Quality Hotel - Dudley

Tabs

Quality Hotel, Quality Music and Quality people.

Think that sums it up. thumbup.gif

What a cracking way to start the weekend.

Traveled up with Charlie and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

And looking around the room I think the same could be said for everyone there. yes.gif

Congrats to Lou and well done for organizing this event.

Play lists would be appreciated guys and gals.

See you all soon.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey Ted

Didn't you see the cake on the table when you paid in. I enquired at what time the cutting ceremony would take place only to be told by Mrs Rimmer that the cake was a week past it's sell by date.whistling.gif

Might be an idea to check Dave Rimmer's beard for marzipan the next time you see himph34r.gif

A nice mix of sounds throught the nightgood.gif

Dave.w

Hey Ted

Didn't you see the cake on the table when you paid in. I enquired at what time the cutting ceremony would take place only to be told by Mrs Rimmer that the cake was a week past it's sell by date.whistling.gif

Might be an idea to check Dave Rimmer's beard for marzipan the next time you see himph34r.gif

A nice mix of sounds throught the nightgood.gif

Dave.w

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes great night even though we we're a little late which is normal for us but this time it was the M6's fault again two weeks running sure I read a sign that said the road works are there until spring 2010 :lol: :lol:. Great to see everyone and to hear the lads from Ireland, Lou glad you had a great birthday.

Sharon

Yep, that was a good ole night and no mistake! When Tricia and I got there (late, courtesy of British Brail)

the place was buzzing nicely! Many familiar, happy faces in attendance, and some nice toons issuing

from the speakers too! After many warm handshakes and words of welcome we settled down. Turned out

that two of our number couldn't make it so it was down to Danny and myself to "keep the side up"

Danny went on first and played a blinder having the dancefloor warmed up very quickly and keeping it that

way for his allocated hour. Well done that man!!!

And then it was my turn........ Playlist, someone said, so, in no particular order (because, unlike Dave Rimmer

who keeps his tunes ALPHABETICALLY mine are filed under "R" for random) here's more or less what I played

Constellations "Didn't know how to" Gemini Star

Adorables "Ooh boy" Golden World

Ambers "I love you baby" Verve

Sam Dees "Lonely for you baby" SSS

George Kirby "What can I do" Cadet

Garnet Mimms "Prove it to me" UA

Dynamics "I wanna know" Bigtop

Steinways "My heart's not in it anymore" Oliver

Edwin Starr "Running back and forth" Gordy

Eddie Holman "I surrender" ABC

Gwen Owens "I lost a good thing" Velgo

John Bowie "You're gonna miss a good thing" Merben

Rose Brooks "I'm moanin'" Soul City

Garland Green "It rained forty days and nights" Revue

Hesitations "Is this the way to treat a girl" GWP

Stoppers "Come back baby" Jubilee

Spiedels "Dream girl" Providence

Exits "Got to have money" Gemini

Len Jewell "All my good lovin'" Pzazz

Phil Terrell "Love has passed me by" Carnival

Bonnie Brisker "So much lovin'" Magic City

Mel Torme "Comin' home baby"

Prophets "Talk don't bother me " Delphi

Enjoyed every minute of it, and all too soon it was over to Dave and the gang

to finish off a great little night in an excellent venue. Those that missed it.....

Definitely get to the next one, Tricia and I will be back in a heartbeat.

To Woody and the Birthday Girl - Thanks for the great hospitality, it was an

honour and a privilege to play for you!!

Jim

gutted i had to miss it hope you had great night missis soul

see you and woody soon lol good.gif

hi 1amHarpo..we missed you, but dont fret, there will be another time when things are a bit better for you,we hope to catch up with yous soon , cos we are all wanting to hear your tunes, cos a liitle bird tells me you been buying:thumbup:

thankyou every body who came, and also a massive thankyou for your cards ect, you really did not have to, its not about me, its about the dj,s and the music, thats whats important to me, but its nice when you have a bit of fuss, but the thought of marzipan on daves beard !!!PMSL, and so will you when I tell you the tale of Danny boy, but you will have to wait cos woody taking me out for dinner!

Yep, that was a good ole night and no mistake! When Tricia and I got there (late, courtesy of British Brail)

the place was buzzing nicely! Many familiar, happy faces in attendance, and some nice toons issuing

from the speakers too! After many warm handshakes and words of welcome we settled down. Turned out

that two of our number couldn't make it so it was down to Danny and myself to "keep the side up"

Danny went on first and played a blinder having the dancefloor warmed up very quickly and keeping it that

way for his allocated hour. Well done that man!!!

And then it was my turn........ Playlist, someone said, so, in no particular order (because, unlike Dave Rimmer

who keeps his tunes ALPHABETICALLY mine are filed under "R" for random) here's more or less what I played

Constellations "Didn't know how to" Gemini Star

Adorables "Ooh boy" Golden World

Ambers "I love you baby" Verve

Sam Dees "Lonely for you baby" SSS

George Kirby "What can I do" Cadet

Garnet Mimms "Prove it to me" UA

Dynamics "I wanna know" Bigtop

Steinways "My heart's not in it anymore" Oliver

Edwin Starr "Running back and forth" Gordy

Eddie Holman "I surrender" ABC

Gwen Owens "I lost a good thing" Velgo

John Bowie "You're gonna miss a good thing" Merben

Rose Brooks "I'm moanin'" Soul City

Garland Green "It rained forty days and nights" Revue

Hesitations "Is this the way to treat a girl" GWP

Stoppers "Come back baby" Jubilee

Spiedels "Dream girl" Providence

Exits "Got to have money" Gemini

Len Jewell "All my good lovin'" Pzazz

Phil Terrell "Love has passed me by" Carnival

Bonnie Brisker "So much lovin'" Magic City

Mel Torme "Comin' home baby"

Prophets "Talk don't bother me " Delphi

Enjoyed every minute of it, and all too soon it was over to Dave and the gang

to finish off a great little night in an excellent venue. Those that missed it.....

Definitely get to the next one, Tricia and I will be back in a heartbeat.

To Woody and the Birthday Girl - Thanks for the great hospitality, it was an

honour and a privilege to play for you!!

Jim

so glad you got home safely,, even after gettin the cat hairs of trish,es trousers :thumbup: and thankyou for coming over to play for us, we really appreciate it, and also congratulations on your engagement, :thumbup: wot a fab nite it was, but mores laters :thumbsup:

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE THIS A GREAT NIGHT,ALAS TWO OF OUR IRISH MATES COULDNT MAKE IT,BUT DANNY AND JIMMY JUST BLOODY GREAT.GREAT TOO, TO SEE CHRIS AND CARLOS,KEV AND SHARON,FROM OOP NORTH AS I KNOW THE M.6. IS A MOTHER AT THE MOMENT.MANY THANKS TO COL KIDSON,WHO GOT THE EQUIPMENT SORTED,AND DAVE RIMMER FOR HIS HELP AND MARGIE FOR LOOKING AFTER THE DOOR.I HOPE LOU DOES A BLOG ON THE ESCAPADES OF ONE D.D. :thumbsup::D:lol:

My day started in Liverpool's slaughterhouse biggrin.gif

Got to the venue to hear Col and Dave playing quality tunes earlydoors and it set the bar for the rest of night.

Place filled up with a great bunch of friendly souls. Had a top night as I'd expect in such company. Happy birthday Lou, thanks for the err lift Woody (i musta pressed the ejector seat, anyone find the heel of my shoe)

Was a nice suprise to see the Lanzarote cowboys.

Danny

Lou,

Really enjoyed the night. Hoped you had a great birthday weekend. Was a bit full when I got home after eating my slice of the cake and Ted's. tongue.gif Nice to meet Jimmy and Danny, enjoyed their sets along with Dave Rimmer, Col Kidson. Enjoyed yours and Woody's set also of course. biggrin.gif Great to bump into Chalky and Sue, yes I did twist his arm to come down to Banbury. Well done me old Mucker. No doubt, will see you soon. Probably at the Rugby allnighter.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

sorry the cakes gone in my big round belly, and very nice it was aswell :thumbsup:

Danny boy wheres your play list please , :rolleyes:

we found Danny trying to thumb a lift outside hotel, after a lot of talking got him in our car, took Jimmy and Trish, to our house Danny fell asleep in our car, so we left him there,snoring, Jim and Trish curled up for a nap, and I said wot about Danny, leave him they sed, although I thought he would be cold, Woody got up at 5 to take them to airport went to car, Danny,s gone :lol: he woke up, at some point and thought where the fook am I in a daze, got out the car, went down the road, remember He ain't got a clue where he is :lol: he broke the heel off his shoe, bumped into some blokes in a car, who gave him a lift to Birmingham airport, so he was there befor every one else laugh.gif

you had to be there its always a rite laugh with Irish crew, :D