Harry Deal & The Galaxies

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi people can you tell me how much a promo copy would be instead of the stock copy cheers thumbsup.gif

I would say there is very little diference between the promo and issue with the issue probably just a bit harder to find, does anyone know which is harder to find the Atco released issue or the black and silver label Eclipse design, which I assume is a local release prior to Atco/Atlantic picking it up.

There is another brilliant release on Eclipse by Harry Deal called 'What Am I Gonna Do', a lot cheaper too.

Regards,

Alan

Social source share

I would say there is very little diference between the promo and issue with the issue probably just a bit harder to find, does anyone know which is harder to find the Atco released issue or the black and silver label Eclipse design, which I assume is a local release prior to Atco/Atlantic picking it up.

There is another brilliant release on Eclipse by Harry Deal called 'What Am I Gonna Do', a lot cheaper too.

Regards,

Alan

personally i prefer w.a.i.g.d and it can be picked up around £15/25 , one u.s ebay seller had 8 unplayed copies for $10 each not long back, but i cant remember who g.gif

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Regards,

Alan

I'm sure there are two different Eclipse demo numbers and the first or lowest number is a lot harder to find unsure.gif

Steve J

Social source share

I'm sure there are two different Eclipse demo numbers and the first or lowest number is a lot harder to find unsure.gif

Steve J

Which came first the promo copy I have says eclipse across the top but there is others with it down the side. Where they pressed at diffrent plants ?

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

Which came first the promo copy I have says eclipse across the top but there is others with it down the side. Where they pressed at diffrent plants ?

I will look when i get home but i think 1001 & 6000 are the numbers of the two demo copys

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

The one I have is the white demo copy any diffrence in price on that one ?

John M as 1001 at £150 & 6000 at £100. I have seen a demo with the Eclipse down the left hand side a few years back and left it at $65 i have kicked myself a few times for doing that!IMO at least £150 for the 1001 demo.

Another nice track by HD is This posted by Pete Smith in 07.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/more/soul-library/harry-deal-youre-always-in-my-mind#toggle_content

Edited by SteveJohnston
Social source share

John M as 1001 at £150 & 6000 at £100. I have seen a demo with the Eclipse down the left hand side a few years back and left it at $65 i have kicked myself may a time for doing that!IMO at least £150 for the 1001 demo.

Another nice track by HD is This posted by Pete Smith in 07.

https://www.soul-sour...#toggle_content

Well the white demo I got of Ebay recentley for $76.00 I have always liked it but it had always been to expensive till now

Social source share

post-1275-12574331952368_thumb.jpg

told you so Arnie !!!

I reckon the bottom copy with the label name down the left is a reissue !, i have a WDJ LP on same label and it is a much later press, it also has a pic of them all looking much younger.

There was 2 Harry Deals, father & son if my memory is correct, the father took over as lead singer when the son got shipped away on national service and since then they swap round a lot, most of the band members are from the Deal family too i seem to recall !!

Ian.

Edited by allsouledout
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!