Genuine One? Tony Daniels Acetate

Benji

Just seen this acetate of Tony Daniels "I won't cry" on Ebay:

https://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-NORTHERN-SOUL-DETROIT-ACETATE-TONY-DANIELS-LISTEN_W0QQitemZ310174260237QQcategoryZ306QQcmdZViewItem

The scan is pretty low quality but isn't it a NSC (National Sound Corporation) acetate? Said studio didn't open before the 1980s so the record can't be the real deal, can it?

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

looked like a nice score:thumbsup:

I noticed that Tony Daniels acetate on Ebay too. The handwriting and NSC belonged to Ron Murphy. Ron was a great guy and he used to cut lacquers for new vinyl releases. At one time he had a really great R&B/Soul collection that included a real Frank Wilson on Soul. R.I.P. my friend Ron!

Social source share

Guys,

Am I missing something with the links, as when I load them, they are two different sellers.

The Tony Daniels is sold by overpass60 which is the latest ebay name used by John Anderson (Soul Bowl)

The Little John is by Chattahoochee3 .

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

If the seller is John Anderson I stand corrected, although I would be interested to know what the starting price was. The reason I was suspicious is that several friends have owned dubs of this record (funnily enough with Audiodisc labels) which is notoriously difficult on original release.

Social source share

Guys,

Am I missing something with the links, as when I load them, they are two different sellers.

The Tony Daniels is sold by overpass60 which is the latest ebay name used by John Anderson (Soul Bowl)

The Little John is by Chattahoochee3 who always seems to sell quite a few boots.

Whoever overpass60 is, he's selling an acetate that was cut in the 80s or 90s and is certainly not genuine. I think in one of the Manship bootleg guide editions it is mentioned as well that NSC wasn't even around in the 60s

Chattahoochee3 is Tommy Potts he doesn't sell any bootlegs. no.gif

Edited by Benji
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!