Worksopsouler profile photo

Soul Galore Dinnington

Posted

Thanks for a great nite lads. Decent crowd, top tunes. great dancefloor, already looking forward to the 15th Anniversary in January.

Hope to see you at Soul at the Swan in Worksop on Friday the 13th of November, pity we clash with the Three Horse Shoes at Wickersley this month it's another great little venue worth visiting.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

Thanks for a great nite lads. Decent crowd, top tunes. great dancefloor, already looking forward to the 15th Anniversary in January.

Hope to see you at Soul at the Swan in Worksop on Friday the 13th of November, pity we clash with the Three Horse Shoes at Wickersley this month it's another great little venue worth visiting.

Nice one Andy, we'll be there on the 13th. good to see you tonight, it was an excellent night, I really enjoyed Charlies set, some really tasty English issue vinyl, which is always worth more than the American releases. Charlie cut his soul teeth at the Mojo, which had close ties artist wise with my home town club, The Twisted Wheel. Such a nice fella and really knowledgeable about the music that we all love. Deep Joy!!!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Our first visit to the Lyric and Soul Galore, and we hope to come again. After a scenic tour of Dinnington we dropped on the carpark by accident and followed the sound of music to the front door to be greeted by Ash in a skeleton outfit. Yes, the Atkins diet was too drastic lol.

What a great venue, superb dance floor, excellent sound system, no ear drum rattling, and varied selection of music.

We had not realised that Halloween costumes where optional otherwise we might have come dressed for the occassion but true to form Freda, Dave and Rae came up trumps as did a few other people, which all added to the evening.

Thanks for the cd, not had time to listen to it yet but looks interesting.

Getting out of Dinnington was a lot easier than getting in so we will know for next time!!

Hope some of the Soulies there will make the short journey down to East Kirkby Soul Club this Friday 6th to support Soul for Heroes, see EKSC posting for details.

John and Joyce

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted (edited)

Our first visit to the Lyric and Soul Galore, and we hope to come again. After a scenic tour of Dinnington we dropped on the carpark by accident and followed the sound of music to the front door to be greeted by Ash in a skeleton outfit. Yes, the Atkins diet was too drastic lol.

What a great venue, superb dance floor, excellent sound system, no ear drum rattling, and varied selection of music.

We had not realised that Halloween costumes where optional otherwise we might have come dressed for the occassion but true to form Freda, Dave and Rae came up trumps as did a few other people, which all added to the evening.

Thanks for the cd, not had time to listen to it yet but looks interesting.

Getting out of Dinnington was a lot easier than getting in so we will know for next time!!

Hope some of the Soulies there will make the short journey down to East Kirkby Soul Club this Friday 6th to support Soul for Heroes, see EKSC posting for details.

John and Joyce

Hi to you both, really pleased you enjoyed the night, after your Tour de Dinnington! The Lyric was always a winner, our spiritual home, but now its been fully refurbished its a really pleasant place to be whilst keeping that special atmosphere. Thanks for your kind words re the music and sound system, the great acoustics in the Lyric help as well, many thanks

to my fellow DJ's on the night, with Andy Jones early doors playing some tidy R&B tunes and actually taking control of the mic! Followed by Residents Keith 'the Impaler' Toyne, spinning some 'wicked sounds' and my good self playing tracks from the CD of Soul Galore floor fillers we gave away on the night, which should bring back good memories from your first visit to Soul Galore. The highlight of the night for me was our special guest Charlie's, 'The Victory Club' Sheffield, excellent set, this lovely guy has such knowledge of our music, to a level of which I have only encountered with very few of the many soul people I have met in 35 years+ as a professional DJ. I had the benefit of being able to listen to some wonderful anecdotes as to where, when and how each cherished disc was purchased as he cued it up, brilliant.

I will speak with Ash regarding East Kirkby SC on Friday, Ash is an 'Old (operative word) Soldier' and we've raised money for this worthy cause in the past, and hope to see you there.

KTF.

KiD.

Edited by K.I.D.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hiya John & Joyce

Really glad you enjoyed yourselves

We DO try to entertain :thumbup:

Thanx 4 compliments regards music venue etc etc BUT

did you HAVE to mention my special outfit :shades:

Had to change as the nylon was making me rather hot no, I meant sweaty

Can't promise regrads Friday cos I got the M-i-L in hospital

and wive dont drive - haven't seen Dave Knight for about a year

so it would be nice to catch up - have to see what situation like.

Anyhow pleased to have met you hope we bump into each other again somewhere and don't forget our "big 'un" on the 2nd Jan 2010 - Soul Galore's 15th Anniversary good.gif

with special guests Sean Hampsay & Kev Briscoe

If you fancy it and want advance tickets let me know ok?

Once again cheers

Ash :shades:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hi Andy(Worksopsouler)

Thanx for kind words (again) and really enjoyed our chat in the foyer with you & Barley - made a pleasant change to hold a soul mini forum without slating people :shades::thumbup:

We'll probably be over at yours this month and regards Barley guesting, yes I'd love to offer a spot but will have to be Feb cos big 15th Anniversary Night on 2nd Jan already sorted.

When I confirm 2010 dates I'll let you have them ok?

Keep spreading this wonderful faith of ours - diplomatically

of course good.gif

Ash

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A chap called Simon Marsh sent me a complimentary e-mail regards Soul Galore @ Lyric Saturday nite - dunno how to reproduce here wanker.gif but in essence said "loved venue atmosphere and music and where can I get some special dancing shoes like that Syd has" good.gif:thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

A chap called Simon Marsh sent me a complimentary e-mail regards Soul Galore @ Lyric Saturday nite - dunno how to reproduce here wanker.gif but in essence said "loved venue atmosphere and music and where can I get some special dancing shoes like that Syd has" good.gif:thumbup:

Hi Ash,

Heres a copy the email Simon sent,

To: soulmanash

Subject: Soul Night !

Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:16:44 +0000

Hello & thanks for a great night on Saturday !

1st time with you was excellent.

Please mail me with furthur dates.

Need some new dance shoes so was hoping you might advise ?

Their was one real quality dancer on saturday, he was dancing to the left side of the room,

looking from the Disc jockey.

He had some light looking shoes on, which looked to slide well,think he was sat with his wife/girlfriend plus others...

could not make out if they were Bowling shoes or dance shoes ?

any help here much appreciated.

Anyhow, thanks for a great night...still not stopped plying your free CD !

Regards simon

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

You clever sod :thumbup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted

You clever sod boxing.gif

Apparently not, some clever spirit says my posts are ill constructed and badly formatted, so now you know!:shhh:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Pack it in Dicky Ticker :lol:

All things sorted with NN Arena k? :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo
Posted (edited)

Pack it in Dicky Ticker :thumbup:

All things sorted with NN Arena k? boxing.gif

NN what? oh sorry did you mean the tented sports centre?:)

Edited by K.I.D.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
:rolleyes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

wicked.gif

ayup m8 cant get into this computor type stuff. hope u can sort out dates for nxt year so it fits in with my shifts! had a great nite n glad u took up m

y advice with the fancy dress. some crackin tunes and a pleasure to dance on probably one f the finest floors anywhere!!!!

cheers m8

ian

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

ayup m8 cant get into this computor type stuff. hope u can sort out dates for nxt year so it fits in with my shifts! had a great nite n glad u took up m

y advice with the fancy dress. some crackin tunes and a pleasure to dance on probably one f the finest floors anywhere!!!!

cheers m8

ian

That shifts at work or shifts in moods

I'll get me coat :thumbsup:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest leginrenrut54 profile photo
Posted

NN what? oh sorry did you mean the tented sports centre?whistling.gif

Now, now KID, please!!!!! boxing.gif

Back from my hols and you are still attempting to cheap shot us g.gifshhh.gif , I met up with one of your lads before I sailed off and being the gent I am, I thought we'd agreed to let it drop, although I/we have nothing to apologise for innocent.gif , you seem a little bitter KID wacko.gif

I only found this comment as I was double checking on other venues evenings so we don't clash on our next night, which is soon to be revealed, you've certainly lifted our profile, thank you for that KID and I'm sure we will get a good turn outtongue.gif.

Right off to finalise our next 'Northern in the Tent' night, you see what a great marketing phrase you've come up with KID for us, thank you once again beer.gif .

I might see you on the 2nd, although I will be cream crackered sleep3.gif after our NYE 500 person sell-out night (always sells out, by the way that's in tent to), headlined by 'Soul Story', only 42 tickets left, can't wait for that one thumbup.gif .

Share this forum post

soul source url
  1. Soul Galore - Dinnington - S25 - 11th Year Now
    Events Archive by soulmanash on Thu 14 Jun 2007
    • 3 / 427
    • soulmanash on 01 Nov 2007
  2. Soul Galore - Dinnington S25
    Lookbacks Archive by soulmanash on Sat 15 Sep 2007
    • 6 / 1136
    • soulmanash on 31 Oct 2007
  3. 2nd August - The Final Soul Galore @ Dinnington
    Events Archive by soulmanash on Thu 24 Jul 2008
    • 1 / 259
    • soulmanash on 24 Jul 2008
  4. Soul Galore Dinnington Nr Worksop
    Events Archive by soulmanash on Mon 09 Feb 2009
    • 6 / 309
    • soulmanash on 26 Feb 2009
  5. Dinnington Soul Galore
    Lookbacks Archive by Worksopsouler on Mon 13 Apr 2009
    • 2 / 301
    • Makemvinyl on 13 Apr 2009
  6. Soul Galore, Dinnington S25, Sat 30th May
    Lookbacks Archive by Guest on Mon 01 Jun 2009
    • 2 / 312
    • soulmanash on 01 Jun 2009
  7. Soul Galore, Dinnington S25, Sat 26Th September
    Lookbacks Archive by Guest on Tue 29 Sep 2009
    • 11 / 651
    • soulmanash on 06 Oct 2009

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.