Lifeline Allnighter

Just got back after a horrible journey on the M6 in the pouring rain. Well worth it though, another packer at the stables. Congratulations to all involved, and really top music and company all night. Happy 50th birthday to my good friend Karl Heard, who was inundated with cards and pressies. Well done pal.

See you all at the next one. thumbsup.gif

Phil.

Edited by quinvy
  • Replies 74
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

thanks to lifeline team for another. night of fantastic tunes and entertainment.i just want to leave a message for Sue deights / Fallon from banbury , the black cardigan you lost has been found. call or text and will return it by post to you.07510 425028. Happy birthday to Karl,who with mick h cliffe steele,chalky sam andy butch and the guy who was playin as we arrived at ten,whose name ive forgotten but spoke to in the smokin area to say how much i liked his set.not forgettin Rob smith who kept up tempo and quality to the last tune.Ace night again. loved it.

Edited by whatsthiscalled

A big thumbs up to everyone who made the effort last nite to make lifeline a allround success,from the ladies on the front ( will sort it but went without bunging you your liquid lunch... ) -friendly door lads ,resident spinners and all our guests.Hope everyone got a good tenners worth of proper northern soul dance music.will go into more detail later when feeling more earthly see when i got in the kids got up and with them a couple of hours of dolls and prams with me little girl and what seemed like 2 hours of gloves and pads and mixed martial arts sparring and grappling with me lad and he poked me in the eye by accident.. i wish it would have been mick h he'd poked in the eye it may make him think twice about playing the nolan sisters at 5.30 on a sunday morning !

Just got up after a few hours snooze..... Had a great time. Liked the venue....good floor, very cheap drinks although cans and bottles only!...... Sound system ok...high end shy IMO but I think my hearing is screwed....smashing crowd and terrific tunes....Mick's and Karls session before we left was outstanding.

A38 closed on the way in for us (accident).Detour thru every major town in the midlands.Thanks to Mark Johnson for directions via mobile.

Another great night altho our little band were quiet,and we actually sat down.

Loads of good company,great atmosphere...Kev.thumbsup.gif

Dave Greet set the standards high for the DJ's to follow at Lifeline.

I was really looking forward to Lifeline and especially listening to Dave Greet's spot and what a spot it was. Known, semi known and boy I wish I had those tunes. It was hard to believe that he was nervous before he went on as he was absolutely tremendous. It was worth the admission fee just to listen to him, the other DJ's were just the icing on the cake. Premier league soul music all round. A very big well done to all.

post-9095-12570854450458_thumb.jpg

post-9095-12570854648745_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony Foster

As per usual.. GREAT NIGHT - GREAT MUSIC - GREAT SOULIE PEEPS !! good.gif

Just a pity I couldn't make early doors (DJ commitment, Peterborough, first..) as I would have relished witnessing the Gloucester Posse's first couple o' hours 'warm-up'. Top Geezers, all of 'em, and some awesome tuneage between 'em, too !! yes.gif

Thanks a million to (Sir) Phil Kowalski for rescuing (& transporting with him..) my coat, from the previous week's Burnley 'Niter thumbsup.gif

Didn't arrive at Lifeline until around 2.30 - and headed off homeward just after 6 - but enjoyed every second I was there. Sam - seems to me that, when doing the 'Real Deal' 'Niter's - he goes to another level and leaves me ALWAYS looking forward to the next Lifeline installment. Butch.. Was 'Butch'.. 'Burfday Boy' Karl & Mick H's 'Double-Decking' set was doubly good with them complimenting each other admirably, I thought. A fantastic Set and a VERY active dance-floor, by way of appreciation from the dancers, as reward for their combined efforts.

Well done (as always !!) to the lad's behind - without ANY doubt - THE country's (still) current No.1 All Nighter. thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

My very grateful thanx for, yet another, 'Top' night of Soul Satisfaction.. smile.gif

Fingers.. shades.gif

As per usual.. GREAT NIGHT - GREAT MUSIC - GREAT SOULIE PEEPS !! good.gif

Just a pity I couldn't make early doors (DJ commitment, Peterborough, first..) as I would have relished witnessing the Gloucester Posse's first couple o' hours 'warm-up'. Top Geezers, all of 'em, and some awesome tuneage between 'em, too !! yes.gif

Thanks a million to (Sir) Phil Kowalski for rescuing (& transporting with him..) my coat, from the previous week's Burnley 'Niter thumbsup.gif

Didn't arrive at Lifeline until around 2.30 - and headed off homeward just after 6 - but enjoyed every second I was there. Sam - seems to me that, when doing the 'Real Deal' 'Niter's - he goes to another level and leaves me ALWAYS looking forward to the next Lifeline installment. Butch.. Was 'Butch'.. 'Burfday Boy' Karl & Mick H's 'Double-Decking' set was doubly good with them complimenting each other admirably, I thought. A fantastic Set and a VERY active dance-floor, by way of appreciation from the dancers, as reward for their combined efforts.

Well done (as always !!) to the lad's behind - without ANY doubt - THE country's (still) current No.1 All Nighter. thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

My very grateful thanx for, yet another, 'Top' night of Soul Satisfaction.. smile.gif

Fingers.. shades.gif

Anyone got some info on the cover up Sam played,something like Estelle or Esther Legrand.?Asked him myself,but can't remember what he saidwhistling.gif

Guest gordon russell

Many thanks to Andy Dawson and co for a cracking night of fun and frolicks and talking bollix....mainly to coggy lol .Music was great all night, loved it. Would just like to say a big happy birthday to our friend and top bloke Karl Heard. Usual funsters in attendence,but a special big up to Pete Widd who we've not seen in a while also my good old mate Dave Greet loved ya set lastly a very old friend who has just started to get out and about again Irish great company (see ya soon) atb Tezza & Jan

Guest Ferrett

Just surfacing after a few hours kip and thought I'd add a quick note of thanks for another top night. from the 7 of us in the Shropshire booth!

Arrived at 8.15pm departed at 7am so got 10 3/4 hours of tunes for 10 quid. By my reckoning thats about 5p per tune. BARGAIN!! Bit worried early doors that it was going to be a quiet one but filled up nicely by 11 ish.

Came home with a big fat blister on my foot which is always a sign of a good night thumbsup.gif

Butch stole the show for me this time, but it was a close run thing.

Agree with earlier comment that sound system sounded a bit muffled at times but not enough to spoil the show. Lighting was much better this time though with half the bulbs removed to drop us into the squalid darkness that us soulies love!! yes.gif

Well done to the Lifeline crew for an excellent 2009. I really think you've helped to push the scene forward this year. Can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

Neil & the Shropshire crowd

(Chimene, Kiddo, Wendy, Bryn, Amer & Squeak)

Where do you start -what a party folks no 1 venue -best promoters bar none and the music was incredible taking out the Nolan Sisters which Andy so rightly pointed out oh and the cross between theme from batman and man from uncle sam played [no criticism[ big respect as usual to the grandfather of british soul]but it did have me looking for the bat mobile at one point lol!!!

got there at 11 ish and was so wonderfully set up for records right next to Butch -it was wonderful to see you mate and catch up -hope it is not so long again and next time ill bring my own bottle of newcastle brown ale down for you !! Greeted by the lovely Jumping Joan and Tony 2 great friends -Tony you look well mate and Joan you had me laughing from 3 o clock onwards-i love you to bits girl!! Jeff Heads -my main travelling buddy was in fine form and wasnt it great coming back Jeff doing 90 in gale force floods and listening to radio 4 that shipping forecast .

Chalky -my good friend you saved my bacone and I reckon it is definetly my turn come febuary when i return to the next Lifeline -your a brilliand host and top top person!! Good to crack with everyone Cliff ,Val and their wonderful partners plying the sweeties -and who was it who nipped my arse lol,good to crack with darcyboy who always is spot on with his enthusiasm and observations -and good to crack on with Kev H -Dean Anderson who I had not seen for ages-the lovely Kitch and Julie ,Paul Sadot and that sense of humour lol,just too many to mention !!Ah finally good to meet Ted Massey good crack mate also!

The night itself -must be a daunting place to dj-standards are the high and rightly so-expectations met in that respect ,no complaints at all -one or 2 minor descretions lol but hey if its pointed out [that shows how high the standards are -]im not gonna pick out djs because there all deserve to be there -and full value was added by all of them]it is so hard to satisfy the lifeline punter-weve all been at it along time and im glad to say it was still a great learning curve for me with track after track-so well done everyone id say big hats off!!!

Ive been a little stale since April -Joan said it would restore a little bit taste for it and it has -and ontop of that the journey although long isnt really that bad so no excuses for the nest one-Andy Chalky all the promoters you are moving the british rare soul scene in the right direction in the 21st century -keep it going guys and keep that venue it is bloody ideal!! PS JOAN AND HEADSEY YES I WAS SCORCHING IN MY LEATHER JACKETT LOL-BUT I DID LOOK COOL EVEN THOUGH I WAS EXTREMLY DEHYDRATED!! CHEEKY BUGGERS LOL!!!

Baz Atkinson.

Edited by baz atkinson

Yeah what a top night at Lifeline! Really good mix of sounds from all the dj's, superb! Place was packed and good to see so many happy familiar faces. Happy birthday to Karl. Smudge asked if anyone had found his keys? Perhaps dropped to the (smoking) side of the stage??

Well done to Andy,Chalky and Mick you did it again and thanks for a great night out at the Stables.

ALL the DJs played top notch tunes i mean all the DJs,Dave greet id never seen so worried before he went on ,but did he do great YES HE DID well done Dave,

I also liked the lads from Gloucester area all 3 of them boy did they have some tunes between them,great stuff lads and thanks to Ezzie Brown on the education of what they were playing i only knew 2 of them in 2 hours.

Some fantastic costumes on show last night

A real bunch of nice friendly people in one room whom i class as friends makes for a great night,oh and Mick Cog i aint missing your birthday party at Burnley no way...I WILL BE THERE.

Also a happy birthday to Karl for last night mate.

Thanks to Lifeline long may it continue..well done fellas

Toby.

Again thanks to everyone who made it such a great night. It took an hour or so longer to fill up due to the road closures and roadworks etc but once everyone in another top night. Great sets form all the DJ's. Dave Greet telling me early on in the night how nervous he was and doubts over whether to play certain records, I just said don't worry, play what you want and enjoy it which I think he did.

Again as Andy said that is it until February when it will be our 6th Anniversary.

You can also join our Face Book page HERE where we will keep you updated with what is going on :D

Edited by chalky

As ever top drawer night, the event never fails to satisfy .... great music....the crowd so knowlegable, and so up for maximum enjoyment, and a fair dose of sillyness to boot,

Fancy dress including one of the guys as Ted "the count" Hankey, a few witches, the doc from "back to the future", and others in masks, ..and daft attire.

Dave Greet was superb, spot on old mate....highlight of the night the Doc. Peabody track, heard it a few times before, and it is as good as i first thought.

Looking forward to next one (anniversary) in feb. cant wait.

See you all soon

PH X

The night started with two disasters for us, first a minor one - the closure of the A38 adding about 40 mins to our journey. Got there eventually but worse was to come! Upon entering the stables and marching up the the bar I was confronted with a sign saying "NO DRAUGHT BEER" ohmy.gifangry.gif Body blowph34r.gif

Once I'd got my head round the fact that I'd be drinking out of bottles or cans all night it was uphill all the way with a night of top quality music and company as usual. thumbup.gif

Shite journey home with the rain and I've not slept too well having had a few nightmares after spending too much time with some goulish looking creatures (JR & BigPaul) but looking forward to next time.

Well done to the Lifeline crewthumbsup.gif

Guest Marcelle

Another most enjoyable night...quality music and company as usual.

Thought some of the Halloween costumes were excellent.....especially Andy Dysons 'Uncle Fester' outfit, so lifelike is was uncanny..... wicked.gif

Naughty Mace ...... whistling.gif though I must admit I did find it difficult to decide what you had come as ? innocent.gif

Thanks to the boys & girls of Lifeline for wearing me out again !!!! xxxx

Edited by Marcelle

Anyone got some info on the cover up Sam played,something like Estelle or Esther Legrand.?Asked him myself,but can't remember what he saidwhistling

You fishing again JR, I also asked him, was it Esther Franklin - good luck, or maybe not!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chinstroke::huh:

Will post tomorrow guy's, off to bo bo's:sleep3::sleep3::sleep3: .

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

Just surfacing after a few hours kip and thought I'd add a quick note of thanks for another top night. from the 7 of us in the Shropshire booth!

Arrived at 8.15pm departed at 7am so got 10 3/4 hours of tunes for 10 quid. By my reckoning thats about 5p per tune. BARGAIN!! Bit worried early doors that it was going to be a quiet one but filled up nicely by 11 ish.

Came home with a big fat blister on my foot which is always a sign of a good night thumbsup.gif

Butch stole the show for me this time, but it was a close run thing.

Agree with earlier comment that sound system sounded a bit muffled at times but not enough to spoil the show. Lighting was much better this time though with half the bulbs removed to drop us into the squalid darkness that us soulies love!! yes.gif

Well done to the Lifeline crew for an excellent 2009. I really think you've helped to push the scene forward this year. Can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

Neil & the Shropshire crowd

(Chimene, Kiddo, Wendy, Bryn, Amer & Squeak)

Not been out for a while, so what a blinder of a nite. Anyone who needs their faith restoring needs to check this fantastic gathering out. Like minded top people up for a good nite, quality toons many new to my ears and a venue that ticks all the boxes. Nice to see a full floor and lots of madness and just havin a crac. A QUALITY NIGHT OF WHAT THE SOUL SCENE IS ABOUT. KIMBO.shades.gifthumbup.gif

That Ann Sexton acetate was worth the entry alone who was it who played iT was it Mick H?

BAZ A

Was it "You're the sweetest thing that ever happened to me" ? If so Sam, and a Virtue acetate from Philly.

Great night Karen and I got there about mid way through Dave Greet's set.

Edited by Steve G

Yes it still continues to take the scene in a forward direction.Steve Green should be rebooked at a later time he has a lot to offer, what with the Young Mods,that thing on MGM never seen it before,the acetate of Believe Me. Butch done the business again like the unreleased Tobi Lark, Sam enjoyed especially Fellony Theft.Well done yet again Andy Mick H and the work horse Chalky(Mus'nt forget Bob and Derek) regards Gilly and Nicola

I'm sure its all already been

said but twas my first time,

intended going early and got

into bed around 5! Fantastic

venue, atmos and of course

music, I 'll try to get to all

future nighters here, tunes

of the night, while I was

there were the fascinators

and Charles Webster, well

done mr Greet.

Edited by geeselad

Great night - fantastic tunes - highlights Greety and Butch but all DJs fantastic sets - many thanks to Ady P for driving - apologies for 'nodding dog' impersonations on way home - completed second leg from yours to Chip'nam in one piece!! great to see Ripolles boys to reunite Driff 3 again - twice in a month. Top venue / sounds and atmosphere - what all nighters should be about - 70% tunes you don't recongnise but bloody awesome! - Great work by promoters!

Guest Mrs Simsy

What can i say that hasn't already been said?:wicked:

Great music, great people & great erm...time!:lol:

Brain still like scrambled eggs!:thumbup: Really enjoyed myself last night. Brilliant to see so many friendly familiar faces, the dancefloor packed for a large potion of the night & everybody having a whale of a time!

Top marks to the Lifeline guys!:wicked: See you at the next one.

P.S Just to mention it again, Smudge lost his house keys last night, we think that they may have fallen out of his coat pocket which was to the left hand side of the stage by the smoking area. Did anyone see them or hand them in? Thanks.

Not been out for a while, so what a blinder of a nite. Anyone who needs their faith restoring needs to check this fantastic gathering out. Like minded top people up for a good nite, quality toons many new to my ears and a venue that ticks all the boxes. Nice to see a full floor and lots of madness and just havin a crac. A QUALITY NIGHT OF WHAT THE SOUL SCENE IS ABOUT . KIMBO.shades:thumbup:

Well said! - This is the kind of event that keeps us coming out / interested - Long may it continue.

Cheers,

Len 'n' Nina (in spirit! as she had the kids last night - Trip to IKEA was the trade off!) - Well worth it though!thumbsup.gif

Well done Lifeline crew, excellent as always........ my first time at the Stables & agree with everyone, it's a great venuegood.gif but what happened to the Draught beer thmbdn.gif

Great music, great people & I had an errr............ great time !

Must have been a lot of nodding dogs in cars sunday morning, there were 2 in our car...thankfully RBman wasn't one of them. Thanks for delivering us safely at both ends Martin thumbsup.gif (but i'll bring a tape ot 2 next time!)

Arrived home just after 11am sleep3.gif worth it though !

Surreal moment of the night.......me, heading out to the car park, suddenly Count Dracula blocks my path and starts a conversation......me, who the f**k is this? Took me 5 minutes to realise, from the Notts accent, that it was bloody Mick H. shades.gif VERY IMPRESSIVE MATE. sweatingbullets.giflaugh.gif

Phil.

Yes it still continues to take the scene in a forward direction.Steve Green should be rebooked at a later time he has a lot to offer, what with the Young Mods,that thing on MGM never seen it before,the acetate of Believe Me. Butch done the business again like the unreleased Tobi Lark, Sam enjoyed especially Fellony Theft.Well done yet again Andy Mick H and the work horse Chalky(Mus'nt forget Bob and Derek) regards Gilly and Nicola

We Derbyshire lads had a excellent night,my aching legs can prove thatthumbsup.gif

Was you Looking for me Gilly?

Regards,Kev.

Ps.The A38 was closed off from 8.30pm southbound for 7,hours a man died in a accident

Edited by good angel

Was it "You're the sweetest thing that ever happened to me" ? If so Sam, and a Virtue acetate from Philly

ive got that on a tape he did from the mid late 80's

Yes he's had it for years Ted. I nearly prized it out of him at one point late 90s, but in the end he wouldn't sell.....He has started playing it again.

Edited by Steve G

Surreal moment of the night.......me, heading out to the car park, suddenly Count Dracula blocks my path and starts a conversation......me, who the f**k is this? Took me 5 minutes to realise, from the Notts accent, that it was bloody Mick H. shades VERY IMPRESSIVE MATE. :sweatingbullets::laugh:

Phil.

Snap!!!

Thanks to the lifeline folks for a great night. Haven't danced that much for eons...and I'm feeling it now!!

Absolutely fantastic - brilliant quality music, in EVERY area (didn't hear a duff track or out of sinc track in a set) - SUPERB spots (who said you couldnt mix modern and northern in the same spot) - was so fried on the night by seeing it done SO right (mainly - wasn't that gone otherwise, honest) that I never danced and spent all night raving about it to anyone I trapped.... Best nighter I've been to in 15-20 years, absolutely faultless.

Great to see young Mr Sway (first time for seven years - he appears to be getting younger) Mark Chamberlain (probably the same - the Originals at the Ritz certainly got them out of the woodwork) and Tony from Banbury who took me to my first nighter.

Running the boy Warburton over to Matchy's new do to DJ that night in Rotherham (great venue - 'should go massive') proved a somewhat cavalier route to Lifeline from Salford.

Lifeline WE OWE YOU! The definition of doing it right and everyone with big daft grin on their face as a result.

Dave

Edited by DaveNPete

This was paaaaaaaaaarty rite from the start!

very hard to find a parkin space early on told me it was rammed.

Fantastic nite will all the gang,far too many to name but you all kno who you are!

Musically a brill nite by all djs, I was totally blown away with Mick & Karls set

Welldone to all who took part in this fantastic nite!! thumbup.gif

Mike & Jan Cog

Great to see young Mr Sway (first time for seven years - he appears to be getting younger) Mark Chamberlain (probably the same - the Originals at the Ritz certainly got them out of the woodwork) and Tony from Banbury who took me to my first nighter.

Great to see you two too, only sorry i coulnt stay later, but had to take the mini soilie for a swim the next day. Next lifeline I'll bring reinforcements and intend to stay much longer. This nighter truely restored my faith. so many faces I'd not seen since the 8TS!

This was paaaaaaaaaarty rite from the start!

very hard to find a parkin space early on told me it was rammed.

Fantastic nite will all the gang,far too many to name but you all kno who you are!

Musically a brill nite by all djs, I was totally blown away with Mick & Karls set

Welldone to all who took part in this fantastic nite!! thumbup.gif

Mike & Jan Cog

Totally agree with you there Mike, the music was top drawer by all the dj's, and Mick & Karl's double act was brill, at one time they were four dj's at the deck's, sorry I missed Steve, Bob & Derek's spot, these guy's have some great tune's. Top night with good clean fun, happy smiling face's, laugh's, frolics, dancing, talking bolluck's, right up till 7.00am.

Had a laugh with a lady who had asked if she could put her jacket on top of mine, I said it was fine, but later on when I went to get my fag's from my jacket, she asked me what I was doing, she would'nt let me near it, took me age's to jog her memorywacko.gif, the look on her face when she did remember blush.gif priceless, pmsl.

A big thank you to Joan & Tony for the lift and great company thumbsup.gif.

Was'nt sure if I was going to go but was very glad I did, Well done allthumbup.gif.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit

What a night!

Picked young Willie West up from the train station at 6.20pm and it was all systems go from there.

Got to the Stables at around 10.30pm-ish due to the what seemed like a hundred miles or so of average speed checks on the M6. This meant we missed Steve and co but I know these guys well enough to know you were all very well entertained.

There was a great range of music played during the night as always. Some of it not to my taste, but so what? Where else can you see a dance floor the size of the Stables totally rammed at 6am in the morning!!

It has already been mentioned that the sound system could have been better but that is easy to fix and I am sure the guys will be on it for the next one.

That said, it in no way detracted from what was the most incredible night.

Had such a laugh with Nat and Elaine as always. Many thanks to Helen for the dvd which I am sure will prove scarier than any Halloween costume there on Saturday night.

Mick H - you could go and rob a bank wearing that outfit - no one would recognise you.

Karl Heard - Happy Birthday my smiley friend.

Baz Atkinson - Headsy says you are the Gok Wan of the northern soul scene :shades:

Such a shame there isn't one at Christmas - we will all be gagging by the time February comes!

Lifeline is without doubt the best niter going. Long may it continue thumbup.gif