11th Dec

Marine Villa Road , Knottingley. West Yorkshire

JACK KITCHING CHARITY APPEAL EVENT (FREE CD TO 1ST 50 )

DETAILS

Edited by andybellwood

There's just a bit of space left in 'The Belfry' for dealers of fine vinyl and/or anyone with sales boxes - just drop me a pm and I'll make sure some tables are allocated .

No charge for space, just admission cost.

I DO BELIEVE IT'S GONNA BE A TAD BUSY ..... UPSTAIRS ! DOWNSTAIRS & IN THE LADIES CHAMBER AS THE OWD RHYME GOES !!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

DON'T MISS THIS ONE.....

Manifesto Soul Club Friday 11th Dec

Marine Villa Road , Knottingley. West Yorkshire

JACK KITCHING CHARITY APPEAL EVENT (FREE CD TO 1ST 50 )

DETAILS

Top Man ! might be at Keele myself...or keel-hauled more likely !!!!!!!!!!!!! whistling.gif

BLISTERING BARNACLES !!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN NEVASAYDIE !!!! thumbsup.gif

Hi there Cap'n.As you know i can't make Taste Of ,cos i'm a bit of a wimp and can only be let out once on a weekend.I know you'll have a great time,what a line up!!!!.Was going to say Have Fun,but that's a given......Kev.

Hi there Cap'n.As you know i can't make Taste Of ,cos i'm a bit of a wimp and can only be let out once on a weekend.I know you'll have a great time,what a line up!!!!.Was going to say Have Fun,but that's a given......Kev.

THATSA PITY KEV BUT HOPE YOU GUYS CAN STILL GRACE US WITH YOUR TUNES AND FINE COMPANY AT THE NEXT GROOVETASTIC SHINDIG END OF MARCH ....OUR SOULTASTIC SPRING EDITION !!!!!!!!!!!

CPTN M thumbsup.gif

AND A TAD SILLY I SHUNNA WONDER IF TALES OF FANCY DRESS BE TRUE whistling.gif

CPTN M

.'..TADcaster SILLY..' that starts on Saturday @Riley.

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @

THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL , TADCASTER nr YORK,

SAT 19th December ALL DAYER 2PM -1AM

Venue is the restored 1920s, art deco ballroom with a fantastic main room (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England), balcony & upstairs rare soul room

Resident DJs PAT BRADY, TONY HATFIELD, JOHN PARKER , COLIN WOOD, ANDY BELLWOOD, MARTYN BYRD & DALE BYERS

SPECIAL GUEST DJs Maria Willingham & Guest, Phil Shields, Neil Rushton, Rob Wicks, Bri & Dave Pinch, Jo Wallace & Paul Thomas- Peter, Trev Thomas, Steve Wilson, Jeff Kidd & Andy Carling, the Attic Boys.

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Checkout the updates on soul-source

or more like Friday with the warm -up ...

Friday 18th DECEMBER

* *********************************************************************************

WHAT A WEEKEND THIS IS GONNA BE WITH THE GRAND FINALE @ TASTE OF HONEY !!!!!!!!

Edited by andybellwood

Hotel's booked and getting a tad excited now...thumbup.gif

ME TOO !!!!!!!! I CAN JUST SMELL THOSE SLEIGHBELLS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE !!!!!!!!

ARE YA BAKING THIS YEAR ? LIKE FOOD NOT BAKING AS A TAD WARM UNDER THE COLLAR..BUT Y'ALL WILL BE AFTER THE ANNUAL 'BENNY HILL' MEMORIAL CONGA ROUND THE PARK !! whistling.gif

CPTN COSTUME-CHANGE-WOT ME ? thumbsup.gif

Phil's just trying to re-inact Dublin...laugh.gif

We might still pop in to annoy you...but only if Carlos will throw together a cheese omlette...thumbup.gif

I'M SURE WE CAN RUSTLE UP SOME REFRESHMENTS ....OR POP INTO 'MULVANEYS LOUNGE & BAR' FOR SOME TOP ENTERTAINMENT WHICH USUALLY CONSISTS OF SOMEONE SWAYING AROUND IN FRONT OF YOU SAYING 'I'LL FIGHT YA FOR YA BOOTS' ..... FACT ! ph34r.gif

CPTN CAMP COMMITEE thumbsup.gif