Betty Fikes

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Can anyone tell me what an original of Betty Fikes & The Passions - Prove It To Me looks like. Thanks in advance

Look up a member called 'Greety' and ask him, he played at Lifeline last saturday and I am sure he mentioned somebody asking for it whilst he was djing. Sure he's got one. Top bloke, sure he won't mind telling you.thumbsup.gif

Edited by chorleysoul
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

original is blue ....comes from selma same town as the black lady who refused to give up her seat on the bus. Great to hear it played out by the greet man

Social source share

Here's a scan of the original label. As the guys say above the pressing is on a red label. Never been that keen on 'Prove It' (preferring Dan Brantley's great original on Federal) but must say that I Can't Lie To My Heart would never be far from the top of any personal soul chart, a simply phenomenal record.

post-1080-12577950514843.jpg

Social source share

Here's a scan of the original label. As the guys say above the pressing is on a red label. Never been that keen on 'Prove It' (preferring Dan Brantley's great original on Federal) but must say that I Can't Lie To My Heart would never be far from the top of any personal soul chart, a simply phenomenal record.

Best side :thumbsup:

post-1506-12577954125574_thumb.jpg

Social source share

You're right Dave, truly Fantastic!

Where Soul Music comes from, innit!

I'd be there every Sunday if Betty was on the Pulpit!

biggrin.gif

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Yeah, I can just imagine Brother Greet and our lot walking into church after that recent Lifeline, the next sunday morning....Lord alive!laugh.gif

Superb video, even my Mrs loved that during a beak in her Official Junk TV schedulethumbsup.gif

Social source share

• 6 years later...
On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 16:44, Henry said:

Or after a Millwall match! :huh:

Good old Millwall, the only team with 4 l's in it's name and they can't pronounce one of them.....awww bless.

:wicked:

Edited by jam66
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert