Never Had A Love So Good

Freebie

post-14215-12572645706881_thumb.jpg). I was recently looking at a record list on the internet and saw Never Had a love so good by Charles Johnson listed as £350. To say I was astounded would be an understatement, I bought my copy (pictured below) years ago from Pep in Wolverhampton when he had his shop next to the Old Vic, I think I paid £8 for it at the time, which I suppose was quite expensive back then. I bought it because I loved it, still do, and won't be selling it, but is it really going for that much nowadays?

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

post-14215-12572645706881_thumb.jpg). I was recently looking at a record list on the internet and saw Never Had a love so good by Charles Johnson listed as £350. To say I was astounded would be an understatement, I bought my copy (pictured below) years ago from Pep in Wolverhampton when he had his shop next to the Old Vic, I think I paid £8 for it at the time, which I suppose was quite expensive back then. I bought it because I loved it, still do, and won't be selling it, but is it really going for that much nowadays?

I think that's about right mate. Like you I bought mine fairly cheaply and had it nicked. I stopped collecting years ago and have never replaced it. Top, top sound for me. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks for the replies. I did have a quick look at past threads but obviously never noticed the one you put the link to. Thanks again Paup-ine, and for the Northern Noise bits you scanned into one of my previous topics.

bought 3 copies off soul bowl (for me and 2 of my mates), in the late 70's when RS was playing it, it was on the front page and only 4 quid!

think i remember an article on it some years later (black echoes i think?), saying they only pressed a couple of thousand copies and even the lable

owner didn't have one!. don't know if anyone can verify this?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert