• Replies 37
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi Mike -

Don't forget I have Spyders and Pree's singles up for sale right now at just £10 inc. p&p (UK). The 'A' side vocal, and the 'B' instrumental. At some stage the price will increase, with a view to recouping investment expenses, shipping, duty, taxes etc and in addition, to pay featured artiosts a reasonable royalty.

https://www.bandtraxs.com

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Mike,

There's been a lot of very good CDs released recently. In fact I think 2009 will be remembered as a bit of a golden year. Examples include:

N'Dambi - Pink Elephant

Maxwell - BLACKsummers night

Will Downing - Classique

George Benson - Songs and Stories

Calvin Richardson - Facts of Life

Smokey Robinson - Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Lee Fields - My World

Lisa McClendon - Reality

Ann Nesby - The Lula Lee Project

James Day - Natural Things

Makeda - Escape From Egypt:thumbup:

Edited by daved
Social source share

Guest stash313

Ton's of fantastic new releases around at the moment many included in Dave's post.

One that has taken my fancy naturally is the latest single from The Temptations.

A throwback to some of The Tempts Norman Whitefield material.

A return to form in my opinion.

Taken from the forthcoming album in February 2010 'Still Here', The Tempts first album since 2007 and their second with Bruce Williamson.

It is also the first album released through the groups own independant record label and away from Universal Motown Records.

Also keep an eye out for the new albums from Kenny Thomas and GC Cameron.

Edited by stash313
mp3 removed as per site policy
Social source share

Mike,

There's been a lot of very good CDs released recently. In fact I think 2009 will be remembered as a bit of a golden year. Examples include:

N'Dambi - Pink Elephant

Will Downing - Classique

Lee Fields - My World

Lisa McClendon - Reality

Makeda - Escape From Egyptthumbup.gif

nice one Dave

is it time yet for one of you tri-annual (or is it quad/quin) end of year modern round ups biggrin.gif

Ton's of fantastic new releases around at the moment many included in Dave's post.

One that has taken my fancy naturally is the latest single from The Temptations.

A throwback to some of The Tempts Norman Whitefield material.

A return to form in my opinion.

Taken from the forthcoming album in February 2010 'Still Here', The Tempts first album since 2007 and their second with Bruce Williamson.

It is also the first album released through the groups own independant record label and away from Universal Motown Records.

Also keep an eye out for the new albums from Kenny Thomas and GC Cameron.

that clip ertainly hits the spot Sean, remind us when its out

though have had to drop it as mp3 attachement as dont/cant allow them

can you add it via refosoul ? or i can do it for you

Social source share

Mike,

N'Dambi - Pink Elephant

Will Downing - Classique

Lee Fields - My World

Lisa McClendon - Reality

Makeda - Escape From Egyptthumbup.gif

Hi Dave,

would agree with most of your selections and also think the Soul Discovery compilation CD is an essential purchase, have also been enjoying the All-Star Tribute to Maze and we've also got the Jeff Ramsey and Marcell and the Truth CD's to look forward to.

Gary

Social source share

Hi Dave,

would agree with most of your selections and also think the Soul Discovery compilation CD is an essential purchase, have also been enjoying the All-Star Tribute to Maze and we've also got the Jeff Ramsey and Marcell and the Truth CD's to look forward to.

Gary

Hi Gary,

I hadn't included compilations but you're right. The Maze Tribute CD is awesome. "I Can't Wait" track from the forthcoming Marcell & The Truth CD is superb and a great taste of things to come. I also think the Jeff Ramsey tracks are the best on the James Day CDs so another one to look forward to.

Edited by daved
Social source share

nice one Dave

is it time yet for one of you tri-annual (or is it quad/quin) end of year modern round ups biggrin.gif

Hi Mike

Yes biggrin.gif lol. I'll make an effort this year, for the first time in many years, to do a round up. I'll also include my best CDs of the decade.

Social source share

The Stephanie Pickett and Charles Wilson CD's are also well worth a try if you like more traditional contemporary stuff. There has been a lot of great stuff this year actually if you like more contemporary stuff (and if you don't go away and don't boher with usual comments :P )

I have been doing some CD's of recent stuff for some people so will put sopund clps over next couple of days, not MP3's note Mr Livesey, someone of your background should really know better :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest stash313

The Temptations - Listen Up (Better Days) Rough Mix - 10/30 International

Title: Listen Up (Better Days) Rough Mix
Label: 10/30 International

]

Posted info:
; New release from The Temptations taken from their up-coming album 'Still Here' released in February 2010.A throw back to the days of Norman Whitfield.

Social source share

Guest stash313

nice one Dave

that clip ertainly hits the spot Sean, remind us when its out

though have had to drop it as mp3 attachement as dont/cant allow them

can you add it via refosoul ? or i can do it for you

Got it Mike,

Actually thought I had loaded it as a clip rather than the direct MP3 link. Don't use SS enough. :-)

February its out, although for anyone who is interested the MP3 is available now through the tempts own website and I-tunes as a FREE download. As a thanks for their fans support over the years and also to gauge feedback for the new album, so easier to use whilst the track is already available free to anyone who wants it.

Edited by stash313
Social source share

Was at a small local venue a few weeks back and this got played

was told it was one of this yrs big hits ,must confess it was a 1st for me ??

Anyone else bigging this up ??

Jurys out for me at the moment but admit it's catchyg.gif

Social source share

Was at a small local venue a few weeks back and this got played

was told it was one of this yrs big hits ,must confess it was a 1st for me ??

Anyone else bigging this up ??

Jurys out for me at the moment but admit it's catchy:chinstroke:

It's had some recognition but it's a remix of an old song rather than a new release.

Social source share

willie west and the high society bros - Timmion 7

Little Ann "Deep Shadows" - Timmion LP

That Willie West is Awesome! had to rush off to Timmion's site right away for one of these! and well done to Timmion for excellent packaging of this 45, great little pic sleeve, with great liner notes!:thumbup: been a long wait for something new from Willie! hope it aint another 30 years till his next!:D

steve

Social source share

Just been browsing Crazy Beats latest offerings & stumbled on this that should wet the tastebuds in the Northern & retro 70's & Modern rooms by the Teenagers. Wanted it to be awful with a group name like that but try as I can to hate it it's rather good.

Both sides well worth a listen IMO on the link below.

https://www.crazybeat.co.uk/more-info/Teenagers/Keep+On+Walking++Lean+On+Me++What+A+Unbelieble+Double+Sider++This+Should+Be+At+The+Top+Of+Everybodys+Play+Lists+In+A+Few+Days++Unmissable/Unique/70067//

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Good call Marco. This is also on the same album & it's out now & also on vinyl for those that way enclined.

THATS SUPERB ! HE REALLY HAS A WAY WITH A SONG :thumbup:

Social source share

https://www.youtube.c...h?v=fNakW41Eiek

As good as it gets for me this year ..awesome remake from one of the albums of 2009..Emotional and if you're going to rework something then no complaints if its as good as this :-))

Lin

Great shout Lin.

Here's another Joe cover version from this year that everybody should know (cue some wag saying the originals betterwhistling.gif ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ5qVxryH4g

Social source share

Some more recent, top of the playlist CD tracks that have got me all hot and bothered...............

Three great tracks from the Soul Unsigned album....

Richard Alexander Davis - You've Changed

The Constituents - Love

Candy Cream - Give Love A Chance

Vaneese Thomas - Soul Sister Vol. One....a peach of an album, all cover versions really well put together...the stand outs for me are..

Hypnotized

I Had A Talk With My Man

The Magic Of You

Comfort Me

Marcell & TheTruth - Symbols....another great album from these guys..

Lost In The Moment - absolutely awesome....!!

I'll try to get some sound clips up later...

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

The Phenomenal handclap band - 'Baby' on truth and Soul Records.....

One of my favourite soul tracks of the year!! beautiful track thumbsup.gif

not 'alf Liam - just got one :thumbup:

'There was a time' All dayer XMAS EVENT

Monday 28th December @ Kennedys Caf Bar, York

Resident DJs Soulmaster Jay, Barry Forth & Ricky Nelson.

Guest DJs Andy Bellwood (The Belfry, Taste of Honey & Riley Smith Hall), Pete Jay & Little Av (Manifesto Soul Club ), Mick Burnett.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!