Annesley Soul Club

Guest krawen

On the plus side, we can get out on the 2nd Saturday now to get to do's we've not been to before

thumbup.gif

Hi Steve and Pete, as per my post on Facebook, naturally I was so sorry to hear of this closure, the venue having so long been a favourite for me, and I'm extra glad I got over for the September date.

You're right that you'll appreciate the break from promoting and getting to the venues that you couldn't before on your dates. I did see so many people asked "will you look for a new venue?", both on this thread and on Facebook, while you've rightly stated your reasons not to, that they asked is a credit to how well liked Annesley was.

Thanks again for the many good times, I'll PM you re the New Year ticket.

See you about soon,

Alan

• Replies 124
  • Views 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Guys,

It's so sad to hear the news. sad.gif I cant count the amount of times weve all been to Annesley, you guys have been an inspiration to so many of us. thumbsup.gif So many nights weve gone home with our legs aching and can't get up in the morning. thumbup.gif I'll be there on sat to see you all and im sure we will al have an amazin night at Annesley as allways. You have also been a great support for all the other local clubs and you will always be welcome at the Grosvenor guys. You are all like having celebrities visit, thumbsup.gifthumbup.gif Well, you are to me anyway. See you all on Sat guys im looking forward to seeing you all. biggrin.gif

Ktf

Rob N Mark

Well Rob,

Me and Pete have been called many things over the years whilst promoting Annesley whistling.gif but Celebrities has never been one of the words used before laugh.gif ( thanks for the compliment mategood.gif )

See you Saturday

Steve B

Hi Bridgey & Linda

Don`t think our paths have crossed yet so hope to have a chat on Saturday , Likewise with my guest spot - No pressure then - (Can`t find an emoticon for bricking it LOL)

Lets go for it Saturday good.gif

Steve & Pauline Gutteridge

It,ll be ok dad whistling.gif , just make sure you get help lifting all those carvers onto the stage thumbup.gif

tongue.gif

Ian.

Somebody will, just not enough Soul Nights in Nottinghamshire innocent.gifwhistling.gif

You're right Steve,

Just spoke to Pete and we've decided to start our own individual nights up on the 2nd Saturday and clash with each other laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest Dave Turner

Note: for readers of this thread Dave (Pictured above) will be coming with me to Annesley on saturday.

He`ll be the one on my shoulders

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Sorry I`ll get me coat

No I won't, I'll be the tw-t trying to carry a box fulla Emidiscs sad.gif

By the way, got any room in the motor fer me soulmate rolleyes.gif

(dunno who she is but we've got summat in common) laugh.gif

Mandy20Short20legs.jpg

Edited by Dave Turner

Well I'm off to work now then straight down to Annesley to set up, so this will be my last chance probably to say owt on this thread.

If I dont see you tonight ,I'm sure we will bump into each other soon at a local do near you thumbsup.gif

Steve B

Hey Bridgey, The address for Annesley is

good.gifDerby road, Annesley, Nottinghamshire, NG15 0AP. good.gif

Hey Up Pete,

That's the Vinyl now sorted mate.....whistling.gif

I've done 2 boxes (350 in total), should be enough for an hour...thumbsup.gif ...LOL

We are really looking forward to tonight, sounds like it gonna be rammed....good.gif ..... Nice.

Just a shame its...... "sad.gifThe End Of An Era sad.gif".

See you nice an early.beer.gif

KTF.............. Bridgey & Linda....thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Guest biggray1

Very Sad about the closer of the Midlands best Soul nite ever,Pete and Steve have been brilliant to keep the local soulscene active,its a shame that the current finacial climate related too Pubs and Social Clubs havin too close because of the lack of Interest etc..very sad indeed. Still chin up fella's and good luck for any future plans etc. Graham & Rosy Dexterthumbsup.gif

Very Sad about the closer of the Midlands best Soul nite ever,Pete and Steve have been brilliant to keep the local soulscene active,its a shame that the current finacial climate related too Pubs and Social Clubs havin too close because of the lack of Interest etc..very sad indeed. Still chin up fella's and good luck for any future plans etc. Graham & Rosy Dexterthumbsup.gif

Hi Graham & Rosy, Thanks for the nice comments and thanks four your support

through out the years, See you soon Pete & Val thumbsup.gif

ame='allsouledout' date='13 November 2009 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1258131487' post='1192715']

It`s alright right for you, yours are Carvers mine are "original" 70`s Emidiscs heavy as F**K

Is it right you are double deckin` with Sven at the Meadow Club on Saturday

Tenner says you don`t get him out of Hooters! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Have a good one mate good.gif

Cheers Steve, and you too mate thumbup.gif , i,m going to bluetooth my set to the meadow club from Hooters whistling.gif , singing swedish folk songs with my new buddy laugh.gif

Ian.

ame='allsouledout' date='13 November 2009 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1258131487' post='1192715']

It`s alright right for you, yours are Carvers mine are "original" 70`s Emidiscs heavy as F**K

Is it right you are double deckin` with Sven at the Meadow Club on Saturday

Tenner says you don`t get him out of Hooters! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Have a good one mate good.gif

Cheers Steve, and you too mate thumbup.gif , i,m going to bluetooth my set to the meadow club from Hooters whistling.gif , singing swedish folk songs with my new buddy laugh.gif

Ian.

AUP STEVE,PETE.SORRY WE CAN,T MAKE TONIGHT,ALREADY PAYED FOR TICKETS AT BURNLEY,HAVE A GREAT NIGHT,CARL,WE,LL BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO CHRISTEN YOUR NEW VENUE,S FLOOR THOUGH ON THE OPENING NIGHT,KTF,KEEP THOSE MEMORYS GOING,thumbsup.gif

No new venue Carl sorry no.gif

Steve B

Steve B

A well earned break to let your hair down eh Stevewhistling.gif

I,ll be needing some DJ's for my new venture starting next year......................."Soul on the moon", a 54 day trip in pure NASA luxury, travelling to the venue and back will take up 53 days leaving time for a quick weightless soul night (well it could be day, won't be sure till we land !!) it,ll be the only time most of us old gits get to do a backdrop and get back up thumbup.gif . At a cost of £2.5M a head it's gonna be a bargain tongue.gif

Got you & Pete down for a spot, wonder if Karen & Val will do the doors on the shuttle ??laugh.gif

anyway i'll get me coat laugh.gif

Hope it's a cracker n a packer tonight lads, gutted i can't make it but i'll see you soon.

Ian.

Steve B

A well earned break to let your hair down eh Stevewhistling.gif

I,ll be needing some DJ's for my new venture starting next year......................."Soul on the moon", a 54 day trip in pure NASA luxury, travelling to the venue and back will take up 53 days leaving time for a quick weightless soul night (well it could be day, won't be sure till we land !!) it,ll be the only time most of us old gits get to do a backdrop and get back up thumbup.gif . At a cost of £2.5M a head it's gonna be a bargain tongue.gif

Got you & Pete down for a spot, wonder if Karen & Val will do the doors on the shuttle ??laugh.gif

anyway i'll get me coat laugh.gif

Hope it's a cracker n a packer tonight lads, gutted i can't make it but i'll see you soon.

Ian.

Hey Ian, Put me and Val down for that mate, No Ploblem just of to practice me back drop lol nono.gif